|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin do on the beach that makes Brittany walk off alone?
(a) Smokes marijuana.
(b) Curses at her.
(c) Pressures her to have sex.
(d) Drinks tequila.
2. What does Brittany throw into the woods at the library parking lot?
(a) An old coat.
(b) A can of soda.
(c) Alex's keys.
(d) A frisbee.
3. Who is the friend who makes the bet with Alex?
4. What does Brittany say to Alex before she zooms out of the library parking lot?
(a) Payback's a bitch, ain't it, Alex.
(b) Call me later.
(c) See you tomorrow.
(d) Are you sure you don't want a ride.
5. Why is Brittany nervous about taking Alex to the school nurse's office?
(a) She is worried what her mother will say.
(b) She is afraid people will think they are dating.
(c) She is afraid he will pass out.
(d) She is afraid he will lean on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Perfect Chemistry" is written from which point of view?
2. Who is the gang recruiter seen with Carlos?
3. Who is Hector?
4. How did Alex sustain a wound on his arm?
5. What is Brittany's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the sight of his brother near the soccer field anger Alex?
2. What prevents a possible ugly situation when Brittany, who is drunk, wanders into the area of the beach where Alex and his Bloods are hanging out?
3. What is the initial conflict in the story of Alex and Brittany?
4. Why does Alex allow Carmen to seduce him on the beach even though he no longer wants to be involved with her?
5. How does Alex help take care of his widowed mother and two younger brothers?
6. What unusual technique does the author use regarding point of view in this book?
7. Why are Alex and Brittany punished after the first day in Chemistry class?
8. What does Alex know he will have to do eventually as a member of the Latino Bloods and why is he so resistant to the idea?
9. What pressures is Brittany experiencing at home and with Colin?
10. What does Brittany do after Colin pushes her to have sex on the beach?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)