• The narrator has been summoned by his friend Dr. Ransom to come for a visit.
• The narrator takes the train to visit his friend.
• As the narrator walks to his friend’s home, he experiences a strong feeling or dread and fear, and he wishes to turn back.
• When the narrator arrives at Ransom’s house, it is dark and empty.
• A note on the door indicates that his friend had to leave suddenly and will be back late.
• Inside the house is a weird colored coffin-like box.
• The narrator continues to battle his fear as he struggles to light a match.
• He realizes that one of the eldila, a creature Dr. Ransom met on an interplanetary journey, is there.
• When Ransom arrives, he converses with the eldila in a strange language.
• The narrator is so thankful that Ransom has arrived, and he tells him that.
This section contains 2,369 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)