Part 1 pp. 1 - 42
• Loreto, an old Yaqui Indian, washes cars for money but suffers hunger and aching limbs.
• He runs into a wealthy couple on their way to church. The man made is money from corrupt politics and pimping his wife.
• The wife is a former prostitute.
• The couple feigns being good Christians but Loreto is proud and declines their charity.
• Another day Loreto runs into Malguerida, whose name means the unloved. She is pretty but bitter and friendless because she was a whore.
• For three days Loreto has no food because young boys take over his spot on the street .
• He decided to wash Tony Baba's car without asking and gets 25 cents.
• Tony Baba is a gringo with a string of restaurants he inherited from his grandmother who hired illegal immigrants for low pay.
• Tony Baba is married to a frigid woman who loves money and her...
This section contains 2,294 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)