|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what angle is the electric cable inserted into the ground?
(a) 180 degrees.
(b) 45 degrees.
(c) 360 degrees.
(d) 90 degrees.
2. Who is the slake moth's final victim?
(a) Mr. Motley.
3. Where does Isaac connect Andrej to the electric cable?
(a) At the hospital.
(b) At the laboratory.
(c) At the train station.
(d) At the river.
4. What is the first clue Isaac spots to confirm his suspicions that the slake moths live in the Glasshouse?
(a) A pile of moth droppings.
(b) An empty cocoon.
(c) A bloody pool.
(d) A crack in the glass.
5. Why is the large slake moth lying "languorously" on the floor when Isaac approaches her?
(a) Because she is in labor.
(b) Because she is just waking from a nap.
(c) Because she is injured.
(d) Because she is digesting her food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evening hour do the streets in the Glasshouse close down?
2. Who knocks out Andrej Shelbornek?
3. What does Derkhan bribe the nurse with in order to purchase Andrej?
4. Which of the following descriptions best describes Isaac's unexpected visitor?
5. Which of the following characters says, "Marvelous. You've got a vacuum cleaner on your side!"
Short Essay Questions
1. What request does the unexpected guest make of Isaac?
2. What happens at 11:00 p.m. at the Glasshouse?
3. How do the Cactacae feel about the slake moths hiding out in their buildings?
4. Where do Isaac and Lin head at the end of the novel?
5. What plan to kill the slake moths does Isaac concoct with the help of the Constructs?
6. How do the three slake moths die in the city center?
7. What is the mood of the novel as it comes to a close?
8. What unexpected visitor stops at Isaac's house following the final slake moth attack?
9. How do the Cactacae police react when they see Isaac running through their streets?
10. Where does Isaac awaken after being kidnapped by the Weaver?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)