|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman having lunch with Nick?
2. At what time does Nick run in to answer the phone?
3. Who in Nick's family died first?
4. Mrs. Croft was injured in what type of accident?
5. Nick and Seton became engaged around which holiday?
(c) Valentine's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Poirot believes that Nick is _____.
2. What is the occupation of Jim Lazarus?
3. At this point in the story, which of the following is not present at End House?
4. How many shots were fired during the fireworks?
5. Which of the characters is killed at this point?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Nick Buckley, the woman Poirot meets in the beginning of the story.
2. What confession does Freddie make to Poirot?
3. Who is suggested as being a suitable companion for Nick during this time of crisis?
4. Who are the other residents at End House?
5. Examine the conversation regarding Michael Seton.
6. Explain the relationships between the people Poirot saw lunching with Nick.
7. Explain the scene shortly after the discovery of Maggie's body.
8. Briefly describe Nick's family history.
9. Explain Poirot and Hastings' arrival at End House and discussion with Ellen's family.
10. What plan is put into motion by Poirot and Dr. Graham?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)