1. When does Satrapi’s account of Iranian history begin?
(b) 2000 BC
(c) 800 AD
(d) 610 AD
2. Where did Iran get its name?
(a) From local legends
(b) From indigenous Aryans
(c) From Indo-European invaders
(d) From Greek historians
3. Who created the first Iranian nation?
(a) The Aryans
(b) The Medes
(c) The Persians
(d) The Greeks
4. What was Iran’s name from the sixth century B.C. till 1935?
5. What did Iran’s geographical position dispose it toward?
6. When was Iran modernized?
(a) 20th century
(b) 16th century
(c) 18th century
(d) 19th century
7. What resource changed Iran’s economy?
8. Who immediately succeeded Mohammad Reza Pahlavi as the leader of Iran?
(a) Reza Shah
(b) Shell Oil
(c) Alexander the Great
9. When did Western influence in Iran end?
10. Why does Satrapi say that writing Persepolis was important to her?
(a) Because she wants to explain why Iran is the way that it is
(b) Because Iran is no longer the country she knew as a child
(c) Because she wants to tell the story of those who died for her country
(d) Because Iran has gotten a bad name form its extremist leaders
This section contains 4,822 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)