|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prediction does Satrapi’s mother make about Ramin?
(a) That he will be punished
(b) That he will repent one day
(c) That he will be tortured in his own way
(d) That he will never learn
2. Why did Satrapi’s mother dye her hair?
(a) Because she had been mistaken for a Westerner and did not want to give that impression
(b) Because she had been photographed at a protest against the government
(c) Because she had been caught stealing from her job
(d) Because she wanted to look younger and had too much gray hair
3. When does Satrapi realize that she doesn’t understand anything?
(a) When her parents describe the political situation in Iran
(b) When her parents laugh about a story about cancer and death
(c) When her grandmother tells her stories about her own childhood
(d) When her parents describe trying to live on a budget
4. What does Satrapi’s mother threaten to do to her, if she beats up Ramin?
(a) Cast her out of the family
(b) Send her to rot in prison
(c) Make her clean the house
(d) Nail her ears to the wall
5. Where had Satrapi’s father spent the day, when he returns at night?
(a) In the streets
(b) At the hospital
(c) In prison
(d) At the army's headquarters
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Iran modernized?
2. When does Satrapi’s account of her life begin?
3. Why was Satrapi’s father nearly arrested?
4. In what way does Marjane Satrapi emulate her grandfather?
5. Why is Satrapi’s mother upset with her and Mehri?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)