|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 pp. 1 - 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do children pursue Kite?
(a) He ties many tails to his clothes which fly in the wind.
(b) He gives coins to the children.
(c) He can be persuaded to tell stories to the children.
(d) He often gives them candy.
2. Who are the two competitors of Chuco, the champion cotton-picker?
(a) Kite and Pedro.
(b) Loreto and Maria.
(c) Geraldo and Juan.
(d) Pelele and a black man.
3. What kind of weather was Loreto hoping for in the beginning of the book?
(a) A rain storm with lightning and thunder.
(b) A cloudy day.
(c) A sunny, warm day.
(d) A cool, breezy day.
4. What tragic thing happens to Chalito, the skinniest of the boys, who washed cars on Loreto's street?
(a) He makes more money than the rest of the boys.
(b) He later becomes a priest.
(c) He gets a cough from being soaked and dies.
(d) He becomes a painter and poet.
5. What did the married couple Loreto met on their way to church do all day long?
(a) They played checkers.
(b) They sat on their patio drinking margaritas.
(c) They preened their appearance.
(d) They took siestas all day long.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which worker does Tony Baba's grandmother intensely dislike and why?
2. Who organizes a strike against Tony Baba's grandmother?
3. What does Tony Baba's grandmother do when a strike is organized against her?
4. What two hobbies did Tony Baba's wife have?
5. Where does Chuco finally go and what work is he seeking?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)