|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Marjane Satrapi’s solution to not knowing anything?
(a) She goes back to playing with her friends
(b) She reads everything she can
(c) She asks her friends for explanations
(d) She has bad dreams even though she tries not to think about it
2. What resource changed Iran’s economy?
3. To whom does Marjane Satrapi compare her favorite writer, Ashraf Darvishian?
(a) Walt Whitman
(b) Herman Melville
(c) Jane Austen
(d) Charles Dickens
4. Why did Satrapi’s mother dye her hair?
(a) Because she had been mistaken for a Westerner and did not want to give that impression
(b) Because she had been photographed at a protest against the government
(c) Because she wanted to look younger and had too much gray hair
(d) Because she had been caught stealing from her job
5. What service did Satrapi perform for Mehri?
(a) She took care of the pet birds
(b) She read and wrote her letters
(c) She taught her how to read and write
(d) She cleaned up after her in her room
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Satrapi’s grandmother say the Shah’s father spent the country’s money?
2. What is Satrapi’s father’s reaction when he hears about Mehri’s romance with the neighbor boy?
3. In what way does Marjane Satrapi emulate her grandfather?
4. Where is Ashraf Darvishian from?
5. What did Satrapi say she wanted to be, when she grew up?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)