|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who / what does Isaac want to warn Lin about after his arrest?
(a) The Militia.
(b) Mr. Motley.
(c) The slake moths.
(d) The Weaver.
2. Who is the slake moth's final victim?
(a) Mr. Motley.
3. Where will Isaac's final plan take place?
(a) At the Construct Council.
(b) At Perdido Street Station.
(c) At the Glasshouse.
(d) At the Weird Circus.
4. What direction do the travelers head at the end of the novel?
5. What type of insect is a Remude human mixed with?
(a) A cockroach.
(b) A praying mantis.
(c) A fire ant.
(d) A butterfly.
6. According to Rudgutter, what are the people of New Crobuzan most fearful of?
(a) Isaac's experiments.
(b) Slake moths.
(c) All of the answers are true.
(d) Crisis energy.
7. Why does Isaac wear a special helmet as he stalks the slake moths?
(a) So the moths can't steal his dreams.
(b) So the moths can't smell his hair.
(c) So the moths can't eat his brain.
(d) So the moths can't hear his thoughts.
8. How is Andrej killed?
(a) He does not die, he runs away.
(b) He dies of old age.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is eaten by the slake moths.
9. What type of constructs does Isaac take into the Glasshouse with him?
(a) Insect constructs.
(b) Monkey constructs.
(c) Fish constructs.
(d) Bird constructs.
10. How does Isaac feel about the unexpected visitor's request?
(a) He disagrees with the visitor.
(b) He agrees with the visitor.
(c) He ignores the visitor.
(d) He demands that the visitor leave immediately.
11. What do the travelers use to guide their way as they leave New Crobuzan?
(a) The stars.
(b) The railroad tracks.
(c) Homemade maps of the area.
(d) The moss on trees.
12. What crime is Yagharke allegedly guilty of committing?
13. When Isaac awakens from his unconsciousness, what does he smell all around him?
14. Who knocks out Andrej Shelbornek?
15. Which of the following adjectives best describes the climate inside the Glasshouse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What stench does Isaac follow, which leads him straight to a slake moth?
2. How do the Cactacae intend to kill the slake moths?
3. Where are the travelers headed?
4. What is the name of the Remude human who sweeps into the city center during the final battle?
5. At what time will Isaac's final plan against the slake moths be completed?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)