|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isaac do for a living?
(a) He is a scientist.
(b) He is a mechanic.
(c) He is unemployed.
(d) He is a librarian.
2. What are Vodyanoi famous for making?
(a) Baked goods.
(b) Blown glass.
(c) Flower arrangements.
3. Where does Isaac keep the large larvae in his laboratory?
(a) In a cage.
(b) In an aquarium.
(c) In a fishbowl.
(d) In a shoebox.
4. What room number does David frequent while he's in the prostitution part of town?
(a) Room 17.
(b) Room 37.
(c) Room 007.
(d) Room 27.
5. How long are the Weaver's legs?
(a) 8 feet long.
(b) 6 feet long.
(c) 2 feet long.
(d) 4 feet long.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of her body is Lin missing?
2. Whom is Ged talking about when he says, "Completely egalitarian and individualistic"?
3. What is Lin's race?
4. What is a construct?
5. What do the Vodyanoi typically cite as their artistic inspiration?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Isaac meet for dinner at the Clock and Cocker, and what do they discuss?
2. What project was Dr. Barbile working on before it was cancelled by the government?
3. Why is Vermishank killed?
4. What does Lin look like?
5. Who is Mr. Motley?
6. What does Lin tell Isaac she must purchase for her in the morning of the novel's first chapter?
7. How are Isaac and his friends captured by the militia?
8. What immediate studying does Isaac do to prepare for his work with Yagharke?
9. How does Isaac feel about seeing the garuda at the circus?
10. What are the details of Dr. Barbile's death?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)