|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long are the Weaver's legs?
(a) 4 feet long.
(b) 6 feet long.
(c) 2 feet long.
(d) 8 feet long.
2. Why does Lin accept Mr. Motley's proposal?
(a) Because she wants to make Isaac jealous.
(b) Because she finds him interesting.
(c) Because she needs the money.
(d) Because she has nothing else to do.
3. What type of animal is a mafadet?
(a) A fish.
(b) A dog.
(c) A reptile.
(d) A bird.
4. What is the name of the prostitution part of town?
(a) Spit Hearth.
(b) Sparrow's Landing.
(c) Salt Lick Alley.
(d) Shine Shelter.
5. What is Benjamin Flex' prison sentence?
(b) 5-10 years hard labor.
(c) Life imprisonment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following activities is taking place outside of Isaac's window at the opening of the novel?
2. What color are the slake moth's claws?
3. How does Yagharek pay Isaac for his work?
4. What beverage does Isaac typically drink on his way to work?
5. What type of gun do most people in New Crobuzan carry with them at all times?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kinken?
2. What strange trade does Mayor Rudgutter make with the Weaver in exchange for his services?
3. Why are Lublamaie and David irritated with Isaac at the laboratory?
4. What project was Dr. Barbile working on before it was cancelled by the government?
5. Why is Vermishank killed?
6. How do the people of New Crobuzon react when they hear that Isaac is studying flying creatures?
7. Upon freeing itself from the laboratory, where does the slake moth head, and how do the townspeople react?
8. What does Lin tell Isaac she must purchase for her in the morning of the novel's first chapter?
9. Who is Mr. Motley?
10. What are the details of Dr. Barbile's death?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)