|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of creatures does the narrator call the eldila?
2. What creature is by the Lady as she listens to the Un-man at the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. What color is the phosphorescence that surrounds Ransom in the water in Chapter 13?
4. How tall are the eldila when they take human form?
(a) 3 feet.
(b) 30 feet.
(c) 40 feet.
(d) 6 feet.
5. What would it be for the Lady to ask the King before she makes a decision to obey or disobey according to the Un-man?
6. The second time the eldila try to create a shape, what do they appear as?
(b) Terrible storm.
7. What is Ransom’s name in his own tongue according to the eldila?
8. In Chapter 11, who does Ransom say is standing at the bridge?
(c) Alexander the Great.
9. How many minutes does Ransom stare at Weston when he sees him hurting a creature?
(a) 45 seconds.
(b) 30 seconds.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 2 minutes.
10. In the spot where Ransom recuperates from his subterranean journey, how far is the lawn of blue turf level before it drops to a steep slope?
(a) About 30 paces.
(b) About 15 paces.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 20 feet.
11. As the battle rages on between Ransom and the Un-man, to what creature does Ransom compare the Enemy?
12. In Chapter 14, how long is Ransom able to make fairly good going until he runs into another cliff?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
13. In Chapter 14, how high does Ransom count before he shifts his position once he believes the Un-man is dead?
14. What do the Lady and Weston make clothes from?
(a) Animal pelts.
(b) Flower petals.
15. In a dream Weston had about being dead, where was he lying?
(a) Nursing home.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Ransom fights the Un-man, from what does he shout a line?
2. Who does Weston say is doing beastly things with masks on in the middle of the night?
3. Where is Ransom when he feels a strong wind that blows sand in his face?
4. In Chapter 14, what color light does Ransom finally see?
5. When Ransom finds another shelf as he attempts to escape the cave, how tall is it?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)