|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Dona Candelita the flower seller?
2. What does the Foxye family dog wear that was unusual?
(a) A wreath of flowers around its neck.
(b) A richly bejeweled wristwatch on one of its paws.
(c) A diamond-studded collar.
(d) A cashmere sweater.
3. How old is Jes's when he leaves his hometown?
4. Who is Rosario Cuamea's assistant and inseparable buddy?
5. How do the Foxyes become wealthy?
(a) From farming.
(b) From real estate.
(c) From inheritance.
(d) From banking.
6. How does Cuamea train his children?
(a) To be religious.
(b) Like guerilla fighters.
(c) Like scholars.
(d) To make money.
7. What does Frankie's father tell him losing his native tongue is like?
(a) It's like losing your soul.
(b) It's like losing something that's holding you back.
(c) It's like losing nothing at all.
(d) It's like losing your identity.
8. How is Bobby dressed when he returns home after being away for years?
(a) In clean blue jeans and a plaid shirt.
(b) In overalls with a flannel shirt.
(c) In a blue suit with a tie.
(d) In dirty, colorfully patched hippie clothes.
9. Who is "The Skinny Lady" who Cuamea is constantly referring to?
(a) The Desert.
10. What is the name of the wife of the owner of the superbrothel known as "The Little Pill"?
(a) Dona Mariana.
(b) Dona Maria.
(c) Dona Luisa.
(d) Dona Elvira.
11. How many prisoners does General Cajetes order executed?
12. How is Chayo Cuamea discharged?
(a) As a hero with local fame.
(c) With honors.
(d) Without honor or money, only memories.
13. Who are Frankie's father's buddies?
(a) Pedro and Jorge.
(b) Jose and Geraldo.
(c) Choni and Mingo.
(d) Chayo and Choni.
14. What does Mrs. Foxye name the dog?
15. What happens to Frankie Perez?
(a) He dies from fever after returning home.
(b) He is shot in the Mexican Revolution.
(c) He comes home from the war and goes to college.
(d) He dies as a U.S. soldier in Asia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frankie's father become like?
2. Jes's is pointed out to the police for how much money?
3. What is the name of Rudolph H. Smith's wife?
4. Who is Loreto's godson?
5. What is Loreto's house constructed of?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)