|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the slake moth's final victim?
2. What does Yagharek throw on the slake moth's back, saving its final victim's life?
3. How are the slake moth eggs, and their mother, killed?
4. What part of town is the Glasshouse located in?
5. How does Isaac manage to thread the electric wires throughout the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Weaver doing in the Glasshouse?
2. Where does Isaac awaken after being kidnapped by the Weaver?
3. How do the three slake moths die in the city center?
4. Why doesn't Lemuel want to continue Isaac's search for Lin?
5. What happens at 11:00 p.m. at the Glasshouse?
6. How do the members of MontJohn Rescue dress?
7. How does the crew manage to weave the dream cable throughout the entire city?
8. What does Isaac find when he searches Lin's apartment to warn her about the impeding militia?
9. How does Isaac react to the request of his unexpected visitor?
10. What does Derkhan purchase from the local hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Vodyanoi are famous in New Crobuzan for making a particular type of artwork. First, describe the type of artwork made by the Vodyanoi, and then explain why only the Vadyanoi are physically equipped to make this type of artwork. Then, describe the piece of artwork that Isaac buys from the Vodyanoi at the opening of the novel. How does this piece of artwork affect his scientific journey for the rest of the novel? Be sure to include examples from the text to help strengthen your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
In the middle of the novel, the reader learns that Dr. Barbile and Benjamin Flex were working together on a project involving the slake moths for the government. First, describe the details given in the novel regarding this undercover project. Then, while using the consequential actions from the novel, explain what you think the real purpose of Dr. Barbile's experiment was. How did this experiment lead to Benjamin Flex's death? Be sure to include examples from the text to help strengthen your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
At first glance, the slake moths seem unstoppably powerful. First, describe the physicality and hunting style of the slake moths. Then, choose two deaths at the hands of the slake moths and describe them in detail. In your opinion, are slake moths more menacing than any other animal in the wild kingdom? Why or why not? Should the slake moths be villainized, or called "evil", because they are following their instincts? Be sure to include examples from the text to help strengthen your arguments.
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)