|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the fishing village where the dock from which the Andrea Gail sets sail is located?
2. One of the side effects that larynospasm is known to cause is which of the following conditions?
(a) Hearing loss.
(c) Double vision.
(d) Low blood pressure.
3. Which name from the roster below does NOT reflect the name of an individual aboard The Satori?
(a) Albert Johnston.
(b) Ray Leonard.
(c) Karen Stimpston.
(d) Sue Bylander.
4. Why does Adam Randall decide not to join the crew of the Andrea Gail on the particular fishing trip described in "The Perfect Storm"?
(a) He forgets to pack his blood pressure medication and is unable to leave without it.
(b) Adam slips, falls, and fractures his back, leaving him unable to travel.
(c) Adam has a premonition of disaster.
(d) His mother becomes gravely ill and Adam feels that he cannot leave.
5. Judith Reeves is a Canadian aboard which of the following vessels?
(a) The Eishin Maru 78.
(b) The Allison.
(c) The Contship Holland.
(d) The Satori.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sable Island is also known as which of the following?
2. In Chapter 1, off the coast of which state does a mackerel schooner's crew find a bottle with a note in it?
3. How often does a weather event identical to the one that created "The Perfect Storm" occur?
4. In contrast, what does the skipper report to be the primary reason that The Satori ends up being abandoned during "The Perfect Storm"?
5. What type of ships does the Navy use to conduct stress and force experiments on its ships?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)