|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crime is Yagharke allegedly guilty of committing?
2. Who kills the slake moth eggs?
(d) The constructs.
3. How many shots does Derkhan fire at Mr. Motley?
4. What does Yagharek throw on the slake moth's back, saving its final victim's life?
(a) A kerosene lamp.
(b) A candelabra.
(c) A box of lit matches.
(d) A blowtorch.
5. What does Isaac clutch in fear after leaving Lin's side?
(a) His Bible.
(b) His gun.
(c) Lin's hand.
(d) His teddy bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mood of the novel in its final chapter?
2. What sound does the crisis engine make when it is running?
3. What does the visitor beg Isaac to withhold from Yagharek?
4. What direction do the travelers head at the end of the novel?
5. Why does Isaac wear a special helmet as he stalks the slake moths?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is most shocking to Isaac about the humans that run the Construct Compound?
2. What is the Glasshouse, and why does Isaac go there?
3. How does the crew manage to weave the dream cable throughout the entire city?
4. How are the four fugitive greeted when they arrive at the Construct Compound?
5. What is waiting for Isaac in the room that "reeks of rotting flesh"?
6. What plan to kill the slake moths does Isaac concoct with the help of the Constructs?
7. Where does Isaac awaken after being kidnapped by the Weaver?
8. What unexpected visitor stops at Isaac's house following the final slake moth attack?
9. What does Isaac find when he searches Lin's apartment to warn her about the impeding militia?
10. What request does the unexpected guest make of Isaac?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)