|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 pp. 42 - 85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who organizes a strike against Tony Baba's grandmother?
2. Where does Chuco finally go and what work is he seeking?
(a) Chuco goes back to Mexico to sell lottery tickets.
(b) Chuco goes to Phoenix to work in construction.
(c) Chuco goes to pick grapes in California.
(d) Chuco goes to Tucson to work as a cook.
3. What is Bethlehem, one of eight Yaqui towns, also called?
4. What does the name, Ramagacha, mean?
(a) Bent Branch.
(b) Full moon.
(c) Howling dog.
(d) Crooked Road.
5. Describe Loreto's pants and what happens to him because of them?
(a) Stiff with dirt, an ant crawls in, making Loreto dance.
(b) They're ragged and cause pity among the tourists.
(c) Very Mexican and colorful, theyre a draw for tourists.
(d) Tight like a bullfighter's pants, causing women to stare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do an officer and a soldier complain about regarding Chayon and his Yaqui Indians?
2. How many children does Lencho have?
3. The reader is told the sad story of how a young woman is lured into prostitution by whom?
4. What promises does the one man tempt the other with to keep him walking?
5. What is Chalito's father's name?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)