|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poirot believes that Nick is _____.
(a) Playing a part.
(d) Withholding information.
2. Who in Nick's family died first?
3. Nick has misplaced her will but tells Poirot it may be in the _____.
(d) Drawing room.
4. Poirot questions ____ about the potential inheritance from Seton.
5. Nick says she has always wanted to create a(n) _____ at End House.
(b) Flower garden.
(d) Orphan's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nick tells Poirot that she hinted to how many people about her situation?
2. Poirot is puzzled because there was no _____.
3. Who is allegedly killed by mistake?
4. What word is best used to describe Nick?
5. Poirot recalls a recent case he had solved in the south of France. What is the name used to identify the case?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Poirot figure out about Nick and the death of Maggie?
2. Explain the scene shortly after the discovery of Maggie's body.
3. Discuss the meeting between Poirot and Charles Vyse.
4. What questions does Poirot pose to Hastings the next morning?
5. Why is Poirot angry with himself over Maggie's murder?
6. What is Nick's secret? Why is it a secret?
7. Explain where Poirot and Hastings see Nick. What is the impression the men get of the young woman and her friend?
8. How does Poirot meet the Crofts?
9. Explain Poirot's initial thoughts about the people residing at End House.
10. Examine the conversation regarding Michael Seton.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)