|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda Greenlaw with the Hannah Bolen provide the captain of the Andrea Gail with when he indicates to her that he has not had a profitable fishing trip?
2. What type of boat is The Satori?
(a) A pontoon.
(b) A sailing yacht.
(c) A schooner.
(d) A ketch.
3. What serves as Sebastian Junger's source for conversations that take place among characters in "The Perfect Storm"?
(a) Ship's log aboard the Andrea Gail.
(b) His mind. He makes up conversations among the crew of the Andrea Gail.
(c) Audio tapes recorded by the crew of the Andrea Gail.
(d) United States Coast Guard incident reports.
4. How many years of experience at sea do Murph, Bugsy and Billy have among them?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 21 years.
(c) 36 years.
(d) 34 years.
5. What took out the windows in the Andrea Gail in the midst of "The Perfect Storm"?
(a) Exceedingly strong gusts of wind.
(b) Intense air pressure that built inside the cabin of the Andrea Gail during "The Perfect Storm".
(d) Wind-driven rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes "voluntary apnea" as used by author Sebastian Junger in "The Perfect Storm"?
2. Chapter 7 includes explicit information about which of the following?
3. What type of disaster strikes the boat from which the note in the bottle originates?
4. What city in New York state does the Hudson River back up to as a result of "The Perfect Storm"?
5. What do the crew members of the Andrea Gail spend most of their time doing on the week that the boat travels up and the week that the boat travels back from a fishing trip?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)