|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 pp. 42 - 85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a short description of Lorenzo?
(a) A poet at heart who falls in love with the desert and moon.
(b) An old, ragged Yaqui Indian with no family.
(c) A Yaqui Indian soldier eager to fight.
(d) A young man seeking wealth and adventure across the border.
2. Who did Tony Baba say he looked like when he viewed himself naked in the mirror?
(a) Like Napoleon, but stronger and taller.
(b) Like a Greek statue.
(c) Like a weight-lifter.
(d) Like a movie star.
3. Who organizes a strike against Tony Baba's grandmother?
4. One of the two men walking across the desert wants to give up but the other persuades him to continue by telling him what?
(a) That's it's cowardly to give up.
(b) That his father is dying and his wife and children are starving.
(c) That it's too late to turn back.
(d) That he won't be able to make the journey alone.
5. Describe Loreto's pants and what happens to him because of them?
(a) Stiff with dirt, an ant crawls in, making Loreto dance.
(b) They're ragged and cause pity among the tourists.
(c) Tight like a bullfighter's pants, causing women to stare.
(d) Very Mexican and colorful, theyre a draw for tourists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a parida, the first drink Lencho buys at a bar?
2. What was the wealthy man's former occupation?
3. What is a parida?
4. What do an officer and a soldier complain about regarding Chayon and his Yaqui Indians?
5. What does Lencho's wife want him to do with the money his sons had given him for Buzz Saw's birthday?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)