|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the battle rages on between Ransom and the Un-man, to what creature does Ransom compare the Enemy?
2. What color are the tree trunks in Chapter 12?
3. In Weston’s story about someone who views a dead body, whose body is viewed?
(a) A grandfather's.
(b) A father's.
(c) A grandmother’s.
(d) A mother's.
4. In Chapter 14, what color light does Ransom finally see?
5. What color is the phosphorescence that surrounds Ransom in the water in Chapter 13?
6. What is the Un-man torturing when Ransom finds him in Chapter 12?
7. How many minutes does Ransom stare at Weston when he sees him hurting a creature?
(a) 30 seconds.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 45 seconds.
(d) 2 minutes.
8. How high is the shelf that Ransom finds in the cave where he and the Un-man end up?
(a) 3 feet.
(b) 5 feet.
(c) 4 feet.
(d) 2 feet.
9. What sound do the Lady, Weston, and Ransom hear when they take shelter from the rain in Chapter 10?
(a) Barking noise.
(b) Low growl.
(c) Patter of raindrops.
10. What color is the vegetation that Ransom walks through at the beginning of Chapter 9?
11. What absurd notion does Ransom consider about how Earth might have been saved from Eve’s disobedience?
(a) Adam killed the snake.
(b) Another animal ate the snake.
(c) The snake drowned in a puddle.
(d) Elephant trod on the snake.
12. What does the first voice sound like at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(d) Fog horn.
13. What creature does Ransom find injured in Chapter 9?
(c) Brightly colored frog.
14. How long does Ransom think he eats and sleeps after his subterranean journey?
(a) A day or two.
(b) A week.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) Three days.
15. In what language does the Un-man cry out in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. In a dream Weston had about being dead, where was he lying?
2. Where is Ransom when he feels a strong wind that blows sand in his face?
3. In Chapter 14, how long is Ransom able to make fairly good going until he runs into another cliff?
4. In Chapter 11, who does Ransom say is standing at the bridge?
5. To what does Ransom compare the truths he comes to see in Chapter 11?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)