|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the wood, what color fruit hang like toy balloons?
2. What emotion does Random feel when it begins raining?
3. What does the narrator pass on his way to Ransom’s cottage?
(a) Abandoned church.
(b) Dead factory.
(c) Daily farm.
4. What does the Green Lady do when she looks at Ransom?
5. About how fast do the Green Lady and Ransom travel when riding the silver fish?
(a) About 6 mph.
(b) About 5 mph.
(c) About 3 mph.
(d) About 10 mph.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ransom find food on the Fixed Land?
2. How long does Ransom ride one of the silver fish in Chapter 8 before night falls?
3. What color is the dragon’s tongue?
4. In Chapter 2, what do the narrator and Ransom eat for supper?
5. Who was Ransom’s chief captor when he was kidnapped and taken to Mars?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 6 after the Lady is out of sight, what does Ransom have the urge to do?
2. Why does Lewis struggle so when he walks to Ransom’s home?
3. What happens when Weston states that he calls the Force into himself completely?
4. How does Ransom describe the sea when he first is aware of it?
5. Why doesn’t the narrator have anything to carry as he walks to Ransom’s cottage?
6. What are the rules about the fixed land on Perelandra?
7. How does Ransom make friends with the dragon?
8. Why doesn’t Ransom eat two of the yellow fruits?
9. How will Ransom get to Perelandra?
10. Why doesn’t Ransom leave the fixed land with the Lady?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)