|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book in the Bible does Ransom consider as he argues with his voluble self?
2. Where does Ransom land when he finally gets out of the subterranean caverns he travelled through?
3. What creature does Ransom compare the face to that he sees at the beginning of Chapter 13?
4. What color is the vegetation that Ransom walks through at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. To what does Ransom compare the truths he comes to see in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Perelandra create Venus?
2. Why does Ransom realize that he is a miracle?
3. How does Ransom feel when he finds the injured frogs?
4. What does Ransom see when his thoughts are interrupted by a voice in Chapter 13?
5. How is Ransom described by the eldila?
6. In Chapter 9, what happens when Ransom attempts to move toward Weston?
7. What does Ransom discover as he searches the island for Un-man in Chapter 12?
8. When Ransom finally ends his subterranean journey, why does he think he is on a high mountain?
9. What are some of the things the Un-man does when the Lady dismisses him from her presence?
10. How does Ransom feel after he eats some seaweed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several times Ransom feels restrained from doing something he wants to do. What is Ransom doing or thinking of doing when he feels restraint? What emotions does he feel when he cannot do what he wants to do? How does he analyze these feelings of restraint?
Essay Topic 2
The eldila seem to be servants of Maleldil. In what way do the eldila serve Maleldil? Do the eldila have an appearance like Maledil? What is the job of the eldila? What does Ransom compare the eldila to? Why are they comparable to angels? Do they have a physical form? What characteristics do they possess? In what way do they rule their planets?
Essay Topic 3
The things that Ransom sees and experiences seem to be indescribable. Why can’t words describe what Ransom sees or experiences? How different is Earth from Venus? Is there any part of Venus that is like Earth? How do those differences make it difficult to describe Venus?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)