• In Chapter 1, when Brittany Ellis is ready for school on the first day of her senior year, she must endure her mother's critical inspection.
• Brittany says goodbye to her sister, Shelley, who is in a wheelchair because of cerebral palsy.
• In Chapter 2, Alex Fuentes is awakened by his brother on the first day of school only to find himself refereeing a fight between his two younger brothers.
• Alex quickly dresses and has a quick breakfast with his mother and brothers before rushing off to school with Carmen, his ex-girlfriend and fellow gang member.
• In Chapter 3, Brittany goes to park her new BMW in the school parking lot, only to discover the spot she thought was empty actually contains Alex Fuentes' motorcycle.
• Frightened, Brittany struggles to get the manual transmission into reverse to get out of the way.
• Alex confronts Brittany in front of the school, but...
This section contains 2,930 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)