|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Remude human who sweeps into the city center during the final battle?
(a) Mac Half-a-Heart.
(b) Mac Half-a-Prayer.
(c) Jack Half-a-Prayer.
(d) Jack Half-a-Heart.
2. How does Isaac feel about the unexpected visitor's request?
(a) He demands that the visitor leave immediately.
(b) He agrees with the visitor.
(c) He disagrees with the visitor.
(d) He ignores the visitor.
3. What is the first clue Isaac spots to confirm his suspicions that the slake moths live in the Glasshouse?
(a) A pile of moth droppings.
(b) A bloody pool.
(c) An empty cocoon.
(d) A crack in the glass.
4. Whose dreams are NOT used to lure the slake moths to the trap?
(a) The construct council's.
(b) The Weaver's.
5. According to Rudgutter, what are the people of New Crobuzan most fearful of?
(a) Isaac's experiments.
(b) All of the answers are true.
(c) Crisis energy.
(d) Slake moths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is interesting about Isaac's attire when he goes to meet the Weaver?
2. What type of creatures live in the Glasshouse?
3. What direction do the travelers head at the end of the novel?
4. Which of the following strange behaviors is NOT exhibited by the fearful people of New Crobuzan?
5. What do the parasitic creatures around the militia men's necks resemble?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Isaac awaken after being kidnapped by the Weaver?
2. What happens at 11:00 p.m. at the Glasshouse?
3. How is the final slake moth killed?
4. What unexpected visitor stops at Isaac's house following the final slake moth attack?
5. How does Isaac treat Lin after the final slake moth attack?
6. How do the members of MontJohn Rescue dress?
7. How does Shadrack die?
8. What does Isaac find when he searches Lin's apartment to warn her about the impeding militia?
9. What effect are the slake moths having on the people of New Crobuzon?
10. Why doesn't Lemuel want to continue Isaac's search for Lin?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)