|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How close to the Lady’s island is the island that Ransom is on?
(a) 4 feets.
(b) 50 feet.
(c) 20 feet.
(d) 5 feet.
2. What is the coffin-like object for?
(a) For the eldila to travel in.
(b) For the eldila to sleep in.
(c) To protect Ransom.
(d) For Ransom to travel.
3. What sound breaks into Ransom’s dreams in Chapter 5?
(a) The sound of the sea.
(b) A bird.
(c) The dragon.
(d) The Green Lady singing.
4. What color flowers cover Ransom when he returns at the end of Chapter 2?
5. What size is the dragon Ransom sees in Chapter 4?
(a) Size of a St. Bernard dog.
(b) Size of a house.
(c) Size of a barn.
(d) Size of a horse.
6. What is Ransom doing when the Green Lady comments on his facial expression?
7. What color are the leaves on the trees where Weston sets up camp?
8. What type of language do Random and archon of Mars speak?
9. Where does Ransom find food on the Fixed Land?
(a) In a grove of trees.
(b) Upper slopes and wooded valleys.
(c) At the base of the cliffs.
(d) Near the beach.
10. What is the prevailing color of the atmosphere as Random approached the surface of Venus?
(a) Silvery or shiny.
(b) Golden or coppery.
11. What does Ransom give Weston after he has some sort of fit?
12. What color flowers is the Lady plaiting?
13. What become Ransom’s dominant sensations when he awakes at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Hunger and thirst.
(b) Stomach cramps.
(c) Diarrhea and nausea.
(d) Headache and backache.
14. Who was Ransom’s chief captor when he was kidnapped and taken to Mars?
15. How tall are the silver flowers in the field Ransom goes into as the creatures take him to their mistress?
(a) 2 feet.
(d) 5 inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator leave the railway station?
2. How many immense piers or rock rise upwards as Ransom and the Lady stop for a moment during their climb?
3. What color skirt of tubes and strings and bladders are a fringe of what appears to be vegetable matter?
4. What color are the tree trunks where Weston sets up camp?
5. During a Perelandran night, how far might someone be able to see?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)