|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ransom travel previously that he longs to see again?
2. In which world did Maleldil first take human form?
3. What color are the rock pillars that Ransom and the Lady climb?
4. During what Earth period might the language of Surnibur have developed?
5. What type of people did Ransom love on Malacandra?
(c) Smooth-skinned people.
6. What word does the narrator use to describe the emotion he is feeling as he walks toward Ransom’s cottage?
7. What time of day does the narrator head for Ransom’s cottage?
(a) 5 p.m.
(b) 10 a.m.
(c) 8 a.m.
(d) 6 p.m.
8. What color are the leaves on the trees where Weston sets up camp?
9. What color is the coffin-like object?
10. When Ransom and the Green Lady land in a bay, what color rocks are on the low cliffs and outcroppings?
11. What does the Green Lady do when she looks at Ransom?
12. What color flowers is the Lady plaiting?
13. What creatures are with Ransom when he wakes after his conversation with the Lady?
(a) Little cat-like creatures.
(b) Dragon and a wallaby-type creature.
(c) Birds and dog-like creature.
(d) Little pig-like creatures.
14. During the night that Ransom rides the silver fish, what color luminosity can he see in the sea?
15. In Chapter 5, how many islands are making a temporary continent?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Green Lady call the large silver fish?
2. In Chapter 2, what do the narrator and Ransom eat for supper?
3. What is the woman made of that Ransom sees in Chapter 4?
4. How long does Ransom ride one of the silver fish in Chapter 8 before night falls?
5. What is the coffin-like object for?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)