|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Isaac and Yagharek believe the larva will become when it emerges from its chrysalis?
(a) They have no idea what it will become.
(b) A shrieking creature.
(c) A flying creature.
(d) A swimming creature.
2. Which class system does Derkhan and her family fit into?
(a) The elite class.
(b) The white collar class
(c) The impoverished class.
(d) The working class.
3. How do Isaac and Lin's new projects affect their relationship?
(a) The work makes them both more irritable.
(b) They begin spending more time together.
(c) They begin spending less time together.
(d) The work makes them both more affectionate.
4. Which of the following elements is Isaac using to power Yagharek's new wings?
5. Who / What does Rudgutter bribe the Weaver to get rid of?
(a) Mr. Motley.
(b) The dock strikers.
(c) The slake moths.
(d) Benjamin Flex.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yagharek pay Isaac for his work?
2. At which restaurant does Lin host her celebratory dinner?
3. How was Benjamin Flex tortured?
4. What type of bird does Isaac have hanging to a cross in the center of the laboratory?
5. What is a construct?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Lublamaie and David irritated with Isaac at the laboratory?
2. How do the people of New Crobuzon react when they hear that Isaac is studying flying creatures?
3. Who is Mr. Motley?
4. What is a Cactacae?
5. Who does Isaac meet for dinner at the Clock and Cocker, and what do they discuss?
6. What immediate studying does Isaac do to prepare for his work with Yagharke?
7. Why is Vermishank killed?
8. How are Isaac and his friends captured by the militia?
9. What are the details of Dr. Barbile's death?
10. What is Kinken?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)