|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used to describe Ellen?
2. Poirot becomes very upset because Nick ______.
(a) Takes everything lightly.
(b) Refuses to listen.
(c) Tries to leave the nursing home.
(d) Is in her own world.
3. According to Hastings, Poirot has many ____________.
(c) Nonsensical ideas.
4. Who steps in to make an arrest?
5. Who was engaged to Michael Seton?
Short Answer Questions
1. The near poisoning causes Nick to ____ uncontrollably.
2. Who is arriving from in town later that day?
3. Poirot questions Ellen about her husband's ______.
4. Which character makes his first appearance in this part of the story?
5. When speaking to Nick at the nursing home Poirot compares himself to which toy?
Short Essay Questions
1. List at least some of the questions Poirot has about the people on the list.
2. What is Poirot's suggestion in regards to clearing up the mystery of the will?
3. What is contained in the letter sent to Poirot from Maggie's mother?
4. Explain the first steps taken in Poirot's plan to flush out the killer.
5. What does Poirot learn about the will during the next visit to see Nick?
6. What is Poirot's take on what will happen to Nick?
7. Discuss the scene in which Vyse reads Nick's will.
8. What is revealed in the letters Poirot and Hastings find in Nick's bedroom?
9. Explain the scene with the Crofts at this time.
10. Examine the conversation between Challenger and Poirot.
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)