|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In retrospect, what is the best label to attach to Junger's narrative in "The Perfect Storm"?
(a) Fantasy-based account of true events.
(b) Fictionalized account of true events.
(c) True account of true events.
(d) Theoretical account of true events.
2. How many crew members have contributed to writing the note found in a bottle in Chapter One?
(a) Four crew members.
(b) One crew member.
(c) Six crew members.
(d) Two crew members.
3. What does the disaster that strikes the vessel from which the note in a bottle originates do in relation to the disaster that takes place aboard the Andrea Gail?
(a) It predicts.
(b) It resembles.
(c) It contrasts.
(d) It foreshadows.
4. Who is the crew keeping in radio contact with when disaster strikes the Andrea Gail?
(a) No one.
(b) Adam Randall.
(c) The United States Coast Guard.
(d) Christine Cotter.
5. Which of the following is an information source whom Junger uses to write "The Perfect Storm"?
(a) Gloucester library.
(b) Gloucester mayor.
(c) Gloucester fishermen.
(d) Gloucester Gazette.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are aboard the boat upon which the note in a bottle is penned?
2. What group, if any, provides Sebastian Junger with the basis upon which he creates the tragedy that strikes the Andrea Gail?
3. What type of basis does Sebastian Junger strive toward maintaining throughout his writing of "The Perfect Storm"?
4. What is it that the author(s) of the note found in a bottle in Chapter One ask for via the note?
5. Who aboard the Andrea Gail is able to survive "The Perfect Storm"?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)