|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ged do for a living?
2. What color are the slake moth's claws?
3. What street does Isaac live on?
4. To whom does the parliament clerk send the box of grubs?
5. Where is Lumlamai when he is attacked by the slake moth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Isaac find when he searches Lin's apartment to warn her about the impeding militia?
2. Who does Isaac blame for the escape of his slake moth?
3. What is most shocking to Isaac about the humans that run the Construct Compound?
4. Why does Isaac visit Canker River?
5. Why does Isaac suddenly set all his winged laboratory creatures free?
6. Why does David find himself in Room 17 of Spit Hearth?
7. Where does Isaac awaken after being kidnapped by the Weaver?
8. What plan to kill the slake moths does Isaac concoct with the help of the Constructs?
9. What does Derkhan Blueday find out about Benjamin Flex through the help of an outside source?
10. What does Derkhan purchase from the local hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many interesting characters in the novel, but perhaps none more interesting than Yagharek. First, describe Yagharek's physicality and explain how he came to look like this. Then, describe the relationship between Yagharek and Isaac - both professionally and personally. Do you think Yagharek deserved to be abandoned by Isaac at the end of the novel? Why or why not? Be sure to include examples from the text to help strengthen your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, Isaac's relationship with Lin is tested, particularly as the two begin to spend more and more time apart. First, describe the struggles Isaac and Lin faced in their relationship throughout the story. Then, describe the state of the couple's relationship at the end of the novel. What do you think life will be like for them in the future? Was it worth the struggle of the fight for the final romantic result? Why or why not? Be sure to include examples from the text to help strengthen your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
At first glance, the slake moths seem unstoppably powerful. First, describe the physicality and hunting style of the slake moths. Then, choose two deaths at the hands of the slake moths and describe them in detail. In your opinion, are slake moths more menacing than any other animal in the wild kingdom? Why or why not? Should the slake moths be villainized, or called "evil", because they are following their instincts? Be sure to include examples from the text to help strengthen your arguments.
This section contains 2,540 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)