|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 pp. 1 - 42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony Baba's grandmother do when a strike is organized against her?
(a) She holds up the workers' salaries.
(b) She decides to go out to dinner to chill out.
(c) She fires her workers.
(d) She closes her business permanently.
2. Who does Loreto meet on their way to church in the beginning of the book?
(a) A large Mexican family.
(b) A poor chicano couple
(c) Two American tourists.
(d) A well-dressed, wealthy couple.
3. After he gives up washing cars, what does Loreto do for money?
(a) He picks cotton in Texas.
(b) He guards cars at night while their owners visit brothels.
(c) He rents temporarily to people who need a temporary home,
(d) He teaches Spanish to gringo tourists.
4. What is one of the main character traits of Loreto?
5. Where does the narrator go and what work is he seeking?
(a) He goes to Phoenix to work in construction.
(b) He goes to Tucson to become a waiter in a Mexican restaurant.
(c) He goes back to Mexico to work on a farm.
(d) He goes to California to become a panhandler.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Loreto earn money?
2. What does Tony Baba's mother pay to the writers?
3. Where does the narrator run into Chuco ten years later?
4. Who is Kite?
5. What was the distinguishing factor about the Babas' bathroom?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)