|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the parasitic creatures around the militia men's necks resemble?
(a) Human hands.
(b) Moth wings.
(c) Serpent tails.
(d) Puppy dog eyes.
2. Which of the following strange behaviors is NOT exhibited by the fearful people of New Crobuzan?
(a) Lack of sleep.
(b) Accidents due to drowsiness.
(c) Frequent nightmares.
(d) Periods of narcolepsy.
3. What evening hour do the streets in the Glasshouse close down?
(a) 8:00 pm.
(b) 5:30 pm.
(d) 11:00 pm.
4. Who / what does Isaac want to warn Lin about after his arrest?
(a) Mr. Motley.
(b) The slake moths.
(c) The Weaver.
(d) The Militia.
5. Who unexpectedly offers protection to Jack and Derkhan during the final battle?
(a) The Weaver.
(b) Mr. Motley.
(c) Mayor Rudgutter.
(d) The Slake Moths.
6. How are the slake moth eggs, and their mother, killed?
(a) With nightmares.
(b) With flame throwers.
(c) With flintlock pistols.
(d) With toxic chemical acid.
7. Why is the large slake moth lying "languorously" on the floor when Isaac approaches her?
(a) Because she is in labor.
(b) Because she is digesting her food.
(c) Because she is just waking from a nap.
(d) Because she is injured.
8. What does Isaac clutch in fear after leaving Lin's side?
(a) His gun.
(b) His teddy bear.
(c) His Bible.
(d) Lin's hand.
9. What direction do the travelers head at the end of the novel?
10. Which of the following characters says, "Marvelous. You've got a vacuum cleaner on your side!"
11. Where do Isaac and his crew sleep on the night they search for Lin?
(a) Near the railway tracks.
(b) Underneath the bridge.
(c) In the underbrush.
(d) In an abandoned barn.
12. What crime is Yagharke allegedly guilty of committing?
13. Where is Isaac arrested?
(a) At the library.
(b) At the bar.
(c) In his laboratory.
(d) Running through the city streets.
14. What stench does Isaac follow, which leads him straight to a slake moth?
(a) The smell of musty flowers.
(b) The smell of almond extract.
(c) The smell of spoiled milk.
(d) The smell of rotting flesh.
15. How is Andrej killed?
(a) He is eaten by the slake moths.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He does not die, he runs away.
(d) He dies of old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does NOT leave New Crobuzan at the end of the novel?
2. Where will Isaac's final plan take place?
3. How many shots does Derkhan fire at Mr. Motley?
4. How does Isaac feel about the unexpected visitor's request?
5. What type of creatures live in the Glasshouse?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)