|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cuamea train his children?
2. About how old is Rudolph H. Smith when he appears in the book?
3. Who is Rosario Cuamea's assistant and inseparable buddy?
4. By how many years does Loreto survive Frankie?
5. What military rank does Rosario Cuamea attain during the Revolution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Describe Mrs. Loxye's dog. How does she treat him? What are some peculiar facts about how he is treated, his appearance etc.
2) Describe how Mr. and Mrs. Foxye raised their son , Bobby. How did this affect him?
3) How did the Foxyes make their money? Go into detail. Describe their life style.
Choose two of the three topics to write on.
Essay Topic 2
1) Who is Elpidio? What happens to him?
2) Whom did Cuamea marry after the war? Whom did his wife resemble? How many children did they have?
3) How does Cuamea raise his children? What is the name of the first child to die? How does he die?
Choose two of the topics to write on.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Describe the character, "La Malquerida". Why was she given that name?
Part 2) Describe the character Tony Baba. What might make the reader dislike him?
Part 3) Describe the character, Chalito, his appearance, character and fate. Why is he such a tragic character?
Choose two of the three options to write on.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)