|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways Lin has been damaged during her time away from Isaac?
(a) She is blind.
(b) Her body is covered in scars.
(c) Her abdomen is torn open.
(d) Her wings have been torn off.
2. Which of the following are slake moths most attracted to?
3. Whose dead body does Isaac find in Lin's apartment?
4. How does Isaac feel about the unexpected visitor's request?
(a) He disagrees with the visitor.
(b) He agrees with the visitor.
(c) He demands that the visitor leave immediately.
(d) He ignores the visitor.
5. What is the first clue Isaac spots to confirm his suspicions that the slake moths live in the Glasshouse?
(a) A bloody pool.
(b) A crack in the glass.
(c) A pile of moth droppings.
(d) An empty cocoon.
6. What is the name of the Remude human who sweeps into the city center during the final battle?
(a) Jack Half-a-Prayer.
(b) Jack Half-a-Heart.
(c) Mac Half-a-Heart.
(d) Mac Half-a-Prayer.
7. What floor of her apartment building does Lin live on?
(a) The 7th floor.
(b) The 4th floor.
(c) The 1st floor.
(d) The 9th floor.
8. At what angle is the electric cable inserted into the ground?
(a) 90 degrees.
(b) 360 degrees.
(c) 45 degrees.
(d) 180 degrees.
9. What do the parasitic creatures around the militia men's necks resemble?
(a) Serpent tails.
(b) Puppy dog eyes.
(c) Moth wings.
(d) Human hands.
10. When Isaac awakens from his unconsciousness after his arrest, where is he?
(a) In a sewer.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In an abandoned barn.
(d) In his laboratory.
11. What do the travelers use to guide their way as they leave New Crobuzan?
(a) The stars.
(b) The railroad tracks.
(c) The moss on trees.
(d) Homemade maps of the area.
12. What type of creatures live in the Glasshouse?
(a) Fish-human hybrids.
(b) Plant-human hybrids.
(c) Bird-human hybrids.
(d) Machine-human hybrids.
13. Where do Isaac and his crew sleep on the night they search for Lin?
(a) In the underbrush.
(b) In an abandoned barn.
(c) Underneath the bridge.
(d) Near the railway tracks.
14. How are the slake moth eggs, and their mother, killed?
(a) With toxic chemical acid.
(b) With nightmares.
(c) With flintlock pistols.
(d) With flame throwers.
15. What is the construct council made of?
(b) Wires and batteries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes the climate inside the Glasshouse?
2. What does Yagharek throw on the slake moth's back, saving its final victim's life?
3. Who / what does Isaac want to warn Lin about after his arrest?
4. Which of the following strange behaviors is NOT exhibited by the fearful people of New Crobuzan?
5. Which of the following characters does NOT leave New Crobuzan at the end of the novel?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)