|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters does NOT go to the Glasshouse with Isaac?
2. What does Mr. Motley want from Isaac in exchange for Lin's safety.
3. What is the first clue Isaac spots to confirm his suspicions that the slake moths live in the Glasshouse?
(a) A bloody pool.
(b) A pile of moth droppings.
(c) An empty cocoon.
(d) A crack in the glass.
4. What part of Isaac's body is chopped off during his arrest?
(a) His ear.
(b) His hair.
(c) His finger.
(d) His nose.
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes the climate inside the Glasshouse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does NOT leave New Crobuzan at the end of the novel?
2. Who unexpectedly offers protection to Jack and Derkhan during the final battle?
3. After the final attack, how long does Isaac hold Lin?
4. What is the mood of the novel in its final chapter?
5. Where will Isaac's final plan take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Isaac awaken after being kidnapped by the Weaver?
2. What request does the unexpected guest make of Isaac?
3. Where do Isaac and Lin head at the end of the novel?
4. How does Isaac react to the request of his unexpected visitor?
5. Who is Andrej Shelbornek?
6. What effect are the slake moths having on the people of New Crobuzon?
7. How does Shadrack die?
8. How is the final slake moth killed?
9. How is the slake moth killed at the Construct Compound?
10. How does the crew manage to weave the dream cable throughout the entire city?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)