* Loreto, an old Yaqui Indian, washes cars for money but suffers hunger and aching limbs.
* He runs into a wealthy couple on their way to church. The man made is money from corrupt politics and pimping his wife.
* The wife is a former prostitute.
* The couple feigns being good Christians but Loreto is proud and declines their charity.
* Another day Loreto runs into Malguerida, whose name means the unloved. She is pretty but bitter and friendless because she was a whore.
* For three days Loreto has no food because young boys take over his spot on the street .
* He decided to wash Tony Baba's car without asking and gets 25 cents.
* Tony Baba is a gringo with a string of restaurants he inherited from his grandmother who hired illegal immigrants for low pay.
* Tony Baba is married to a frigid woman who loves money and her...
This section contains 2,113 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)