|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Isaac's final plan take place?
(a) At Perdido Street Station.
(b) At the Construct Council.
(c) At the Weird Circus.
(d) At the Glasshouse.
2. After the final attack, how long does Isaac hold Lin?
(a) Until she falls asleep.
(b) Until his arms grow weak.
(c) Until she is strong enough to walk on her own.
(d) Until she dies.
3. What is the first clue Isaac spots to confirm his suspicions that the slake moths live in the Glasshouse?
(a) An empty cocoon.
(b) A pile of moth droppings.
(c) A bloody pool.
(d) A crack in the glass.
4. Why can't the slake moths be killed?
(a) Because they exist in an alternate reality.
(b) Because their bodies are too strong.
(c) Because they are immediately reincarnated.
(d) Slake moths can easily be killed with silver-handled knives.
5. Where does Derkhan go to purchase a dying patient?
(a) The mental asylum.
(b) The laboratory.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The morgue.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Isaac feel about the unexpected visitor's request?
2. What does Derkhan bribe the nurse with in order to purchase Andrej?
3. What do the parasitic creatures around the militia men's necks resemble?
4. Who do the Cactacae police kill in the scuffle following the mother slake moth's death?
5. How much longer does Andrej Shelbornek have to live before he is purchased by Derkhan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Derkhan purchase from the local hospital?
2. How is the final slake moth killed?
3. What effect are the slake moths having on the people of New Crobuzon?
4. How does the crew manage to weave the dream cable throughout the entire city?
5. What is most shocking to Isaac about the humans that run the Construct Compound?
6. Why doesn't Lemuel want to continue Isaac's search for Lin?
7. What does Isaac find when he searches Lin's apartment to warn her about the impeding militia?
8. What is the Weaver doing in the Glasshouse?
9. How do the Cactacae police react when they see Isaac running through their streets?
10. Where do Isaac and Lin head at the end of the novel?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)