|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the primary reason that the English settle in Beauport around 1603?
(a) Because it was free from British rule.
(b) Because every family was being granted ten acres of land.
(c) Because of the busy port.
(d) Because of the abundance of cod.
2. According to Junger, there are waves that do not depend on wind, but rather on which of the following elements?
(a) Water pressure.
3. In Chapter 1, off the coast of which state does a mackerel schooner's crew find a bottle with a note in it?
(c) New York.
4. Ethel Shatford, the mother of Andrea Gail crew member Bobby Shatford works as a bartender at which of the taverns listed?
(b) "The Ship's Wheel".
(c) "The Constant Wave".
(d) "The Crow's Nest".
5. How many miles does the Andrea Gail log over the course of four days?
(a) 460 miles.
(b) 122 miles.
(c) 545 miles.
(d) 605 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the cook aboard the Andrea Gail?
2. What year does disaster strike the boat upon which the note in a bottle was written?
3. What is the name of the vessel upon which it is established that the note in the bottle was written?
4. Select the phrase that corresponds to the label attached to fishing around the village from which the Andrea Gail sets sail.
5. How is Chapter One presented?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)