|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 pp. 42 - 85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of the travelers, Pedrito Sotolin, do?
(a) He tries to start a fight with the others.
(b) He curses the day he was born.
(c) He prays.
(d) He sits down and writes a long letter to his family.
2. What does the name, Ramagacha, mean?
(a) Crooked Road.
(b) Bent Branch.
(c) Howling dog.
(d) Full moon.
3. What is a short description of Lorenzo?
(a) An old, ragged Yaqui Indian with no family.
(b) A Yaqui Indian soldier eager to fight.
(c) A poet at heart who falls in love with the desert and moon.
(d) A young man seeking wealth and adventure across the border.
4. How does Tony Baba's grandmother show herself as truly villainous?
(a) She turns a cold shoulder to a poor pregnant relative.
(b) She verbally abuses her workers.
(c) She has her workers deported to avoid paying them.
(d) She curses God.
5. What does Lencho's wife want him to do with the money his sons had given him for Buzz Saw's birthday?
(a) Buy notebooks and pencils for when school starts.
(b) Buy some toys for Buzz Saw.
(c) Put the money in a savings account for Buzz Saw.
(d) Buy Buzz Saw a new Sunday outfit for church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator run into Chuco ten years later?
2. What does Lencho buy at the supermarket?
3. Describe Chalito's coffin.
4. Describe Loreto's pants and what happens to him because of them?
5. After he gives up washing cars, what does Loreto do for money?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)