|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Andrea Gail crew member "Sully" Sullivan's real given name?
2. Which of the following sites are mentioned in Chapter Three as being two of the most dangerous places to fish?
(a) Boston Port and Fairhaven Port.
(b) Gloucester Port and Boston Port.
(c) Grand Banks and Georges Bank.
(d) Gloucester Port and Fairhaven Port.
3. What is the primary reason that the English settle in Beauport around 1603?
(a) Because every family was being granted ten acres of land.
(b) Because of the abundance of cod.
(c) Because of the busy port.
(d) Because it was free from British rule.
4. What do the crew members of the Andrea Gail spend most of their time doing on the week that the boat travels up and the week that the boat travels back from a fishing trip?
(a) Maintaining life-saving equipment aboard.
(b) Relaxing and sleeping.
(c) Preparing reports on their projected catch on the week that the boat travels up, and preparing actual catch reports on the week that the boat travels back from a fishing trip.
(d) Cleaning and preparing equipment for processing fish.
5. Based on its contents, what human emotion is conveyed in the note in a bottle found in Chapter One?
6. What is Andrea Gail crew member "Bugsy" Moran's real given name?
7. Which of the taverns listed is located around the fishing village from which the Andrea Gail sets sail?
(a) "The Red Tavern".
(b) "The Blue Tavern".
(c) "The Aqua Tavern".
(d) "The Green Tavern".
8. What source does Sebastian Junger use to reconstruct the disaster that befalls the Andrea Gail?
(a) A Gloucester fisherman who has witnessed the tragedy aboard the Andrea Gail.
(b) The incident report about the disaster on file with the United States Coast Guard.
(c) His mind. He creates an account detailing the disaster.
(d) Christine Cotter who claims that she has maintained contact with Bobby Stratford throughout the disaster.
9. What is the name of the vessel upon which it is established that the note in the bottle was written?
(a) The Atlantic Seafarer.
(b) The Falcon.
(c) The Dolan.
(d) The Wyeth.
10. What particular set of items do Chris and Murph gather to take with them aboard the Andrea Gail?
(a) A load of movies.
(b) Extra life jackets.
(c) Photos of each of their family members.
(d) Survival suits.
11. What region serves as a route through which the cold front that becomes part of "the mix" passes to join two other meteorological events to collectively create "The Perfect Storm"?
(b) North Pole.
(c) Arctic Circle.
(d) Canadian Shield.
12. Who is the captain of the Andrea Gail?
(a) Billy Tyne.
(b) Adam Randall.
(c) Bobby Shatford.
(d) Alfred Pierre.
13. Who is the captain of the Hannah Bolen?
(a) Bob Brown.
(b) Linda Greenlaw.
(c) Albert Johnston.
(d) Charlie Reed.
14. The manner in which Sebastian Junger writes Chapter One makes it resemble what type of narrative source?
(a) A dream or a memory.
(b) A verbatim account of verbal exchanges that he recorded between a couple of patrons at "The Crow's Nest".
(c) A United States Coast Guard incident report.
(d) A series of verbal exchanges between Junger and a crew member whom he has interviewed.
15. What type of activity does Junger engage in before being able to describe events that occur during "The Perfect Storm"?
(a) He interviews patrons of "The Crow's Nest".
(c) Literary research.
(d) Thoughts of a theoretical nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information source does Sebastian Junger state that he uses for compiling the direct quotes alluded to characters in "The Perfect Storm" ?
2. Where are the two passengers aboard the Satori headed?
3. Which of the time frames listed corresponds best to the setting of "The Perfect Storm"?
4. What serves as Sebastian Junger's source for conversations that take place among characters in "The Perfect Storm"?
5. What does the fishing term "haul back" mean?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)