|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cause did the people finally get to celebrate?
(a) The king's departure
(b) Increased liberties
(c) Victory in the war with Iraq
(d) Democratic reforms
2. Where is Ashraf Darvishian from?
(a) He is an Afghan
(b) He is an American
(c) He is a Turk
(d) He is Kurdish
3. What was Mohammad Reza Pahlavi’s goal?
(a) Republican reforms
(b) An open market
(c) Religious freedom
(d) An Islamist state
4. What prediction does Satrapi’s mother make about Ramin?
(a) That he will be tortured in his own way
(b) That he will repent one day
(c) That he will be punished
(d) That he will never learn
5. When does Satrapi realize that she doesn’t understand anything?
(a) When her parents describe trying to live on a budget
(b) When her grandmother tells her stories about her own childhood
(c) When her parents describe the political situation in Iran
(d) When her parents laugh about a story about cancer and death
Short Answer Questions
1. What closed in Iran in 1980?
2. What does Satrapi want to play with her parents in Chapter 3?
3. Why is it ironic that the widow joined the protest that gathered around her husband’s body?
4. When was Iran modernized?
5. Where had Satrapi’s father spent the day, when he returns at night?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)