|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of basis does Sebastian Junger strive toward maintaining throughout his writing of "The Perfect Storm"?
(a) Fantasy basis.
(b) Surreal basis.
(c) Factual basis.
(d) Religious basis.
2. Who is the crew keeping in radio contact with when disaster strikes the Andrea Gail?
(a) Adam Randall.
(b) No one.
(c) The United States Coast Guard.
(d) Christine Cotter.
3. In retrospect, what is the best label to attach to Junger's narrative in "The Perfect Storm"?
(a) Fictionalized account of true events.
(b) Fantasy-based account of true events.
(c) Theoretical account of true events.
(d) True account of true events.
4. What type of sense does Junger apply to his use of the term "Perfect Storm" ?
(a) Theoretical sense.
(b) Historical sense.
(c) Meteorological sense.
(d) Literal sense.
5. What source does Sebastian Junger use to reconstruct the disaster that befalls the Andrea Gail?
(a) A Gloucester fisherman who has witnessed the tragedy aboard the Andrea Gail.
(b) Christine Cotter who claims that she has maintained contact with Bobby Stratford throughout the disaster.
(c) The incident report about the disaster on file with the United States Coast Guard.
(d) His mind. He creates an account detailing the disaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What serves as Sebastian Junger's source for conversations that take place among characters in "The Perfect Storm"?
2. The note in the bottle that is found floating along the coast of New England is directed to which of the following?
3. "The Perfect Storm" is a mixture of literature and what other type of narrative?
4. Who keeps records aboard the Andrea Gail?
5. Whose version is used as a basis for the description of the tragedy that takes place aboard the Andrea Gail during "The Perfect Storm"?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)