|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose version is used as a basis for the description of the tragedy that takes place aboard the Andrea Gail during "The Perfect Storm"?
(a) Author Sebastian Junger's version.
(b) Captain Linda Greenlaw's version.
(c) Skipper Ray Leonard's version.
(d) Crewman Michael Moran's version.
2. What is the length of the Andrea Gail?
(a) Forty-five (45) feet.
(b) Seventy-five (75) feet.
(c) Fifty-five (55) feet.
(d) Sixty-two (62) feet.
3. Who aboard the Andrea Gail is able to survive "The Perfect Storm"?
(a) Alfred Pierre.
(b) Billy Tyne.
(c) Michael Moran.
(d) No one.
4. Aboard the Andrea Gail, Billy Tyne shares quarters with which of the following?
(a) Sully Sullivan.
(b) Alfred Pierre.
(c) No one.
(d) Bobby Shatford.
5. Billy Tyne and the crew aboard the Andrea Gail pull in as much swordfish as the crew on which of the following?
(a) The Contship Holland.
(b) The Satori.
(c) The Eishin Maru.
(d) The Mary T.
6. What does the disaster that strikes the vessel from which the note in a bottle originates do in relation to the disaster that takes place aboard the Andrea Gail?
(a) It predicts.
(b) It resembles.
(c) It foreshadows.
(d) It contrasts.
7. What does Junger NOT imply toward families who lost loved ones with respect to the title, "The Perfect Storm"?
(a) His opinion of a particular meteorological event.
(b) Reference to an event that changed their lives.
(c) A book title.
(d) Disrespect and insult.
8. How is Junger able to assist readers to differentiate direct quotes emanating from the characters throughout his narrative in "The Perfect Storm"?
(a) He uses italicization only.
(b) He does not use quotation marks.
(c) He uses quotation marks only.
(d) He uses italicization and quotation marks.
9. What group, if any, provides Sebastian Junger with the basis upon which he creates the tragedy that strikes the Andrea Gail?
(a) Support group comprised of family members who lost loved ones aboard the Andrea Gail.
(b) Local fishermen who have survived similar storms.
(c) No group. Sebastian Junger creates the events surrounding the tragedy that struck aboard the Andrea Gail.
(d) The United States Coast Guard which grants Junger access to a collection of incident reports detailing ship disasters in the same area where disaster hits the Andrea Gail.
10. When fishing, how long are the workdays of crew members aboard the Andrea Gail?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 18 hours.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
11. Who keeps records aboard the Andrea Gail?
(a) Michael Moran.
(b) No one.
(c) Billy Tyne.
(d) Bobby Stratford.
12. Who replaces Adam Randall as a crew member aboard the Andrea Gail?
(a) "Sully" Sullivan.
(b) Dale Murphy.
(c) "Bugsy" Moran.
(d) Bobby Shatford.
13. What particular set of items do Chris and Murph gather to take with them aboard the Andrea Gail?
(a) Photos of each of their family members.
(b) Extra life jackets.
(c) Survival suits.
(d) A load of movies.
14. Who expresses concerns to the person in charge of manning the Satori about the stormy weather that is likely to confront them should they continue toward their destination?
(a) Sue Bylander.
(b) Mary Anne Shatford.
(c) Christine Cotter.
(d) Karen Stimpson.
15. According to Junger, what type of shark can bite a man's leg off even after you cut off its head?
(a) Thrasher Shark.
(b) Mako shark.
(c) Nurse Shark.
(d) Great White Shark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of disaster strikes the boat from which the note in the bottle originates?
2. What ruined Billy Tyne's marriage to his wife, Jodi?
3. "The Perfect Storm" is a mixture of literature and what other type of narrative?
4. How many crew members have contributed to writing the note found in a bottle in Chapter One?
5. How is Chapter One presented?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)