|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promises does the one man tempt the other with to keep him walking?
(a) Shoes and clothes for his family and maybe schooling.
(b) A cold shower and a good night's sleep.
(c) A meal with scrumptious food.
(d) A woman to sleep with , perhaps a beautiful prostitute.
2. What is a parida, the first drink Lencho buys at a bar?
(a) A glass of whiskey.
(b) A beer and a glass of tequila.
(c) A glass of vodka.
(d) A glass of the local wine.
3. What was the distinguishing factor about the Babas' bathroom?
(a) It had a view of the mountains from the window.
(b) It was lined with mirrors.
(c) It had a large, sunken tub.
(d) It was huge.
4. What gives Loreto a guilt complex?
(a) Not helping the poor, starving Yaqui Indians more.
(b) Never having married or having children.
(c) Not having written a book about he plight of the Yaquis. 'hidden' name=
(d) Chasing off the children and Chalito's death.
5. Who carries herself with the elegance of a ballerina?
(a) Tony Baba's wife.
(c) Chuco's wife.
(d) Loreto's first love.
6. What was the wealthy man's former occupation?
(a) He was a barber.
(b) He was a soldier.
(c) He was a cotton-picker.
(d) He was a lawyer.
7. Who organizes a strike against Tony Baba's grandmother?
8. Where does Chuco finally go and what work is he seeking?
(a) Chuco goes to pick grapes in California.
(b) Chuco goes to Phoenix to work in construction.
(c) Chuco goes back to Mexico to sell lottery tickets.
(d) Chuco goes to Tucson to work as a cook.
9. After he gives up washing cars, what does Loreto do for money?
(a) He rents temporarily to people who need a temporary home,
(b) He guards cars at night while their owners visit brothels.
(c) He picks cotton in Texas.
(d) He teaches Spanish to gringo tourists.
10. Why is Ramagacha going to the U.S.?
(a) He's going to try to earn money and buy land in the U.S.
(b) He's going to earn money for his two grandchildren.
(c) He's running away from the law.
(d) He's going to find a wife in the U.S.
11. What was the air like in the first scene of the book?
(a) Perfumed by the flower stands in the street.
(b) Clear and bright.
(c) Dirty, hazy and smoky.
(d) Filled with flying insects.
12. PILGRIMS IN AZTLAN takes during which decade of the 20th century?
(a) The 60s.
(b) The 80s.
(c) The 70s.
(d) The 50s.
13. What does Monon Lopez do?
(a) He makes comments to pretty women and insults ugly ones.
(b) He sells flowers.
(c) He sells lottery tickets.
(d) He's a panhandler.
14. What is Chalito's father's name?
(a) Poncho Gonzales.
(b) Lencho Garcia y dell Valle.
(c) Geraldo Riveras.
(d) Pedro Perez.
15. How often did Mr. and Mrs. Baba bathe?
(a) Once in the morning.
(b) Four times a day.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Once in the evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Buzz Saw?
2. Don de Cocuch spent a lot of time around what animals?
3. Whay did they call Lencho's little son Buzz Saw?
4. Who took Loreto's spot on the street?
5. What is Vate afraid of?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)