|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By how many years does Loreto survive Frankie?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two and a half years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four years.
2. What are the hinges of Loreto's front door made of ?
(a) Bent cans of salmon.
(b) Bent cans of tunafish.
(c) Bent sardine cans.
(d) Bent cans of Spam.
3. What does Jes's claim the eighth deadly sin is?
4. What are the physical dimensions of Loreto's house?
(a) Eight by eight by five feet tall.
(b) Eight by six by six feet tall.
(c) Eight by ten by six feet tall.
(d) Seven by eight by five feet tall.
5. What's on the make-believe window in Loreto's house?
(a) The portrait of a beautiful young woman.
(b) The portrait of a skinny elected official with little snake eyes.
(c) A photo of the ocean.
(d) The picture of a beautiful landscape from a magazine.
6. Who does Chayo rape, stealing her virginity?
(a) A young Chicano girl.
(b) The daughter of his friend.
(c) The mayor's daughter.
7. What kind of house do the Foxyes live in?
(a) A gorgeous mansion with gardens.
(b) An adobe house outside of the town.
(c) A townhouse in the center of town.
(d) A pre-fab, three-bedroom house among identical houses.
8. What happens to Frankie Perez?
(a) He dies as a U.S. soldier in Asia.
(b) He dies from fever after returning home.
(c) He is shot in the Mexican Revolution.
(d) He comes home from the war and goes to college.
9. At the end of what month does Loreto die?
(a) The end of July.
(b) The end of August.
(c) The end of June.
(d) The end of May.
10. Who is stabbed to death in the place by the river with the make-shift houses?
(a) An old cripple called "Coffee Pot".
(b) An old woman with a hump on her back.
(c) A thief called "One Tooth".
(d) A hippie called Bobby.
11. Who realizes that it's a dead person not a stray dog that smells so bad?
12. Who are Frankie's father's buddies?
(a) Chayo and Choni.
(b) Jose and Geraldo.
(c) Choni and Mingo.
(d) Pedro and Jorge.
13. How old is Jes's when people try to convince him that he's a miracle worker?
14. What do the men find in Loreto's house that they fight over?
(a) A military medal.
(b) A small chest in good condition.
(c) A bundle of letters addressed to a general.
(d) A wallet with cash in it.
15. How do the Foxyes avoid having more than one child?
(a) The Foxyes use strict birth control methods.
(b) Mrs. Foxye gets her tubes tied.
(c) The Foxyes stop having sex with each other.
(d) Mr. Foxye has a vasectomy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the old woman in the black shawl who visits Frankie's grieving parents ?
2. Frankie's father compares his people to what?
3. What does the doctor the Foxyes call to look at Bobby discover?
4. What was Kite's former profession?
5. What is the name of Frankie Perez' father?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)