|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woman made of that Ransom sees in Chapter 4?
2. How long is the biggest of the silver fish?
3. How many miles has Weston travelled to reach Venus?
4. In Chapter 4, what color leaves does a fruit tree have?
5. Who does Ransom hear speaking when he awakes at the end of Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn’t Ransom leave the fixed land with the Lady?
2. How will Ransom get to Perelandra?
3. What are some of the creatures that Ransom sees when he rides a sliver fish in Chapter 8?
4. Why are there different creatures in the ancient worlds?
5. How does Ransom describe the sea when he first is aware of it?
6. What does Ransom find to eat in Chapter 8?
7. How do Ransom and the Green Lady get to the Fixed Land?
8. What are bubble-trees?
9. Why does Lewis struggle so when he walks to Ransom’s home?
10. Why does Ransom believe he is being sent to Perelandra?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The eldila seem to be servants of Maleldil. In what way do the eldila serve Maleldil? Do the eldila have an appearance like Maledil? What is the job of the eldila? What does Ransom compare the eldila to? Why are they comparable to angels? Do they have a physical form? What characteristics do they possess? In what way do they rule their planets?
Essay Topic 2
The things that Ransom sees and experiences seem to be indescribable. Why can’t words describe what Ransom sees or experiences? How different is Earth from Venus? Is there any part of Venus that is like Earth? How do those differences make it difficult to describe Venus?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 9, Ransom begins to believe that Weston is possessed. What are the first signs that Ransom sees that might indicate Weston’s body is possessed by another entity? What does Ransom catch Weston doing? As he comes upon Weston mutilating the creatures, why does Ransom decide that Weston is no longer in control of his own body? What does Ransom believe has possessed Weston?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)