|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color cloak does Mephistopheles wear?
2. What horror does Ransom feel at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) Of wining.
(b) Of the Un-man.
(c) Of losing.
(d) Of death.
3. What does Ransom realize is his most serious injury as he begins to heal?
(a) A few broken ribs.
(b) A bite on the heel.
(c) A broken collarbone.
(d) An open wound on his head.
4. How far back does the Un-man stagger when Ransom hits him for torturing a creature?
(a) 12 paces.
(b) 3 feet.
(c) 6 paces.
(d) 2 feet.
5. What creature does Ransom compare the face to that he sees at the beginning of Chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ransom eat while he rides the silver fish and pursues the Un-man?
2. As Ransom fights the Un-man, from what does he shout a line?
3. What type of creatures does the narrator call the eldila?
4. Where does Ransom hit the Un-man when he sees that the Un-man is torturing a creature?
5. What does Ransom compare the fruit he sees after his subterranean journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ransom know that one of the eldila is the Oyarsa of Malacandra?
2. How is Ransom described by the eldila?
3. What does Ransom discover as he searches the island for Un-man in Chapter 12?
4. What does Ransom see when his thoughts are interrupted by a voice in Chapter 13?
5. What does Ransom do as he waits for dawn in Chapter 14?
6. How are the frogs injured?
7. In what way is Ransom a stone that determines the course of a river?
8. In Chapter 12, why wouldn’t the Lady call Ransom Piebald any longer?
9. How does Ransom feel when he finds the injured frogs?
10. In Chapter 9, what happens when Ransom attempts to move toward Weston?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)