|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Satrapi say the regime changed throughout the war?
(a) They become less solvent
(b) They become more tolerant
(c) They become less competent
(d) They become more repressive
2. Where did Anoosh say he suffered most?
(a) In his exile
(b) In his marriage
(c) In prison
(d) In his freedom
3. Why will retributive bombing be difficult for Iran?
(a) The air force was dismantled by international law
(b) The fighter pilots have been imprisoned
(c) The fighter pilots were killed in the revolution
(d) The air force has largely defected
4. How do Satrapi’s parents bring back rock and roll posters?
(a) They sew them into their jacket linings
(b) They sewed them into stuffed animals
(c) They rolled them into their suitcases
(d) They cut them into small pieces
5. What household item does Mohsen say was used for torturing his friend Ahmadi?
(a) An iron
(b) A stove
(d) A sponge
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Satrapi’s mother meet her husband?
2. Who is the source of Marjane Satrapi’s sentiments about the king?
3. How do the Guardians of the Revolution intimidate Siamak?
4. What do the Guardians of the Revolution threaten Satrapi’s mother with?
5. Why is it ironic that the widow joined the protest that gathered around her husband’s body?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)