|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who unexpectedly offers protection to Jack and Derkhan during the final battle?
(a) The Slake Moths.
(b) Mr. Motley.
(c) The Weaver.
(d) Mayor Rudgutter.
2. What does Mr. Motley want from Isaac in exchange for Lin's safety.
3. Why does Isaac believe the slake moths are hiding out in the Glasshouse?
(a) Because it is the only place where their food is grown.
(b) Because the Glasshouse is abandoned.
(c) Because it provides daylight cover.
(d) Because it is the only place Isaac has not checked yet.
4. Where is Isaac arrested?
(a) At the library.
(b) At the bar.
(c) Running through the city streets.
(d) In his laboratory.
5. After sunset, how many slake moths does Isaac see take flight into the night sky?
6. What does Yagharek throw on the slake moth's back, saving its final victim's life?
(a) A kerosene lamp.
(b) A box of lit matches.
(c) A blowtorch.
(d) A candelabra.
7. What part of Isaac's body is chopped off during his arrest?
(a) His hair.
(b) His nose.
(c) His finger.
(d) His ear.
8. What is the mood of the novel in its final chapter?
9. Who / what does Isaac want to warn Lin about after his arrest?
(a) The Militia.
(b) The Weaver.
(c) Mr. Motley.
(d) The slake moths.
10. Who unexpectedly visits Isaac after he falls asleep with Lin?
(a) A Garuda-Bird.
(b) Mr. Motley.
(d) A Slake Moth.
11. What noise startles Isaac away from Lin?
(a) Screaming outside the window.
(b) Wings beating against the roof.
(c) A small child crying.
(d) A knocking at the door.
12. Where does Derkhan go to purchase a dying patient?
(a) The mental asylum.
(b) The laboratory.
(c) The morgue.
(d) The hospital.
13. Why must Isaac enter the Glasshouse through the sewer system?
(a) Because he is too big to sneak in any other way.
(b) Because he is confused and loses his way.
(c) Because this is the safest entry point.
(d) Because there is no other entrance.
14. When Isaac awakens from his unconsciousness after his arrest, where is he?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In his laboratory.
(c) In an abandoned barn.
(d) In a sewer.
15. What is the name of the Remude human who sweeps into the city center during the final battle?
(a) Mac Half-a-Heart.
(b) Jack Half-a-Prayer.
(c) Jack Half-a-Heart.
(d) Mac Half-a-Prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much longer does Andrej Shelbornek have to live before he is purchased by Derkhan?
2. What floor of her apartment building does Lin live on?
3. How do the moths feeding on dreams die?
4. What sound does the crisis engine make when it is running?
5. How does the nurse feel about selling Andrej to Derkhan?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)