|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 pp. 42 - 85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the two men walking across the desert wants to give up but the other persuades him to continue by telling him what?
(a) That his father is dying and his wife and children are starving.
(b) That it's too late to turn back.
(c) That's it's cowardly to give up.
(d) That he won't be able to make the journey alone.
2. What are two characteristics of Don de Cocuch?
(a) He's fat and lazy.
(b) He's coarse and crude.
(c) He's old and weak.
(d) He's kind and jolly.
3. What tongues does Jes's of Bethlehem seem to speak?
(a) Nahuatl, Mayan,Yaqui and perfect Spanish.
(b) Hopi Indian, Aztec and Portugese and Spanish
(c) Spanish, Yaqui, Persian and French.
(d) Yaqui, Spanish and French.
4. Whay did they call Lencho's little son Buzz Saw?
(a) Because he bites everyone.
(b) Because he's so active.
(c) Because he makes a buzzing sound all the time.
(d) Because of his pointy, spaced teeth.
5. What is Bethlehem, one of eight Yaqui towns, also called?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the main character traits of Loreto?
2. What does Lencho promise his dead son in delirium the afternoon he's buried?
3. What is a parida?
4. What do they do to Chalito to try to make him well?
5. Who is Kite?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)