|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the travelers use to guide their way as they leave New Crobuzan?
(a) Homemade maps of the area.
(b) The stars.
(c) The railroad tracks.
(d) The moss on trees.
2. What sound does the crisis engine make when it is running?
(a) A whine.
(b) Total silence.
(c) A click.
(d) A hum.
3. Why does Isaac believe the slake moths are hiding out in the Glasshouse?
(a) Because it is the only place where their food is grown.
(b) Because it provides daylight cover.
(c) Because it is the only place Isaac has not checked yet.
(d) Because the Glasshouse is abandoned.
4. Which of Isaac's colleagues was the only one to be arrested with him?
5. What noise startles Isaac away from Lin?
(a) Wings beating against the roof.
(b) A knocking at the door.
(c) A small child crying.
(d) Screaming outside the window.
6. How many slake moths head toward Isaac's dream trap?
7. Whose dreams are NOT used to lure the slake moths to the trap?
(a) The construct council's.
(c) The Weaver's.
8. How does Isaac manage to thread the electric wires throughout the city?
(a) He doesn't manage to thread the wire through the entire city.
(b) With the help of hundreds of volunteers.
(c) With the help of the constructs.
(d) With many hours of hard work and diligence.
9. Which member of Isaac's crew does the mother slake moth manage to kill before she dies?
(b) The Weaver.
(d) The Construct Council.
10. What is the mood of the novel in its final chapter?
11. Who convinces Isaac that Lin is already dead and that it would be a waste of time to search for her?
(a) Mayor Rudgutter.
(d) The Weaver.
12. Where does Derkhan go to purchase a dying patient?
(a) The laboratory.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The mental asylum.
(d) The morgue.
13. After sunset, how many slake moths does Isaac see take flight into the night sky?
14. When Isaac awakens from his unconsciousness after his arrest, where is he?
(a) In a sewer.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In an abandoned barn.
(d) In his laboratory.
15. At what time will Isaac's final plan against the slake moths be completed?
(a) 6:00 pm.
(b) 10:00 pm.
(c) 8:00 pm.
(d) 12:00 midnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is interesting about Isaac's attire when he goes to meet the Weaver?
2. Who kills the slake moth eggs?
3. What does Derkhan bribe the nurse with in order to purchase Andrej?
4. What part of town is the Glasshouse located in?
5. Who kills the first slake moth?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)