|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who unexpectedly visits Isaac after he falls asleep with Lin?
(a) A Garuda-Bird.
(c) A Slake Moth.
(d) Mr. Motley.
2. What sound does the crisis engine make when it is running?
(a) A hum.
(b) A whine.
(c) A click.
(d) Total silence.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways Lin has been damaged during her time away from Isaac?
(a) She is blind.
(b) Her abdomen is torn open.
(c) Her wings have been torn off.
(d) Her body is covered in scars.
4. What type of insect is a Remude human mixed with?
(a) A praying mantis.
(b) A fire ant.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A cockroach.
5. After the final attack, how long does Isaac hold Lin?
(a) Until his arms grow weak.
(b) Until she falls asleep.
(c) Until she dies.
(d) Until she is strong enough to walk on her own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Motley want from Isaac in exchange for Lin's safety.
2. What noise startles Isaac away from Lin?
3. How many slake moths head toward Isaac's dream trap?
4. Why is the large slake moth lying "languorously" on the floor when Isaac approaches her?
5. Which of the following characters does NOT go to the Glasshouse with Isaac?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the crew manage to weave the dream cable throughout the entire city?
2. How do the three slake moths die in the city center?
3. Who is Andrej Shelbornek?
4. How does Isaac react to the request of his unexpected visitor?
5. How do the Cactacae police react when they see Isaac running through their streets?
6. How is the slake moth killed at the Construct Compound?
7. What is waiting for Isaac in the room that "reeks of rotting flesh"?
8. Why does Isaac visit Canker River?
9. Why doesn't Lemuel want to continue Isaac's search for Lin?
10. What request does the unexpected guest make of Isaac?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)