|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 16, where have “they” set foot as they begin to climb?
2. When Ransom finds another shelf as he attempts to escape the cave, how tall is it?
(a) 6 feet.
(b) 5 feet.
(c) 4 feet.
(d) 2 feet.
3. Who does Weston say is doing beastly things with masks on in the middle of the night?
(a) People in Central America.
(b) People in Central Africa.
(c) People in Jamaica.
(d) People in Haiti.
4. Which part of Weston’s body does Ransom press between his knees in Chapter 14?
5. As Ransom fights the Un-man, from what does he shout a line?
(a) Battle of Actium.
(b) Battle of Bactria.
(c) The Battle of Maldon.
(d) The Battle of Kadesh.
6. Where is Ransom when he feels a strong wind that blows sand in his face?
(a) Dark tunnel.
(b) Large cave.
(c) Small tunnel.
(d) Small cavern.
7. In Chapter 14, how long is Ransom able to make fairly good going until he runs into another cliff?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
8. What does Ransom believe that one of the eldila holds in his hand?
(b) Something like a staff.
(d) Something like a spear.
9. What color is the vegetation that Ransom walks through at the beginning of Chapter 9?
10. How many lovers did Weston say some women had?
11. In what language does the Un-man cry out in Chapter 12?
12. What does Ransom picture in his mind as he makes his way through the darkness in Chapter 14?
(a) Meadow of flowers.
(b) Forest of Evergreens.
(c) Snow-capped mountains.
(d) April hillsides.
13. The second time the eldila try to create a shape, what do they appear as?
(a) Terrible storm.
14. Why does the Un-man tell the Lady she should disobey Maleldil?
(a) For duty.
(b) To please the king.
(c) To please Maleldil.
(d) For independence.
15. How far back does the Un-man stagger when Ransom hits him for torturing a creature?
(a) 12 paces.
(b) 3 feet.
(c) 6 paces.
(d) 2 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how does Ransom lose ground in the argument?
2. What does the first voice sound like at the beginning of Chapter 16?
3. What color are the tree trunks in Chapter 12?
4. What horror does Ransom feel at the end of Chapter 13?
5. How long does Ransom think he eats and sleeps after his subterranean journey?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)