|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At this point in the story, which of the following is not present at End House?
2. Who calls the police?
3. What unusual item does Nick take to the festivities?
4. Which of the characters is killed at this point?
5. How long has it been since Nick met Michael?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Nick gone after she left to answer the phone?
2. Nick invites Poirot to End House for which event?
3. Who goes to check in on Nick?
4. Poirot believes that Nick's actions have been ___________.
5. When approached with questions from Poirot, Nick claims that her _____ is missing.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Poirot and Hastings' arrival at End House and discussion with Ellen's family.
2. What plan is put into motion by Poirot and Dr. Graham?
3. Explain the relationships between the people Poirot saw lunching with Nick.
4. What is Poirot's reaction to Freddie's story?
5. Explain where Poirot and Hastings see Nick. What is the impression the men get of the young woman and her friend?
6. What confession does Freddie make to Poirot?
7. What is discovered when Poirot and Hastings enter the house?
8. What is Nick's secret? Why is it a secret?
9. Who are the other residents at End House?
10. How does Poirot begin to separate the suspects? What is Poirot's biggest obstacle at this point?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)