|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Alex tell Brittany means a white girl in his world?
(a) Chalk girl.
(b) Snow girl.
(c) Marshmallow girl.
(d) Halo girl.
2. Why does Alex get mad at Carlos for spending time with Wil?
(a) Carlos got a new tattoo.
(b) Carlos was in a drive-by shooting.
(c) Carlos helped to rob a liquor store.
(d) Carlos has a gun.
3. Which of the following is Brittany NOT wearing when she surprises Alex at the garage on Halloween?
(a) Pink lace bra.
(b) Silver satin jacket.
(c) Pom pom skirt.
(d) Fishnet stockings.
4. Where is the drug deal Alex is supposed to make to take place?
(a) Busse Woods.
(b) Clifton Bluff.
(c) Outer Banks.
(d) Fairfield Commons.
5. What does Colin do when Brittany breaks up with him?
(b) Hits her.
(c) Stomps away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paco take Alex to talk to him about not doing the drug deal?
2. Why is Alex pulled over and arrested on his way home in Chapter 34?
3. What happens to Brittany as a result of being late to the football game?
4. What does Alex do with Brittany's car keys in retaliation for her throwing his keys in the woods?
5. Who does Brittany call to tell about her break-up with Colin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Brittany always tried to present herself in a way that people expect of her and how is Alex changing her perspective on that?
2. What does Brittany agree to do for Alex at Paco's request in Chapter 46?
3. Why does Alex get mad enough to hit Paco when he comes to the warehouse?
4. Why does Alex feel so out of place when he, Brittany, Sierra and Doug visit an art gallery?
5. Why is Brittany so impressed with Alex's behavior with Shelley?
6. What does Alex's mother warn him about regarding Hector?
7. What is the nature of the discussion between Brittany and her parents when they are at Sierra's house?
8. How do Brittany and Alex reunite at the end of "Perfect Chemistry"?
9. In what way does Hector's behavior serve as foreshadowing for danger for Alex later in the story?
10. What happens to Alex when he leaves Mexico and returns to Illinois?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)