Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bar Isaac frequents?
2. Who is NOT part of the posse that attempts to speak with Dr. Barbile about the slake moths?
3. Who sells colorberries?
4. What does Rudgutter give to Weaver as a bribe?
5. On what city holiday does Vermishank die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Isaac awaken after being kidnapped by the Weaver?
2. What is a Cactacae?
3. How does Isaac treat Lin after the final slake moth attack?
4. What unexpected visitor stops at Isaac's house following the final slake moth attack?
5. How do the Cactacae feel about the slake moths hiding out in their buildings?
6. What does Lin tell Isaac she must purchase for her in the morning of the novel's first chapter?
7. What are the details of Dr. Barbile's death?
8. How does Isaac feel about seeing the garuda at the circus?
9. How do the Cactacae police react when they see Isaac running through their streets?
10. What is a mafadet and where does Isaac encounter one?
The events inside the Glasshouse are some of the most action-packed and riveting scenes in the entire novel. First, describe the Glasshouse, its occupants, and the social structure of the mini-city. Then, describe how this social structure is disrupted by the introduction of Isaac and his crew. How did this introduction lead to the death of many of Isaac's friends and many of the slake moths? Be sure to include examples from the text to help strengthen your arguments.
The Vodyanoi are famous in New Crobuzan for making a particular type of artwork. First, describe the type of artwork made by the Vodyanoi, and then explain why only the Vadyanoi are physically equipped to make this type of artwork. Then, describe the piece of artwork that Isaac buys from the Vodyanoi at the opening of the novel. How does this piece of artwork affect his scientific journey for the rest of the novel? Be sure to include examples from the text to help strengthen your arguments.
There are many interesting characters in the novel, but perhaps none more interesting than Yagharek. First, describe Yagharek's physicality and explain how he came to look like this. Then, describe the relationship between Yagharek and Isaac - both professionally and personally. Do you think Yagharek deserved to be abandoned by Isaac at the end of the novel? Why or why not? Be sure to include examples from the text to help strengthen your arguments.
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)