|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to weather reports, what type of foul weather condition is taking place in Bermuda?
(a) A typhoon.
(b) A hail storm accompanied by tornados.
(c) A series of severe thunderstorms.
(d) A hurricane.
2. What do the crew members of the Andrea Gail spend most of their time doing on the week that the boat travels up and the week that the boat travels back from a fishing trip?
(a) Cleaning and preparing equipment for processing fish.
(b) Maintaining life-saving equipment aboard.
(c) Relaxing and sleeping.
(d) Preparing reports on their projected catch on the week that the boat travels up, and preparing actual catch reports on the week that the boat travels back from a fishing trip.
3. According to Junger, what type of shark can bite a man's leg off even after you cut off its head?
(a) Thrasher Shark.
(b) Nurse Shark.
(c) Mako shark.
(d) Great White Shark.
4. Who is the captain of the Hannah Bolen?
(a) Bob Brown.
(b) Charlie Reed.
(c) Albert Johnston.
(d) Linda Greenlaw.
5. Who aboard the Andrea Gail is able to survive "The Perfect Storm"?
(a) Michael Moran.
(b) No one.
(c) Alfred Pierre.
(d) Billy Tyne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is the note in a bottle found that is mentioned in Chapter One?
2. Why does Adam Randall decide not to join the crew of the Andrea Gail on the particular fishing trip described in "The Perfect Storm"?
3. When fishing, how long are the workdays of crew members aboard the Andrea Gail?
4. The writing style of which popular author listed below, along with his respective work listed alongside his name can be compared to the writing style that is employed by Sebastian Junger in "The Perfect Storm"?
5. What type of disaster strikes the boat from which the note in the bottle originates?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)