|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far back does the Un-man stagger when Ransom hits him for torturing a creature?
(a) 2 feet.
(b) 12 paces.
(c) 6 paces.
(d) 3 feet.
2. Who does Weston say is doing beastly things with masks on in the middle of the night?
(a) People in Central Africa.
(b) People in Haiti.
(c) People in Central America.
(d) People in Jamaica.
3. In a dream Weston had about being dead, where was he lying?
(c) Nursing home.
4. When Ransom finds another shelf as he attempts to escape the cave, how tall is it?
(a) 6 feet.
(b) 5 feet.
(c) 2 feet.
(d) 4 feet.
5. What emotion consumes Ransom after he realizes what Weston has become?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Un-man tell the Lady she should disobey Maleldil?
2. In Chapter 14, how high does Ransom count before he shifts his position once he believes the Un-man is dead?
3. How many minutes does Ransom stare at Weston when he sees him hurting a creature?
4. As Ransom chases the Un-man through the wood, why do they pass branches that are bowed down?
5. What does Ransom see in a great cathedral space in the caverns he walks through?
Short Essay Questions
1. What image does Ransom see emerging from the stories told by the Un-man?
2. What does the creature look like that Ransom stalks in order to find out what is singing?
3. How is Ransom described by the eldila?
4. During the rainstorm, what does Ransom see when lightning flashes?
5. What does Ransom decide has happened to Weston?
6. After Ransom’s long sleep in the fire-lit cave, how does he feel?
7. In what way is Ransom a stone that determines the course of a river?
8. In Chapter 9, what happens when Ransom attempts to move toward Weston?
9. What does Ransom do as he waits for dawn in Chapter 14?
10. How does Ransom feel when he finds the injured frogs?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)