|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Green Lady say when Ransom asks if he can swim over?
2. Where did Ransom have to go?
3. What does Ransom do with Weston’s revolver?
4. In Chapter 4, what color are the dragon’s wings?
5. What color is the dragon’s tongue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of bird wakes Ransom in Chapter 5?
2. Describe the thunderstorm.
3. What are the rules about the fixed land on Perelandra?
4. What did the Green Lady name Ransom after?
5. What are some of the creatures that Ransom sees when he rides a sliver fish in Chapter 8?
6. How does Ransom describe the sea when he first is aware of it?
7. What happens when Weston states that he calls the Force into himself completely?
8. What does Ransom find to eat in Chapter 8?
9. What does Ransom wonder about mythology?
10. Why is the narrator going to see his friend Ransom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ransom believes that Lewis sees him as a megalomaniac. Why does Ransom think Lewis would accuse him of megalomania? What behaviors is Ransom exhibiting? Why might these behaviors be attributed to megalomania? Why isn’t Ransom a megalomaniac?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 9, Ransom finally discovers his purpose for being on Perelandra. What has it taken for Ransom to realize his purpose for being on Perelandra? Does the Green Lady know why Ransom has come? What circumstances help Ransom discover his purpose? What is his purpose for being on Perelandra?
Essay Topic 3
The eldila seem to be servants of Maleldil. In what way do the eldila serve Maleldil? Do the eldila have an appearance like Maledil? What is the job of the eldila? What does Ransom compare the eldila to? Why are they comparable to angels? Do they have a physical form? What characteristics do they possess? In what way do they rule their planets?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)