|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Ransom travels on the silver fish, how many phosphorescent creatures seem to be within sight at one time?
2. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Weston have clenched between his teeth?
3. What color is the coffin-like object?
4. Near what type of trees does the narrator turn left?
5. What does Ransom do with Weston’s revolver?
(a) Take a stone and damages it.
(b) Throws it into the sea.
(c) Shoots it.
(d) Buries it.
6. What color darkness comes along with a marked drop in temperature when Random assumes a horizontal position as he approaches the surface of Venus?
7. What emotion does Random feel when it begins raining?
8. How many floating islands does Ransom count at the beginning of Chapter 8?
9. Where is Ransom going to be traveling?
10. In Chapter 2, what do the narrator and Ransom eat for supper?
(a) Sandwich, tea, and cookie.
(b) Toast and kippers.
(c) Cold meat, beer, and tea.
(d) Fish and chips.
11. How long does it take to carry Weston’s belongings to shore and set up camp?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) Quarter of an hour.
(c) Half of an hour.
(d) 40 minutes.
12. What does the Green Lady call Ransom?
(b) White one.
(c) Red one.
(d) Striped one.
13. During the night that Ransom rides the silver fish, what color luminosity can he see in the sea?
14. Where did Ransom have to go?
15. What is the woman made of that Ransom sees in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Weston when he began to pay attention to biology?
2. About how fast do the Green Lady and Ransom travel when riding the silver fish?
3. What sound breaks into Ransom’s dreams in Chapter 5?
4. When Ransom awakes at the beginning of Chapter 8, where does he think he is?
5. In the wood, what color fruit hang like toy balloons?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)