|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the slake moth attacks, who threatens to strike?
(a) The newspaper journalists.
(b) The medical doctors.
(c) The dock workers.
(d) The bus drivers.
2. What type of energy does Yagharek wish Isaac to use when working on his new wings?
(a) Torque Energy.
(b) Tactile Energy.
(c) Telepathic Energy.
(d) Thermal Energy.
3. To whom does the parliament clerk send the box of grubs?
(a) Mayor Bentham Rudgutter.
(b) Dr. Magesta Barbile.
(c) Montague Vermishank.
(d) Isaac Dan der Grimnebulin.
4. How does the slake moth kill Dr. Barbile?
(a) By giving her allergic reaction.
(b) By smothering her with its wings.
(c) By sucking out her insides.
(d) By making a small cut that slowly drains out her blood.
5. What is the name of the assistant who works at the University library?
Short Answer Questions
1. What street does Isaac live on?
2. At what time of day do Isaac and Lin finally arise from their bed at the opening of the novel?
3. What is wrong with Yagharek's wings?
4. During what season of the year do the slake moths hatch?
5. What does Rudgutter give to Weaver as a bribe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lin look like?
2. Who is Ged and how does he feel about Isaac's new project?
3. How do the people of New Crobuzon react when they hear that Isaac is studying flying creatures?
4. Why does the slake moth attack Lumlamai?
5. What sounds does Isaac wake to in the morning of the novel's first chapter?
6. Why is Vermishank killed?
7. What does Vodyanoi sculpt?
8. What immediate studying does Isaac do to prepare for his work with Yagharke?
9. Who does Isaac meet for dinner at the Clock and Cocker, and what do they discuss?
10. What does the grub look like when it emerges from its pupa?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)