|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the bar Isaac frequents?
(a) Blue Kate.
(b) Red Kate.
(c) Black Kate.
(d) Green Kate.
2. Where is Isaac when his slake moth finally emerges from its cocoon?
(a) At the bar.
(b) At the movie theater.
(c) At the grocery store.
(d) At the laboratory.
3. Which of the following groups of people is NOT a group Lin would typically hang out with?
4. What type of insect does Isaac find in his bed when he wakes up in the morning?
(a) A grub.
(b) An earwig.
(c) A centipede.
(d) An ant.
5. How was Benjamin Flex tortured?
(a) All of the answers are true.
(b) He was blinded.
(c) He was beaten to death.
(d) His limbs were chopped off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room number does David frequent while he's in the prostitution part of town?
2. To whom does the parliament clerk send the box of grubs?
3. Where does Isaac keep the large larvae in his laboratory?
4. On what city holiday does Vermishank die?
5. What is Lemuel's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Isaac and Lin head at the end of the novel?
2. What happens at 11:00 p.m. at the Glasshouse?
3. How do the Garudas react when Isaac comes to visit them in the Sputter?
4. What strange trade does Mayor Rudgutter make with the Weaver in exchange for his services?
5. What does Lin tell Isaac she must purchase for her in the morning of the novel's first chapter?
6. Why does Isaac visit Canker River?
7. Why doesn't Lemuel want to continue Isaac's search for Lin?
8. Upon freeing itself from the laboratory, where does the slake moth head, and how do the townspeople react?
9. What is a Cactacae?
10. Where does Isaac awaken after being kidnapped by the Weaver?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)