|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Isaac and Yagharek believe the larva will become when it emerges from its chrysalis?
(a) A shrieking creature.
(b) A flying creature.
(c) They have no idea what it will become.
(d) A swimming creature.
2. What does Ged do for a living?
(a) He is a professor.
(b) He is a librarian.
(c) He is a militia man.
(d) He is a computer software engineer.
3. What is interesting about the mafadet's skin?
(a) It is covered in scars.
(b) It is covered in scales.
(c) It is covered in lion fur.
(d) It is covered in feathers.
4. Which of the following activities is taking place outside of Isaac's window at the opening of the novel?
(a) There is an eerie calm.
(b) There is a tornado.
(c) There is a circus.
(d) There is a market.
5. What is the name of the bar Isaac frequents?
(a) The Black Horse.
(b) Moon's Daughter.
(c) The White Knight.
(d) Neptune's Son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Isaac go to research for Yagharek's project?
2. What is a Garuda?
3. From which department of the government does the parliament clerk receive the box of grubs?
4. How many slake moths are imprisoned in the abandoned warehouse?
5. Which of the following types of insect is NOT hoarded for sale when the people of New Crobuzan find out that Isaac is working on new research?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the mayor reach out to for help when he hears of the slake moth's attacks?
2. Who is Ged and how does he feel about Isaac's new project?
3. What has changed about Isaac's construct during the time it was away?
4. What type of scientist would Isaac say he is?
5. Why does David find himself in Room 17 of Spit Hearth?
6. Who is Yagharek, and what does he want from Isaac?
7. How does Isaac feel about seeing the garuda at the circus?
8. What does Lin look like?
9. Why is Vermishank killed?
10. What does Lin tell Isaac she must purchase for her in the morning of the novel's first chapter?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)