|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Colin's last name?
2. In which group is Brittany categorized at school?
(a) The brainiacs.
(b) The popular kids.
(c) The shop guys.
(d) The nerds.
3. What device does Brittany's sister use to help her get mobile?
4. What does Alex notice about Brittany when she is passed out in the car?
(a) She has a tattoo on her neck.
(b) A chunk of her hair is missing.
(c) Her navel is pierced.
(d) She is wearing a wig.
5. In which class are Brittany and Alex teamed up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex get if he wins the bet in #35?
2. What does Brittany use to cover up the spot in #8?
3. What does Alex lose if he loses the bet in #35?
4. Who is Shelley's doctor?
5. What does one of Alex's friends bet that he cannot do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Brittany spend the night when she is drunk and why do she and Alex fight the next morning?
2. Why does Alex join a gang and sacrifice any chances of going to college?
3. Why does Brittany take more care of her sister than is necessary?
4. What is the initial conflict in the story of Alex and Brittany?
5. Why is Alex's bet with his friends an especially challenging one?
6. Why does Alex need Isabel's help regarding Brittany at the beach?
7. Why does the sight of his brother near the soccer field anger Alex?
8. How does Alex help take care of his widowed mother and two younger brothers?
9. What does Brittany do after Colin pushes her to have sex on the beach?
10. What does the author reveal about Brittany's life that is different from outside appearances?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)