|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took Loreto's spot on the street?
(a) A prostitute
(b) A rival car washer
(c) Several little kids.
(d) An old beggar woman
2. What is Vate afraid of?
(a) Dying of thirst.
(c) Being abandoned by his friend.
3. At what time does Chalito utter his last word?
(a) At four o'clock in the morning after the party.
(b) At three on the dot the morning after the party.
(c) At five on the dot the morning after the party.
(d) At 2 on the dot the morning after the party.
4. What do the soldiers want to do to Chayo Cuamea?
(a) They want to put him in front of a firing squad.
(b) They want to kill him in battle.
(c) They want to put him in jail.
(d) They want to hang him.
5. How does Tony Baba's grandmother show herself as truly villainous?
(a) She turns a cold shoulder to a poor pregnant relative.
(b) She verbally abuses her workers.
(c) She has her workers deported to avoid paying them.
(d) She curses God.
6. What military rank did Chayo Cuamea have?
7. After he gives up washing cars, what does Loreto do for money?
(a) He guards cars at night while their owners visit brothels.
(b) He rents temporarily to people who need a temporary home,
(c) He picks cotton in Texas.
(d) He teaches Spanish to gringo tourists.
8. What was Tony Baba's wife like?
(a) She was a homebody who loved cleaning her house.
(b) She was an intellectual.
(c) She was warm and friendly to everyone.
(d) She was frigid and adored her cat.
9. How did Loreto walk?
(a) He walked with quick, short steps.
(b) He walked very straight with good posture.
(c) He walked with difficulty and aching legs.
(d) He almost skipped along.
10. What does Jes's of Bethlehem do?
(a) He sings religious songs.
(b) He begs for money very convincingly.
(c) He heals people and doesn't charge money.
(d) He becomes a priest.
11. How does an old woman named Candelita finally sell her lottery tickets?
(a) By telling fortunes along with selling the tickets.
(b) By putting a ball under her dress as if she were a hunchback.
(c) By selling home-made cookies with them.
(d) By crying and telling her life story.
12. What sign does Chuco imitate?
(a) A sign showing a Mexican dancing on his sombrero.
(b) A sign showing a Mexican crossing the desert.
(c) A sign showing a sleeping Mexican, seemingly a lazy bum.
(d) A sign showing a man drinking tequila.
13. What does one of the group of travelers die from?
(b) A heart attack.
(d) The measles.
14. Who carries herself with the elegance of a ballerina?
(a) Loreto's first love.
(b) Tony Baba's wife.
(d) Chuco's wife.
15. What two hobbies did Tony Baba's wife have?
(a) Reading and playing the piano.
(b) Knitting and sewing.
(c) Talking on the phone and collecting money.
(d) Cooking and baking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main destination of the group of travelers?
2. Describe Chalito's coffin.
3. Who is Ruperta?
4. Describe Loreto's pants and what happens to him because of them?
5. After a brawl what does Lencho use to wrap what he bought at the supermarket which had been scattered around the bar?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)