|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of creature does Mr. Motley hire as his body guard?
(a) A have snake half-man.
(b) A half-bird half-cactus.
(c) A half-man half-cactus.
(d) A half-bird half-lion.
2. Where must Lin travel to purchase colorberries?
(a) To the South City.
(b) To the East City.
(c) To the Old City.
(d) To the New City.
3. How does Lin communicate?
(a) Through humming and clicking.
(b) Through sign language.
(c) Through buzzing her wings.
(d) She does not communicate at all.
4. Who / What does Rudgutter bribe the Weaver to get rid of?
(a) Mr. Motley.
(b) The slake moths.
(c) The dock strikers.
(d) Benjamin Flex.
5. What are Vodyanoi famous for making?
(a) Baked goods.
(b) Blown glass.
(c) Flower arrangements.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vermishank die?
2. What type of bird does Isaac have hanging to a cross in the center of the laboratory?
3. What part of the university does Isaac work for?
4. What neighborhood did Lin grow up in?
5. What street does Isaac live on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Lemuel want to continue Isaac's search for Lin?
2. Why does Isaac visit Canker River?
3. Who is Andrej Shelbornek?
4. How does Isaac feel about seeing the garuda at the circus?
5. Where does Isaac awaken after being kidnapped by the Weaver?
6. Who does Isaac blame for the escape of his slake moth?
7. What strange trade does Mayor Rudgutter make with the Weaver in exchange for his services?
8. How does Shadrack die?
9. What does Lin tell Isaac she must purchase for her in the morning of the novel's first chapter?
10. How do the members of MontJohn Rescue dress?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)