|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a member of the rescue team attempting to rescue the sailor from the perilous sea along the New Jersey coast?
(a) John Spillane.
(b) Rick Smith.
(c) Doug Kostco.
(d) Dave Ruvola.
2. Based on its contents, what human emotion is conveyed in the note in a bottle found in Chapter One?
3. What type of refuge are the taverns around the fishing village in "The Perfect Storm" known to serve as for local fishermen?
(a) Community centers.
(c) Support group meeting places.
(d) Homes away from home.
4. What can be considered the main contributing factor to the Andrea Gail succumbing to "The Perfect Storm"?
(a) The inexpensive plywood that was used for its construction.
(b) The boxy construction of the Andrea Gail does not give much to the movement of the sea or during a storm.
(c) The inexperience of its captain and crew.
(d) The sailcloth that was used to construct the sail of the Andrea Gail is too heavy.
5. What object from the Andrea Gail washes up to shore?
(a) The ship's bell.
(b) The ship's binnacle.
(c) The ship's EPIRB.
(d) The ship's wheel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Adam Randall decide not to join the crew of the Andrea Gail on the particular fishing trip described in "The Perfect Storm"?
2. What type of disaster strikes the boat from which the note in the bottle originates?
3. How many helicopters are involved in the rescue of the crew of The Satori?
4. Where is debris from the Andrea Gail discovered?
5. Where does the crew of the Andrea Gail spot the Mary T?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)