|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of weather was Loreto hoping for in the beginning of the book?
2. What is Vate afraid of?
3. Who took Loreto's spot on the street?
4. What sign does Chuco imitate?
5. What does Loreto buy with the money he makes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Chalito and what is his sad fate?
2. Why hasn't Loreto had food for three days in the beginning of the book and what does he finally do?
3. A car passes the two exhausted, desperate men. Why doesn't it stop to give them a ride?
4. Who is Ruperta?
5. Describe Rudolph H Smith.
6. Describe Loreto and what he does to make money.
7. What happens to Chayo Cuamea's eldest son, Chayito, and whose godson is he?
8. Describe Chuco and what he does.
9. How many children does Cuamea have and how does he raise them?
10. Who is the Skinny Lady?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Who is "The Skinny Lady" and what is Cuamea's relationship with her?
2) Describe Mr. Foxye, his goals, personality, quirks, things he does in the book.
3) Describe Mrs. Foxye and her traits.
Choose two of the three topics to write on.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Describe Loreto including his appearance, what he does for a living, his character, etc.
Part 2) Describe Chalito including his appearance, character and fate.
Part 3) What is your opinion of the author's writing style? Give explanations and examples from the book.
Choose two of the three options to write on.
Essay Topic 3
1) Who is Elpidio? What happens to him?
2) Whom did Cuamea marry after the war? Whom did his wife resemble? How many children did they have?
3) How does Cuamea raise his children? What is the name of the first child to die? How does he die?
Choose two of the topics to write on.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)