|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who convinces Isaac that Lin is already dead and that it would be a waste of time to search for her?
(a) The Weaver.
(b) Mayor Rudgutter.
2. What type of insect is a Remude human mixed with?
(a) A fire ant.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A praying mantis.
(d) A cockroach.
3. How does the nurse feel about selling Andrej to Derkhan?
4. What is the mood of the novel in its final chapter?
5. At what river does Isaac meet the Weaver?
(a) The Cancer River.
(b) The Canker River.
(c) The Cobra River.
(d) The Cactus River.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many constructs does Isaac count at the council?
2. What type of constructs does Isaac take into the Glasshouse with him?
3. How are the slake moth eggs, and their mother, killed?
4. What direction do the travelers head at the end of the novel?
5. Who is the slake moth's final victim?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan to kill the slake moths does Isaac concoct with the help of the Constructs?
2. How does Isaac react to the request of his unexpected visitor?
3. Where do Isaac and Lin head at the end of the novel?
4. How do the Cactacae feel about the slake moths hiding out in their buildings?
5. How are the four fugitive greeted when they arrive at the Construct Compound?
6. Who is Andrej Shelbornek?
7. What is the mood of the novel as it comes to a close?
8. What is the Glasshouse, and why does Isaac go there?
9. What request does the unexpected guest make of Isaac?
10. What effect are the slake moths having on the people of New Crobuzon?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)