|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Isaac and Yagharek believe the larva will become when it emerges from its chrysalis?
(a) A swimming creature.
(b) A shrieking creature.
(c) They have no idea what it will become.
(d) A flying creature.
2. Who / What does Rudgutter bribe the Weaver to get rid of?
(a) Mr. Motley.
(b) Benjamin Flex.
(c) The dock strikers.
(d) The slake moths.
3. Which class system does Derkhan and her family fit into?
(a) The elite class.
(b) The impoverished class.
(c) The white collar class
(d) The working class.
4. What do the Vodyanoi typically cite as their artistic inspiration?
5. What does Isaac accidentally explode in his crisis engine?
(a) A block of cheese.
(b) A goat's leg.
(c) An apple.
(d) A dozen eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vermishank die?
2. What neighborhood did Lin grow up in?
3. What complaint do Isaac's laboratory partners have about sharing the room with Isaac?
4. Which of the following couples is the slake moth's next victim?
5. How does the slake moth kill Dr. Barbile?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the three slake moths die in the city center?
2. Where does Isaac awaken after being kidnapped by the Weaver?
3. Why does the slake moth attack Lumlamai?
4. What does Derkhan Blueday find out about Benjamin Flex through the help of an outside source?
5. Why does Isaac visit Canker River?
6. Who is Mr. Motley?
7. What sounds does Isaac wake to in the morning of the novel's first chapter?
8. How does Isaac feel about seeing the garuda at the circus?
9. What immediate studying does Isaac do to prepare for his work with Yagharke?
10. What is Kinken?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)