|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alex drive Brittany to in Chapter 23?
(a) A dock.
(b) A warehouse parking lot.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) An abandoned airport.
2. Alex calls Brittany and order her to meet him at ___________________.
(b) the football field.
(c) the beach.
(d) the library.
3. What weapon does the rival gang member have when Alex arrives to help the boy in #47?
(a) A knife.
(b) Brass knuckles.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A chain.
4. To Alex, being the collector of the gang is preferable to _________________.
(a) selling guns.
(b) robbing stores.
(c) stealing cars.
(d) dealing drugs.
5. What game does Alex play with his friends in Chapter 22?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Alex when his father was killed?
2. Who is Brittany's sister?
3. "Perfect Chemistry" is written from which point of view?
4. Who does Brittany say is in her head when she is hung over?
5. What does Brittany ask Alex at the end of the driving lesson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Alex and Brittany punished after the first day in Chemistry class?
2. Who is the teacher who shows some interest interest in Alex and his future?
3. How does Alex help take care of his widowed mother and two younger brothers?
4. What information about their personal pain do Brittany and Alex admit to each other at the abandoned airport?
5. How does being a Latino Blood gang member make Alex's life harder at school and in his home life?
6. What does Alex know he will have to do eventually as a member of the Latino Bloods and why is he so resistant to the idea?
7. Why are Alex, Brittany and Colin forced to go to the principal's office after Chemistry class?
8. Where does Brittany spend the night when she is drunk and why do she and Alex fight the next morning?
9. What unusual technique does the author use regarding point of view in this book?
10. What prevents a possible ugly situation when Brittany, who is drunk, wanders into the area of the beach where Alex and his Bloods are hanging out?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)