|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does it take Ransom to be able to stand on a ridge and wave at a person on another island?
2. Where did Ransom travel previously that he longs to see again?
3. Where does Ransom find food on the Fixed Land?
(a) At the base of the cliffs.
(b) Near the beach.
(c) Upper slopes and wooded valleys.
(d) In a grove of trees.
4. What do the creatures look like that seem to come down with the rain?
5. How long does Ransom ride one of the silver fish in Chapter 8 before night falls?
(a) 90 minutes.
(b) 180 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) More than an hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which world did Maleldil first take human form?
2. During a Perelandran night, how far might someone be able to see?
3. What is the prevailing color of the atmosphere as Random approached the surface of Venus?
4. When Ransom awakes at the beginning of Chapter 8, where does he think he is?
5. What color berries does Ransom eat in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Green Lady know about other worlds?
2. What does Ransom see when he gets up and looks around in Chapter 5?
3. What is the narrator thinking as he walks to Ransom’s cottage?
4. Why are there different creatures in the ancient worlds?
5. How will Ransom get to Perelandra?
6. Describe the thunderstorm.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 6 after the Lady is out of sight, what does Ransom have the urge to do?
8. Why doesn’t Ransom eat two of the yellow fruits?
9. How does the narrator describe the object he sees in Ransom’s house?
10. What are bubble-trees?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)