|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would it be for the Lady to ask the King before she makes a decision to obey or disobey according to the Un-man?
2. In Chapter 11, who does Ransom say is standing at the bridge?
(d) Alexander the Great.
3. What is the theme of the stories that Un-man is telling the Lady at the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. What is Ransom’s name in his own tongue according to the eldila?
5. The second time the eldila try to create a shape, what do they appear as?
(a) Terrible storm.
6. As Ransom fights the Un-man, from what does he shout a line?
(a) Battle of Actium.
(b) The Battle of Kadesh.
(c) Battle of Bactria.
(d) The Battle of Maldon.
7. What does Ransom believe that one of the eldila holds in his hand?
(b) Something like a spear.
(d) Something like a staff.
8. Where did Ransom get wounded?
(a) In a car wreck.
(b) During the last war.
(c) In a train wreck.
(d) During a childhood accident.
9. What does Ransom eat while he rides the silver fish and pursues the Un-man?
10. What does the first voice sound like at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(b) Fog horn.
11. How far is Ransom to walk into the wood to sleep?
(a) 30 paces.
(b) 20 paces.
(c) 15 paces.
(d) 25 paces.
12. To what type of berries does Ransom compare the fruits he eats at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(c) Holly berries.
13. In Chapter 13, what does Weston say he has broken?
14. Which part of Weston’s body does Ransom press between his knees in Chapter 14?
15. What color is the phosphorescence that surrounds Ransom in the water in Chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 16, where have “they” set foot as they begin to climb?
2. Where does Ransom hit the Un-man when he sees that the Un-man is torturing a creature?
3. Where was Maleldil born a man?
4. What sound do the Lady, Weston, and Ransom hear when they take shelter from the rain in Chapter 10?
5. By Chapter 11, with who or what is Ransom contending?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)