|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chalito's father's name?
(a) Poncho Gonzales.
(b) Geraldo Riveras.
(c) Pedro Perez.
(d) Lencho Garcia y dell Valle.
2. What does Jes's do that shocked everyone?
(a) He becomes a gambler in the casino.
(b) He swindles money from the people.
(c) He has sex with the mayor's wife and three daughters.
(d) He lies and cheats.
3. After he gives up washing cars, what does Loreto do for money?
(a) He guards cars at night while their owners visit brothels.
(b) He picks cotton in Texas.
(c) He rents temporarily to people who need a temporary home,
(d) He teaches Spanish to gringo tourists.
4. What was the air like in the first scene of the book?
(a) Perfumed by the flower stands in the street.
(b) Clear and bright.
(c) Filled with flying insects.
(d) Dirty, hazy and smoky.
5. What was Kite's former profession?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A salesman.
(c) A barber.
(d) An actor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who talks seductively to Malquerida giving her temporary encouragement?
2. How do the Foxyes become wealthy?
3. Who is "The Skinny Lady" who Cuamea is constantly referring to?
4. What does Rudolph H. Smith hate?
5. What do the men find in Loreto's house that they fight over?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)