|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 pp. 1 - 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Loreto meet on their way to church in the beginning of the book?
(a) A well-dressed, wealthy couple.
(b) A poor chicano couple
(c) Two American tourists.
(d) A large Mexican family.
2. Who is Tony Baba?
(a) A wealthy gringo who haunts the nightclubs.
(b) A close chicano friend of Mimi's
(c) A childhood friend of Loreto's.
(d) A beneficient monk.
3. Which worker does Tony Baba's grandmother intensely dislike and why?
4. After he gives up washing cars, what does Loreto do for money?
(a) He rents temporarily to people who need a temporary home,
(b) He teaches Spanish to gringo tourists.
(c) He guards cars at night while their owners visit brothels.
(d) He picks cotton in Texas.
5. What sign does Chuco imitate?
(a) A sign showing a man drinking tequila.
(b) A sign showing a Mexican crossing the desert.
(c) A sign showing a sleeping Mexican, seemingly a lazy bum.
(d) A sign showing a Mexican dancing on his sombrero.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides the theme of racism, what other theme is used in the book?
2. Where does Chuco finally go and what work is he seeking?
3. What kind of weather was Loreto hoping for in the beginning of the book?
4. Where does the narrator go and what work is he seeking?
5. What did the married couple Loreto met on their way to church do all day long?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)