|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective would best suit Lazarus?
2. What is the name of the town?
(b) Black Pool.
(c) St. Loo.
3. Poirot believes that Nick's actions have been ___________.
(d) Over the top.
4. Poirot asks Ellen about which of the following?
(a) Husband's whereabouts.
(b) Family heirlooms.
(c) Gun safe.
(d) Secret compartment.
5. What is the second object mentioned that might have caused Nick's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is best used to describe Charles Vyse?
2. Poirot is also puzzled because there seems to be ______.
3. What name has Seton given to the object?
4. What is Poirot's nationality?
5. What word is best used to describe Freddie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Poirot's explanation regarding Nick's opportunity to gain from Seton's death? What was the purpose behind Nick's "accidents?"
2. How did Nick come by her unusual moniker?
3. What caused Poirot to make a new deduction about Nick's secret? What telltale thing did Nick say to tip off Poirot?
4. Explain Poirot's interaction with Mrs. Croft.
5. Explain Poirot and Hastings' arrival at End House and discussion with Ellen's family.
6. Discuss the meeting between Poirot and Charles Vyse.
7. Who are the other residents at End House?
8. What is discovered when Poirot and Hastings enter the house?
9. How does Poirot begin to separate the suspects? What is Poirot's biggest obstacle at this point?
10. Discuss Nick Buckley, the woman Poirot meets in the beginning of the story.
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)