|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poirot lies to the Crofts and says he has brought a special _____ for Nick.
(a) Box of chocolates.
2. Where are the guests taken by their hostess?
(a) Drawing room.
3. Poirot makes a note to interview which of the following?
(b) Mrs. Croft.
(c) The gardener.
(d) Ellen's child.
4. How old is Ellen's son?
5. Nick also mentions distant cousins living in what town?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since the uncle died?
2. Nick agrees to give permission for Poirot's ____ to enter End House.
3. How many shots were fired during the fireworks?
4. What type of drink is Nick given to help calm her nerves?
5. What was the uncle's general opinion of Nick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan is put into motion by Poirot and Dr. Graham?
2. Explain the arrival and introduction of Maggie.
3. What are some of Poirot's main concerns regarding Nick at this point?
4. At this point who are the two main suspects in the attempted murder against Nick?
5. Discuss Nick Buckley, the woman Poirot meets in the beginning of the story.
6. What is discovered when Poirot and Hastings enter the house?
7. Under what circumstances does Poirot meet Nick?
8. How does Poirot meet the Crofts?
9. What confession does Freddie make to Poirot?
10. Discuss the fireworks display and setting.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)