|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Isaac arrested?
(a) At the bar.
(b) At the library.
(c) Running through the city streets.
(d) In his laboratory.
2. Which of Isaac's colleagues was the only one to be arrested with him?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways Lin has been damaged during her time away from Isaac?
(a) She is blind.
(b) Her body is covered in scars.
(c) Her wings have been torn off.
(d) Her abdomen is torn open.
4. Which member of Isaac's crew does the mother slake moth manage to kill before she dies?
(b) The Construct Council.
(d) The Weaver.
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes the climate inside the Glasshouse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the slake moth's final victim?
2. Which of the following characters says, "Marvelous. You've got a vacuum cleaner on your side!"
3. Who kills the slake moth eggs?
4. Where does Derkhan go to purchase a dying patient?
5. Which of the following is NOT part of the militia men's uniform?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the members of MontJohn Rescue dress?
2. Where do Isaac and Lin head at the end of the novel?
3. How does the crew manage to weave the dream cable throughout the entire city?
4. Why doesn't Lemuel want to continue Isaac's search for Lin?
5. What request does the unexpected guest make of Isaac?
6. How does Isaac react to the request of his unexpected visitor?
7. What is the Weaver doing in the Glasshouse?
8. How do the three slake moths die in the city center?
9. What is the mood of the novel as it comes to a close?
10. What effect are the slake moths having on the people of New Crobuzon?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)