|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a parida?
(a) A glass of soda pop.
(b) A desert snake.
(c) A beer and a glass of tequila.
(d) A kind of tortilla.
2. What does the name "Malguerida" mean?
(a) "The chosen one".
(c) "Pure virgin".
(d) "The unloved".
3. Who is Ruperta?
(a) The most beautiful girl in the city's brothel.
(b) The madwoman who digs in garbage cans for food.
(c) Loreto's ancient aunt.
(d) The woman Tony Baba loves.
4. What about his horse's anatomy bothers the soldier fighting against Chayo's Yaqui Indians?
(a) His tail.
(b) His backbone.
(c) His hooves.
(d) His mane.
5. What does the government do to Jes's because they're afraid of him?
(a) They nail him to a cross.
(b) They hang him.
(c) They tie him against a saguaro with huge thorns.
(d) They shoot him with a firing squad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do children pursue Kite?
2. Who took Loreto's spot on the street?
3. After he gives up washing cars, what does Loreto do for money?
4. What is Chalito's father's name?
5. Where does the narrator run into Chuco ten years later?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Cuamea's father and how does that affect Cuamea?
2. Why do the people on the street laugh at Loreto?
3. What happens to Chayo Cuamea's eldest son, Chayito, and whose godson is he?
4. What do the two men see that gives them hope?
5. What does Peluchi do for a living?
6. Who is Chalito and why is he a tragic character?
7. Describe Rudolph H. Smith's house.
8. Who is Lorenzo?
9. Who is the Skinny Lady?
10. How many of the revolution troops are captured and what happens to them?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)