|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what river does Isaac meet the Weaver?
(a) The Canker River.
(b) The Cancer River.
(c) The Cactus River.
(d) The Cobra River.
2. What stench does Isaac follow, which leads him straight to a slake moth?
(a) The smell of musty flowers.
(b) The smell of spoiled milk.
(c) The smell of rotting flesh.
(d) The smell of almond extract.
3. Which of the following characters does NOT leave New Crobuzan at the end of the novel?
4. Where does Isaac connect Andrej to the electric cable?
(a) At the laboratory.
(b) At the train station.
(c) At the river.
(d) At the hospital.
5. What type of constructs does Isaac take into the Glasshouse with him?
(a) Monkey constructs.
(b) Fish constructs.
(c) Bird constructs.
(d) Insect constructs.
6. How do the Cactacae intend to kill the slake moths?
(a) With light beams.
(b) With religious prayer.
(c) With water waves.
(d) With rocket launchers.
7. How are the slake moth eggs, and their mother, killed?
(a) With nightmares.
(b) With toxic chemical acid.
(c) With flintlock pistols.
(d) With flame throwers.
8. Which of the following characters says, "Marvelous. You've got a vacuum cleaner on your side!"
9. What is the mood of the novel in its final chapter?
10. How many constructs does Isaac count at the council?
11. What is the large slake moth feeding to her eggs?
12. What noise startles Isaac away from Lin?
(a) Screaming outside the window.
(b) A small child crying.
(c) Wings beating against the roof.
(d) A knocking at the door.
13. How does Isaac manage to thread the electric wires throughout the city?
(a) He doesn't manage to thread the wire through the entire city.
(b) With many hours of hard work and diligence.
(c) With the help of hundreds of volunteers.
(d) With the help of the constructs.
14. How old is Andrej Shelbornek?
15. Why does Isaac wear a special helmet as he stalks the slake moths?
(a) So the moths can't steal his dreams.
(b) So the moths can't hear his thoughts.
(c) So the moths can't eat his brain.
(d) So the moths can't smell his hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following strange behaviors is NOT exhibited by the fearful people of New Crobuzan?
2. When Isaac awakens from his unconsciousness, what does he smell all around him?
3. What is the name of the Remude human who sweeps into the city center during the final battle?
4. What is interesting about Isaac's attire when he goes to meet the Weaver?
5. What does Isaac clutch in fear after leaving Lin's side?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)