Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1, The Majestic Hotel and Chapter 2, End House Abstract
* Reader meets Poirot, a Belgian detective.
* Poirot and his companion, Hastings, go to St. Loo.
* There have been murder attempts on the life of Nick Buckley.
* Buckley is engaged to Michael Seton.
* Nick's cousin Maggie is dead.
* Nick is poisoned.
* Poirot believes Nick caused Maggie's death.
This section contains 1,619 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)