|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the two men who meet at the end of the book worked at together?
2. What's on the make-believe window in Loreto's house?
3. What happens to Frankie Perez?
4. Who does Chayo rape, stealing her virginity?
5. What is the man with the Death Certificate called?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Describe one of the court cases in the book. Who is tried? For what? What is the sentence?
2) Describe the story of La Malquerida's life after she goes with Dona Reginalda and Carlos.
3) Who is Pedro? Why does he murder Mr. de Cocuch?
Choose two of the three topics to write on.
Essay Topic 2
1) What does the newspaper article say about the murder of Mr. Mario Miller de Cocuch?
2) Describe what Loreto's city is like at night. Include descriptions of people, what they do and where.
3) What is the "Rose WIndmill"? Describe it and the people who frequent it.
Choose two of the topics to write on.
Essay Topic 3
1) Describe the character, Kite. Why is he so popular with the children? What was his background?
2) Describe the character, Ruperta. What is her appearance? How does she survive?
3) Describe Chuco. What is is admired for? Who are his companions?
Choose two of the three to write on.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)