|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What absurd notion does Ransom consider about how Earth might have been saved from Eve’s disobedience?
(a) The snake drowned in a puddle.
(b) Adam killed the snake.
(c) Elephant trod on the snake.
(d) Another animal ate the snake.
2. How long does it take Ransom to put the creature he finds injured out of its misery?
(a) Nearly an hour.
(b) 90 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) About 30 minutes.
3. Where is Ransom when he feels a strong wind that blows sand in his face?
(a) Dark tunnel.
(b) Small tunnel.
(c) Large cave.
(d) Small cavern.
4. What is the Un-man torturing when Ransom finds him in Chapter 12?
5. What does Ransom eat while he rides the silver fish and pursues the Un-man?
Short Answer Questions
1. What creature is by the Lady as she listens to the Un-man at the beginning of Chapter 10?
2. Where did Ransom get wounded?
3. What sound do the Lady, Weston, and Ransom hear when they take shelter from the rain in Chapter 10?
4. Why does the Un-man tell the Lady she should disobey Maleldil?
5. What does the first voice sound like at the beginning of Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ransom described by the eldila?
2. In Chapter 12, why wouldn’t the Lady call Ransom Piebald any longer?
3. How does Ransom explain what Perelandra will do that day?
4. How does Ransom finally kill the Un-man?
5. Why does Ransom realize that he is a miracle?
6. After Ransom’s long sleep in the fire-lit cave, how does he feel?
7. What does Ransom do as he waits for dawn in Chapter 14?
8. How are the frogs injured?
9. In Chapter 9, what happens when Ransom attempts to move toward Weston?
10. What does Ransom decide has happened to Weston?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)