|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following are slake moths most attracted to?
2. What direction do the travelers head at the end of the novel?
3. Which member of Isaac's crew does the mother slake moth manage to kill before she dies?
4. What is the first clue Isaac spots to confirm his suspicions that the slake moths live in the Glasshouse?
5. Which of the following characters does NOT go to the Glasshouse with Isaac?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the members of MontJohn Rescue dress?
2. What is most shocking to Isaac about the humans that run the Construct Compound?
3. Where do Isaac and Lin head at the end of the novel?
4. How is the final slake moth killed?
5. Where does Isaac awaken after being kidnapped by the Weaver?
6. What does Derkhan purchase from the local hospital?
7. Why does Isaac visit Canker River?
8. What unexpected visitor stops at Isaac's house following the final slake moth attack?
9. How do the Cactacae police react when they see Isaac running through their streets?
10. What request does the unexpected guest make of Isaac?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many interesting characters in the novel, but perhaps none more interesting than Yagharek. First, describe Yagharek's physicality and explain how he came to look like this. Then, describe the relationship between Yagharek and Isaac - both professionally and personally. Do you think Yagharek deserved to be abandoned by Isaac at the end of the novel? Why or why not? Be sure to include examples from the text to help strengthen your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Dreamshit is a very important drug to many people in the novel, including Mr. Motley. First, describe what dreamshit is, how it is collected, and what its effect is on the human mind. Then, describe Mr. Motley's relationship with dreamshit and explain how this relationship affects his views of Isaac. Do you think Mr. Motley arranged his artistic meetings with Lin simply to get close to Isaac and the dreamshit? Why or why not? Be sure to include examples from the text to help strengthen your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, Isaac learns that he cannot trust many of the friends he once held dear to him. Choose two of Isaac's friends or colleagues that he thought he could trust, but turned out to be unable to. What changed in these relationships to destroy the trust between old friends? Given the circumstances, do you think Isaac overreacted to his friends' loss of trust? Why or why not? Be sure to include examples from the text to help strengthen your arguments.
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)