|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the final attack, how long does Isaac hold Lin?
(a) Until she falls asleep.
(b) Until she dies.
(c) Until she is strong enough to walk on her own.
(d) Until his arms grow weak.
2. How do the Cactacae feel about the slake moths?
(a) They find them amusing.
(b) They are jealous of the attention they receive.
(c) They are terrified of them.
(d) They think they are somewhat annoying.
3. How many shots hit Mr. Motley?
4. Why can't the slake moths be killed?
(a) Because they are immediately reincarnated.
(b) Slake moths can easily be killed with silver-handled knives.
(c) Because their bodies are too strong.
(d) Because they exist in an alternate reality.
5. What part of Isaac's body is chopped off during his arrest?
(a) His ear.
(b) His finger.
(c) His nose.
(d) His hair.
6. Where is Isaac arrested?
(a) Running through the city streets.
(b) At the library.
(c) At the bar.
(d) In his laboratory.
7. Where are the travelers headed?
(a) To New York.
(b) To Almadon.
(c) To the Glasshouse.
(d) The novel does not say.
8. What does Mr. Motley threaten to do to Lin in a ransom note?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Torture her.
(d) Poison her.
9. Who kills the first slake moth?
(a) It kills itself.
(b) The construct council.
(c) Mayor Rudgutter.
(d) The Weaver.
10. Which of the following descriptions best describes Isaac's unexpected visitor?
(a) A small boy.
(b) An elderly woman.
(c) A middle-aged female.
(d) A teenaged-man.
11. At what time will Isaac's final plan against the slake moths be completed?
(a) 10:00 pm.
(b) 12:00 midnight.
(c) 8:00 pm.
(d) 6:00 pm.
12. What direction do the travelers head at the end of the novel?
13. How do the moths feeding on dreams die?
(a) They die of fright.
(b) They are set on fire.
(c) They drown.
(d) They explode.
14. Who unexpectedly offers protection to Jack and Derkhan during the final battle?
(a) The Slake Moths.
(b) Mr. Motley.
(c) The Weaver.
(d) Mayor Rudgutter.
15. Why is the large slake moth lying "languorously" on the floor when Isaac approaches her?
(a) Because she is injured.
(b) Because she is just waking from a nap.
(c) Because she is in labor.
(d) Because she is digesting her food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the travelers use to guide their way as they leave New Crobuzan?
2. Whose dreams are NOT used to lure the slake moths to the trap?
3. What noise startles Isaac away from Lin?
4. How are the slake moth eggs, and their mother, killed?
5. What is the construct council made of?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)