|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman's family home?
(a) Chester House.
(b) End House.
(d) Chateau Peril.
2. Who does the person meet on the way to make the call?
3. What word best describes Poirot at this point?
4. Nick invites Poirot to End House for which event?
(d) Garden party.
5. What is the surname of the couple currently renting the lodge at End House?
6. What is the name of Nick's housekeeper?
7. What is the companion's rank?
8. Who calls the police?
9. How long was Nick gone after she left to answer the phone?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
10. What is the first name of retired detective Poirot?
11. The newspaper prints a story about the death of _____.
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Nick Buckley.
(c) Michael Seton.
(d) Sir Graham.
12. What was Ellen doing when the murder took place?
(d) Clearing the table.
13. The sound of a ____ distracts the party goers.
(b) Delivery truck.
14. How did Nick's grandfather lose his fortune?
(b) Extravagant spending habits.
(c) Stock market.
15. Where will Nick be sent to ensure her safety?
(c) Nursing home.
(d) Police car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the characters is killed at this point?
2. What is Seton's job?
3. Poirot believes that Nick's actions have been ___________.
4. What was the uncle's general opinion of Nick?
5. How much is Nick's painting really worth?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)