|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Cactacae intend to kill the slake moths?
(a) With religious prayer.
(b) With rocket launchers.
(c) With light beams.
(d) With water waves.
2. What stench does Isaac follow, which leads him straight to a slake moth?
(a) The smell of rotting flesh.
(b) The smell of musty flowers.
(c) The smell of almond extract.
(d) The smell of spoiled milk.
3. Which of the following are slake moths most attracted to?
4. How does Isaac feel about the unexpected visitor's request?
(a) He disagrees with the visitor.
(b) He ignores the visitor.
(c) He agrees with the visitor.
(d) He demands that the visitor leave immediately.
5. Which of the following characters does NOT go to the Glasshouse with Isaac?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is interesting about Isaac's attire when he goes to meet the Weaver?
2. Which of the following characters says, "Marvelous. You've got a vacuum cleaner on your side!"
3. What part of Isaac's body is chopped off during his arrest?
4. Why does Isaac wear a special helmet as he stalks the slake moths?
5. Which member of Isaac's crew does the mother slake moth manage to kill before she dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the four fugitive greeted when they arrive at the Construct Compound?
2. How does Shadrack die?
3. How does the crew manage to weave the dream cable throughout the entire city?
4. How do the three slake moths die in the city center?
5. What is the mood of the novel as it comes to a close?
6. What is the Glasshouse, and why does Isaac go there?
7. Who is Andrej Shelbornek?
8. What unexpected visitor stops at Isaac's house following the final slake moth attack?
9. Where do Isaac and Lin head at the end of the novel?
10. How do the Cactacae police react when they see Isaac running through their streets?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)