|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yagharek throw on the slake moth's back, saving its final victim's life?
(a) A kerosene lamp.
(b) A blowtorch.
(c) A box of lit matches.
(d) A candelabra.
2. How are the slake moth eggs, and their mother, killed?
(a) With flame throwers.
(b) With flintlock pistols.
(c) With toxic chemical acid.
(d) With nightmares.
3. Why must Isaac enter the Glasshouse through the sewer system?
(a) Because this is the safest entry point.
(b) Because he is too big to sneak in any other way.
(c) Because there is no other entrance.
(d) Because he is confused and loses his way.
4. In what town does Isaac recover from his unconsciousness?
(b) Cavern on the Green.
(d) Bone Alley.
5. How many shots hit Mr. Motley?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't the slake moths be killed?
2. What does Isaac clutch in fear after leaving Lin's side?
3. Which of Isaac's colleagues was the only one to be arrested with him?
4. Who unexpectedly offers protection to Jack and Derkhan during the final battle?
5. Which of the following descriptions best describes Isaac's unexpected visitor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect are the slake moths having on the people of New Crobuzon?
2. How does Isaac react to the request of his unexpected visitor?
3. Where do Isaac and Lin head at the end of the novel?
4. What is the mood of the novel as it comes to a close?
5. What does Isaac find when he searches Lin's apartment to warn her about the impeding militia?
6. What happens at 11:00 p.m. at the Glasshouse?
7. How do the members of MontJohn Rescue dress?
8. How does Shadrack die?
9. How is the slake moth killed at the Construct Compound?
10. Who is Andrej Shelbornek?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)