|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator run into Chuco ten years later?
(a) in Aztlan, in downtown Los Angeles.
(b) in Nogales where he is selling tourist souvenirs.
(c) in Phoenix at a news .stand.
(d) in San Diego at a cafe.
2. Besides the theme of racism, what other theme is used in the book?
(a) People who pose as good Christians while exploiting others.
(b) Madness created by hunger, abuse and biogtry.
(c) Wealth as the tool of social injustice.
(d) The superiority of men over women.
3. How much money does Loreto finally make from foreign tourists?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) Two dollars.
(c) Three dollars.
(d) One dollar.
4. Where does Chuco finally go and what work is he seeking?
(a) Chuco goes to pick grapes in California.
(b) Chuco goes to Phoenix to work in construction.
(c) Chuco goes back to Mexico to sell lottery tickets.
(d) Chuco goes to Tucson to work as a cook.
5. Who talks seductively to Malquerida giving her temporary encouragement?
(a) Jose, a young soldier.
(b) Geraldo, a street singer.
(c) Valente, the Vaseline Man.
(d) Pedro, a traveling salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of the group of travelers die from?
2. What does Monon Lopez do?
3. What is a short description of Lorenzo?
4. What is a parida, the first drink Lencho buys at a bar?
5. What does Tony Baba's grandmother do when a strike is organized against her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Manuel's other name and what happens to him in the desert?
2. What does Peluchi do for a living?
3. Who is Dona Reginalda?
4. Who is Vate?
5. What is the work situation of the wetbacks working for Tony Baba's grandmother?
6. What does Cuamea get out of the revolution.
7. Who is Ramagacha?
8. Who does Judge Rudolph Smith sentence to a mental institution?
9. What is Chuco doing when the narrator meets him again ten years later.
10. Describe Chuco and what he does.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)