|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Iran modernized?
(a) 20th century
(b) 19th century
(c) 18th century
(d) 16th century
2. What are Marjane Satrapi’s sentiments about the King?
(a) She says he was chosen by God
(b) She says she wants him exiled
(c) She says he is an imposter
(d) She says she likes him because he looks kind
3. What cause did the people finally get to celebrate?
(a) Democratic reforms
(b) The king's departure
(c) Victory in the war with Iraq
(d) Increased liberties
4. What had just happened the year before Satrapi’s story begins?
(a) The death of her grandmother
(b) Her birth
(c) The exile of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi
(d) The Islamic Revolution
5. How does Satrapi’s grandmother say the Shah’s father spent the country’s money?
(a) On useless celebrations
(b) On educational reforms
(c) On military research
(d) On a lavish lifestyle
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Iran’s name from the sixth century B.C. till 1935?
2. What did the king test out in the months after Black Friday?
3. Who is the source of Marjane Satrapi’s sentiments about the king?
4. Where did Iran get its name?
5. Who created the first Iranian nation?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)