|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many prisoners does General Cajetes order executed?
2. What did Bobby tell his parents he was going to be?
3. How does Chayito die?
4. What does Rudolph H. Smith hate?
5. What did the wife of the owner of the superbrothel dress her dogs in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Where is the dead body of Loreto found? By whom? Who notifies the authorities of his death?
2) Who comes to take the dead body of Loreto away? What happens to to Nelson Ortiz during during the loading of Loreto's body into the truck?
3) Describe Loreto's house down by the river. What do the bichigetters find when they tear it apart?
Choose two of the topics to write on.
Essay Topic 2
1) Who was Choro? Describe him. Who did work for? What did he do to rebel against his employer?
2) Describe Little Jes's of Bethlehem, the Yaqui, and compare the events of his life with the events of Jesus in the Bible.
3) Who do you think is worse because of character and actions, Tony Baba or Mario de Cocuch? Why?
Choose two of the three to write on.
Essay Topic 3
1) Who is the dead man found at the bottom of a ravine. What is the story behind him?
2) Describe the scene from the book with Loreto and Frankie Perez. What are their thoughts and emotions?
3) Who is Mr. McCane? What does he do? How does he affect other characters in the book?
Choose two of the three topics to write on.
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)