|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of event is proposed by Poirot?
2. Who shot Maggie?
(a) Freddie's husband.
(b) Ellen's son.
3. Poirot says, "Are not ___ escapes from death enough for her?"
4. Poirot refers to murderers as having a different ____________.
5. Hastings begs Poirot to contact ____ with news of Nick's recovery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Poirot requires which type of food to be shaped in a square?
2. Who speaks to Poirot about the latest murder attempt on Nick?
3. How does Nick refer to Ellen's child?
4. The Constable says that killers are often _____________.
5. What word is used to describe Ellen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do Poirot and Hastings visit after leaving the nursing home?
2. Discuss the meeting between Poirot, Hastings and Inspector Japp.
3. Explain the reason for Poirot and Hastings' trip into London.
4. Why is Poirot so curious about Ellen's whereabouts, the secret panel and J.?
5. Discuss the scene in which Vyse reads Nick's will.
6. Explain the scene with the Crofts at this time.
7. What is Poirot's take on what will happen to Nick?
8. Explain the first steps taken in Poirot's plan to flush out the killer.
9. What is revealed in the letters Poirot and Hastings find in Nick's bedroom?
10. Explain Hastings' role at this time.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)