|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jes's want to do when he leaves his hometown?
(a) He wants to get a job and earn money.
(b) He wants to change his name and marry.
(c) He wants to heal everyone he meets.
(d) He wants to become an American citizen.
2. What does Mrs. Foxye name the dog?
3. What was Kite's former profession?
(a) A barber.
(b) A farmer.
(c) An actor.
(d) A salesman.
4. What is the chief physical characteristic of Cuamea's wife?
(a) She has large black eyes.
(b) She is voluptuous.
(c) She has beautiful white teeth.
(d) She is extremely thin.
5. Loreto's peg leg falls on whom as he's put on the truck?
(a) Pedro Cortez.
(b) Nelson Ortiz.
(c) Jorge Merano.
(d) Juan Lopez.
6. What is the name of the wife of the owner of the superbrothel known as "The Little Pill"?
(a) Dona Luisa.
(b) Dona Elvira.
(c) Dona Maria.
(d) Dona Mariana.
7. What's on the make-believe window in Loreto's house?
(a) The portrait of a skinny elected official with little snake eyes.
(b) A photo of the ocean.
(c) The picture of a beautiful landscape from a magazine.
(d) The portrait of a beautiful young woman.
8. What do Kite's feet look like?
(a) Wounded and bleeding.
(b) Dirty with long toe nails.
(c) The feet of a turtle.
(d) Sculptured and beautiful.
9. How do the Foxyes avoid having more than one child?
(a) Mrs. Foxye gets her tubes tied.
(b) The Foxyes use strict birth control methods.
(c) Mr. Foxye has a vasectomy.
(d) The Foxyes stop having sex with each other.
10. What do the garbage men wear for masks?
(a) Dirty handkerchiefs dipped in mezcal.
(b) dish towels.
(c) Dirty table napkins sprayed with Lysol.
(d) Neck scarves.
11. What does Frankie's father tell him losing his native tongue is like?
(a) It's like losing your soul.
(b) It's like losing something that's holding you back.
(c) It's like losing your identity.
(d) It's like losing nothing at all.
12. About how old is Rudolph H. Smith when he appears in the book?
(a) About seventy.
(b) About sixty,.
(c) About fifty-five.
(d) About fifty.
13. When Bobby runs off, how do his parents find him?
(a) By contacting his friends.
(b) With the help of a private detective.
(c) By putting an ad in the paper.
(d) By waiting to get a letter from him asking for money.
14. How old was Bobby when his parents became millionaires?
15. What kind of house do the Foxyes live in?
(a) A pre-fab, three-bedroom house among identical houses.
(b) A townhouse in the center of town.
(c) A gorgeous mansion with gardens.
(d) An adobe house outside of the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the north wall of Loreto's house almost exclusively made out of?
2. What does someone take Chuco in jail that makes him very happy?
3. What crime does Chuco commit?
4. How is Bobby dressed when he returns home after being away for years?
5. How many prisoners does General Cajetes order executed?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)