|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cuamea train his children?
2. Who does Chayo rape, stealing her virginity?
3. What is the east wall of Loreto's house made of?
4. What does Jes's do that shocked everyone?
5. What do the men find in Loreto's house that they fight over?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What does the newspaper article say about the murder of Mr. Mario Miller de Cocuch?
2) Describe what Loreto's city is like at night. Include descriptions of people, what they do and where.
3) What is the "Rose WIndmill"? Describe it and the people who frequent it.
Choose two of the topics to write on.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Describe Loreto including his appearance, what he does for a living, his character, etc.
Part 2) Describe Chalito including his appearance, character and fate.
Part 3) What is your opinion of the author's writing style? Give explanations and examples from the book.
Choose two of the three options to write on.
Essay Topic 3
1) Who is the dead man found at the bottom of a ravine. What is the story behind him?
2) Describe the scene from the book with Loreto and Frankie Perez. What are their thoughts and emotions?
3) Who is Mr. McCane? What does he do? How does he affect other characters in the book?
Choose two of the three topics to write on.
This section contains 1,382 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)