|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of character did Tony Baba's grandmother's have?
(a) She was a fierce revolutionary.
(b) She was reprehensible and exploited and underpaid her workers.
(c) She was like a loving mother to him.
(d) She was a sweet old-fashioned grandmother.
2. What does Tony Baba's grandmother do when a strike is organized against her?
(a) She closes her business permanently.
(b) She decides to go out to dinner to chill out.
(c) She fires her workers.
(d) She holds up the workers' salaries.
3. How do the poor women and children make money?
(b) Selling souvenir trinkets.
(c) Selling lottery tickets.
(d) Selling local fruit.
4. At what time does Chalito utter his last word?
(a) At four o'clock in the morning after the party.
(b) At three on the dot the morning after the party.
(c) At five on the dot the morning after the party.
(d) At 2 on the dot the morning after the party.
5. What do they do to Chalito to try to make him well?
(a) They take him to the doctor.
(b) They sprinkle holy water on him.
(c) They give him cinnamon tea and aspirin and rub his chest with vicks.
(d) They feed him home-made chicken soup.
6. Who is Chuco?
(a) A chicano youth who gets caught up in the revolultion.
(b) A champion cotton-picker who gets in a fight in a brothel.
(c) The owner of a modest restaurant.
(d) Loreto's long, lost brother.
7. Who is Tony Baba?
(a) A beneficient monk.
(b) A wealthy gringo who haunts the nightclubs.
(c) A childhood friend of Loreto's.
(d) A close chicano friend of Mimi's
8. Which worker does Tony Baba's grandmother intensely dislike and why?
9. How old was Buzz Saw?
10. What does Lencho promise his dead son in delirium the afternoon he's buried?
(a) That he would buy him a bicycle.
(b) That he would buy him a pony.
(c) That he would get him a puppy.
(d) That he would take him to Disneyland.
11. Don de Cocuch spent a lot of time around what animals?
12. What is a parida?
(a) A kind of tortilla.
(b) A beer and a glass of tequila.
(c) A glass of soda pop.
(d) A desert snake.
13. What does the government do to Jes's because they're afraid of him?
(a) They nail him to a cross.
(b) They shoot him with a firing squad.
(c) They tie him against a saguaro with huge thorns.
(d) They hang him.
14. What do the soldiers want to do to Chayo Cuamea?
(a) They want to put him in front of a firing squad.
(b) They want to hang him.
(c) They want to put him in jail.
(d) They want to kill him in battle.
15. What gives Loreto a guilt complex?
(a) Chasing off the children and Chalito's death.
(b) Not having written a book about he plight of the Yaquis. 'hidden' name=
(c) Never having married or having children.
(d) Not helping the poor, starving Yaqui Indians more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lencho's wife want him to do with the money his sons had given him for Buzz Saw's birthday?
2. How many children does Lencho have?
3. Who is Kite?
4. How much money does Loreto finally make from foreign tourists?
5. What kind of weather was Loreto hoping for in the beginning of the book?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)