|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they do to Chalito to try to make him well?
2. How much money does Loreto finally make from foreign tourists?
3. How much money does Lencho get from his sons for Buzz Saw's birthday?
4. What does Lencho buy at the supermarket?
5. Where does the narrator run into Chuco ten years later?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Judge Rudolph Smith sentence to a mental institution?
2. What does Peluchi do for a living?
3. Why is Chuco sentenced to four years in jail and who sentences him?
4. Why hasn't Loreto had food for three days in the beginning of the book and what does he finally do?
5. What does one of the soldiers fighting Chayo complain about and what is the solution his captain offers?
6. Describe Chuco and what he does.
7. How many years does Loreto survive Frankie and where do they find his dead body?
8. How does the author handle the theme of wealth?
9. Describe General Cajetes.
10. Describe Rudolph H Smith.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Who was Choro? Describe him. Who did work for? What did he do to rebel against his employer?
2) Describe Little Jes's of Bethlehem, the Yaqui, and compare the events of his life with the events of Jesus in the Bible.
3) Who do you think is worse because of character and actions, Tony Baba or Mario de Cocuch? Why?
Choose two of the three to write on.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Describe the character, Don Mario de Cocuch, his appearance, character and background. Do you like the character? Why or why not?
Part 2) Describe the character, Mrs. de Cocuch, her appearance, character and background. What is your opinion of the character?
Part 3) Describe the unusual fastidiousness of the de Cocuchs, their clothing, habits of personal hygiene, their bathroom and behavior there.
Choose two of the three options to write about.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Describe the character, "La Malquerida". Why was she given that name?
Part 2) Describe the character Tony Baba. What might make the reader dislike him?
Part 3) Describe the character, Chalito, his appearance, character and fate. Why is he such a tragic character?
Choose two of the three options to write on.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)