|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How close to the Lady’s island is the island that Ransom is on?
(a) 5 feet.
(b) 4 feets.
(c) 20 feet.
(d) 50 feet.
2. How far does the narrator walk from the train station to Ransom’s cottage?
(a) 1/2 mile.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 1/4 mile.
(d) 3 miles.
3. In the wood, what color fruit hang like toy balloons?
4. Where did Ransom have to go?
5. What does the Green Lady say when Ransom asks if he can swim over?
(a) She says, “no.”
(b) She repeats the word “peace.”
(c) She says, “maybe tomorrow.”
(d) She nods and says "yes."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prevailing color of the atmosphere as Random approached the surface of Venus?
2. In Chapter 4, what is on the back of a dolphin-type fish?
3. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Weston have clenched between his teeth?
4. Where is Ransom going to be traveling?
5. How long is the biggest of the silver fish?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator thinking as he walks to Ransom’s cottage?
2. How do Ransom and the Green Lady get to the Fixed Land?
3. What does Ransom find to eat in Chapter 8?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 6 after the Lady is out of sight, what does Ransom have the urge to do?
5. Describe the thunderstorm.
6. How does the narrator describe the object he sees in Ransom’s house?
7. In Chapter 8, why is it so important to Ransom that he find Weston?
8. What supplies has Weston brought?
9. Just before twilight, what does Ransom see?
10. How does Ransom describe the sea when he first is aware of it?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)