|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town where the Foxyes live?
2. How do the Foxyes avoid having more than one child?
3. What does Loreto dream?
4. How many children does Cuamea have?
5. What does someone take Chuco in jail that makes him very happy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Describe the character, Don Mario de Cocuch, his appearance, character and background. Do you like the character? Why or why not?
Part 2) Describe the character, Mrs. de Cocuch, her appearance, character and background. What is your opinion of the character?
Part 3) Describe the unusual fastidiousness of the de Cocuchs, their clothing, habits of personal hygiene, their bathroom and behavior there.
Choose two of the three options to write about.
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe the desert as it is portrayed in the book
2) Give five reasons why you like or dislike the writing style of Miguel Mendez.
3) What do Dona Reginalda and Carlos do to La Malquerida?
Choose two of these topics to write on.
Essay Topic 3
1) Who is the dead man found at the bottom of a ravine. What is the story behind him?
2) Describe the scene from the book with Loreto and Frankie Perez. What are their thoughts and emotions?
3) Who is Mr. McCane? What does he do? How does he affect other characters in the book?
Choose two of the three topics to write on.
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)