|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was present when Nick drafted her will?
2. Who is arriving from in town later that day?
(a) Michael Seton.
(b) Jim Lazarus.
(c) Charles Vyse.
(d) Maggie's parents.
3. Hastings wakes up with a bout of which illness?
4. Poirot becomes very upset because Nick ______.
(a) Tries to leave the nursing home.
(b) Is in her own world.
(c) Takes everything lightly.
(d) Refuses to listen.
5. Poirot manages to get Croft's fingerprints from a ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is featured in the portrait hanging over Nick's bed?
2. Poirot decides to fake _____ with the help of the police.
3. What is the name of the action taken on behalf of a government official in this type of case?
4. Which character makes his first appearance in this part of the story?
5. Who is the sole beneficiary of the will?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the first steps taken in Poirot's plan to flush out the killer.
2. Explain the reason for Poirot and Hastings' trip into London.
3. Examine the conversation between Challenger and Poirot.
4. What is the obvious solution to the crime now that Freddie's husband is dead?
5. Who do Poirot and Hastings visit after leaving the nursing home?
6. What is Poirot's next step?
7. What is most disturbing about the delivery of the chocolates?
8. Explain the involvement of Weston in the case. What is the most recent piece of evidence uncovered?
9. Discuss the meeting between Poirot, Hastings and Inspector Japp.
10. What does Poirot learn about the will during the next visit to see Nick?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)