|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frankie's father become like?
2. What is Frankie's mother's name?
3. How many prisoners does General Cajetes order executed?
4. How do the Foxyes avoid having more than one child?
5. What did the wife of the owner of the superbrothel dress her dogs in?
Essay Topic 1
1) Who is Panfilo? Why is he devastated? Go into some detail in your answer.
2) Describe the sarcastic description of "the valiant hawks". How did they influence Frankie Perez?
3) Who is Porfirio Diaz? What did he do?
Choose two of the three topics to write on.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Describe the character, "La Malquerida". Why was she given that name?
Part 2) Describe the character Tony Baba. What might make the reader dislike him?
Part 3) Describe the character, Chalito, his appearance, character and fate. Why is he such a tragic character?
Choose two of the three options to write on.
Essay Topic 3
1) Who was Choro? Describe him. Who did work for? What did he do to rebel against his employer?
2) Describe Little Jes's of Bethlehem, the Yaqui, and compare the events of his life with the events of Jesus in the Bible.
3) Who do you think is worse because of character and actions, Tony Baba or Mario de Cocuch? Why?
Choose two of the three to write on.
This section contains 1,338 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)