|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Loreto meet on their way to church in the beginning of the book?
2. What does the name, Ramagacha, mean?
3. What unusual physical feature did Papa's grandmother have?
4. Who is Moroyoqui?
5. Lorenzo is what kind of a man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are bichigetters?
2. Who is Elpidio?
3. What does one of the soldiers fighting Chayo complain about and what is the solution his captain offers?
4. How many years does Loreto survive Frankie and where do they find his dead body?
5. Why is La Malquerida so unhappy and bitter?
6. What does Dosa Candelita do to make money and what does she do to make people pity her?
7. Who is the old man they call "Coffeepot"?
8. Who does Judge Rudolph Smith sentence to a mental institution?
9. Who is Ramagacha?
10. What does Cuamea get out of the revolution.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Describe one of the court cases in the book. Who is tried? For what? What is the sentence?
2) Describe the story of La Malquerida's life after she goes with Dona Reginalda and Carlos.
3) Who is Pedro? Why does he murder Mr. de Cocuch?
Choose two of the three topics to write on.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Describe the character, Don Mario de Cocuch, his appearance, character and background. Do you like the character? Why or why not?
Part 2) Describe the character, Mrs. de Cocuch, her appearance, character and background. What is your opinion of the character?
Part 3) Describe the unusual fastidiousness of the de Cocuchs, their clothing, habits of personal hygiene, their bathroom and behavior there.
Choose two of the three options to write about.
Essay Topic 3
1) Who is Elpidio? What happens to him?
2) Whom did Cuamea marry after the war? Whom did his wife resemble? How many children did they have?
3) How does Cuamea raise his children? What is the name of the first child to die? How does he die?
Choose two of the topics to write on.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)