|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the final attack, how long does Isaac hold Lin?
(a) Until she dies.
(b) Until she is strong enough to walk on her own.
(c) Until his arms grow weak.
(d) Until she falls asleep.
2. What crime is Yagharke allegedly guilty of committing?
3. Who knocks out Andrej Shelbornek?
4. When Isaac awakens from his unconsciousness after his arrest, where is he?
(a) In an abandoned barn.
(b) In his laboratory.
(c) In a sewer.
(d) In a hospital.
5. What sound does the crisis engine make when it is running?
(a) A hum.
(b) Total silence.
(c) A whine.
(d) A click.
6. How many constructs does Isaac count at the council?
7. Why can't the slake moths be killed?
(a) Because they are immediately reincarnated.
(b) Slake moths can easily be killed with silver-handled knives.
(c) Because they exist in an alternate reality.
(d) Because their bodies are too strong.
8. Who unexpectedly visits Isaac after he falls asleep with Lin?
(a) A Slake Moth.
(b) Mr. Motley.
(d) A Garuda-Bird.
9. What is the first clue Isaac spots to confirm his suspicions that the slake moths live in the Glasshouse?
(a) A bloody pool.
(b) An empty cocoon.
(c) A crack in the glass.
(d) A pile of moth droppings.
10. How do the Cactacae intend to kill the slake moths?
(a) With rocket launchers.
(b) With water waves.
(c) With light beams.
(d) With religious prayer.
11. How do the Cactacae feel about the slake moths?
(a) They are jealous of the attention they receive.
(b) They are terrified of them.
(c) They think they are somewhat annoying.
(d) They find them amusing.
12. Which of the following adjectives best describes the climate inside the Glasshouse?
13. What evening hour do the streets in the Glasshouse close down?
(b) 11:00 pm.
(c) 8:00 pm.
(d) 5:30 pm.
14. What is the name of the Remude human who sweeps into the city center during the final battle?
(a) Jack Half-a-Prayer.
(b) Mac Half-a-Prayer.
(c) Jack Half-a-Heart.
(d) Mac Half-a-Heart.
15. Whose dead body does Isaac find in Lin's apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Andrej killed?
2. How many slake moths head toward Isaac's dream trap?
3. What does Mr. Motley want from Isaac in exchange for Lin's safety.
4. What direction do the travelers head at the end of the novel?
5. At what time will Isaac's final plan against the slake moths be completed?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)