|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to David, who did Isaac get the larvae from?
(a) He has no idea.
(c) Mr. Motley.
2. What does Benjamin do for a living?
(a) He is a police officer.
(b) He is a banker.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a butcher.
3. What do Isaac and Yagharek believe the larva will become when it emerges from its chrysalis?
(a) A swimming creature.
(b) A flying creature.
(c) A shrieking creature.
(d) They have no idea what it will become.
4. What does Isaac fuss about most when he wakes up in the morning?
(a) Going to work.
(b) Eating his breakfast.
(c) Taking a bath.
(d) Changing his clothes.
5. Where is Isaac going when he visits, "a moving stew of human and vodyanoi, cactus, khepri and other, rarer, breeds: hotchi and strider and stiltspear and races the names of which Isaac did not know"?
(a) The elementary school.
(b) The church.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The circus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Garuda?
2. How many slake moths are imprisoned in the abandoned warehouse?
3. What is a communicatrix?
4. To whom does the parliament clerk send the box of grubs?
5. What is Benjamin Flex' prison sentence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sounds does Isaac wake to in the morning of the novel's first chapter?
2. Why does David find himself in Room 17 of Spit Hearth?
3. What is a mafadet and where does Isaac encounter one?
4. How do the people of New Crobuzon react when they hear that Isaac is studying flying creatures?
5. What does Lin tell Isaac she must purchase for her in the morning of the novel's first chapter?
6. Why does the slake moth attack Lumlamai?
7. What are the details of Dr. Barbile's death?
8. What does the grub look like when it emerges from its pupa?
9. What project was Dr. Barbile working on before it was cancelled by the government?
10. What does Derkhan Blueday find out about Benjamin Flex through the help of an outside source?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)