|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Andrea Gail crew member "Sully" Sullivan's real given name?
2. Who is the captain of the Andrea Gail?
(a) Billy Tyne.
(b) Alfred Pierre.
(c) Bobby Shatford.
(d) Adam Randall.
3. According to Junger, fishermen enter their profession via which of the following routes listed?
(a) Fishermen openly choose the fishing profession.
(b) They enter it to provide for their families.
(c) Fishermen wander into fishing because their fathers, uncles, brothers, friends and other men in their lives are in it..
(d) They pursue and obtain a college education in marine biology.
4. According to Junger, what year were spotter planes first used to locate fish?
5. According to weather reports, what type of foul weather condition is taking place in Bermuda?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A hail storm accompanied by tornados.
(c) A typhoon.
(d) A series of severe thunderstorms.
6. According to Junger, who were the first to invent long line boats?
(a) The French.
(b) The Canadians.
(c) The Koreans.
(d) The Americans.
7. Why is Albert Johnston careful and concerned about being able to return from fishing expeditions?
(a) Because he knows that the odds are against him being able to return.
(b) Because he has listened to weather forecasts announcing the formation of a storm that is headed to the same location as the Andrea Gail.
(c) Because he has experienced a series of nightmares in which he was not able to return from a fishing expedition.
(d) Because he has a wife and children.
8. Based on its contents, what human emotion is conveyed in the note in a bottle found in Chapter One?
9. What information source does Sebastian Junger state that he uses for compiling the direct quotes alluded to characters in "The Perfect Storm" ?
(a) United States Coast Guard records.
(b) Gloucester town gossip.
(c) Interview he conducts with the principals.
(d) Gloucester Gazette newspaper.
10. After a month at sea, where does the Mary T make port?
(a) Worcester, Massachusetts.
(b) Gloucester, Massachusetts.
(c) Fairhaven, Massachusetts.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
11. Where are the two passengers aboard the Satori headed?
(b) Great Britain.
(c) Fairhaven, Massachusetts.
(d) Miami, Florida.
12. Which of the following is an information source whom Junger uses to write "The Perfect Storm"?
(a) Gloucester fishermen.
(b) Gloucester library.
(c) Gloucester mayor.
(d) Gloucester Gazette.
13. Around 1605, what outcasts did the English join with to establish the settlement at Gloucester?
(a) Outcasts from Britain.
(b) Outcasts from France.
(c) Outcasts from Newfoundland.
(d) Outcasts from Plymouth.
14. What type of boat is the note writer in Chapter One aboard?
(a) A ketch.
(b) A schooner.
(c) A pontoon.
(d) A dinghy.
15. According to author Sebastian Junger, what does a puncture wound from a swordfish mean?
(a) Instant blood clotting.
(b) Instant death.
(c) Instant blood poisoning.
(d) Instant infection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the crew keeping in radio contact with when disaster strikes the Andrea Gail?
2. What serves as Sebastian Junger's source for conversations that take place among characters in "The Perfect Storm"?
3. What type of sense does Junger apply to his use of the term "Perfect Storm" ?
4. Who does Sebastian Junger depend on for information to include in his narrative about the events surrounding the preparation and departure of the Andrea Gail from Gloucester?
5. Who is the cook aboard the Andrea Gail?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)