Chapter 1, The Majestic Hotel and Chapter 2, End House
• Reader meets Poirot, a Belgian detective.
• Poirot and his companion, Hastings, go to St. Loo.
• There have been murder attempts on the life of Nick Buckley.
• Buckley is engaged to Michael Seton.
• Nick's cousin Maggie is dead.
• Nick is poisoned.
• Poirot believes Nick caused Maggie's death.
• Nick is now an heiress.
• Hastings wonders if Poirot will come out of retirement.
• Poirot says he is happy being retired and has just turned down an assignment.
• Michael Seton, a pilot attempting a round the world trip, is missing.
• Poirot meets Nick Buckley, owner of End House.
• There is a discussion about hats.
• Nick leaves her hat behind.
• Poirot finds a bullet hole in the hat confirming the murder attempts on Nick.
• Despite ambient noise, Poirot questions the fact that he did not hear a gun shot.
• Poirot meets Nick's companions.
• Nick scoffs...
This section contains 1,378 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)