|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Motley want from Isaac in exchange for Lin's safety.
2. In what town does Isaac recover from his unconsciousness?
(a) Cavern on the Green.
(c) Bone Alley.
3. What crime is Yagharke allegedly guilty of committing?
4. Who unexpectedly visits Isaac after he falls asleep with Lin?
(a) A Garuda-Bird.
(c) A Slake Moth.
(d) Mr. Motley.
5. Why must Isaac enter the Glasshouse through the sewer system?
(a) Because he is confused and loses his way.
(b) Because he is too big to sneak in any other way.
(c) Because this is the safest entry point.
(d) Because there is no other entrance.
6. How do the moths feeding on dreams die?
(a) They die of fright.
(b) They drown.
(c) They explode.
(d) They are set on fire.
7. How many shots does Derkhan fire at Mr. Motley?
8. Who is the slake moth's final victim?
(b) Mr. Motley.
9. Who unexpectedly offers protection to Jack and Derkhan during the final battle?
(a) Mayor Rudgutter.
(b) The Slake Moths.
(c) Mr. Motley.
(d) The Weaver.
10. What part of Isaac's body is chopped off during his arrest?
(a) His nose.
(b) His hair.
(c) His finger.
(d) His ear.
11. What does Isaac clutch in fear after leaving Lin's side?
(a) His teddy bear.
(b) His Bible.
(c) His gun.
(d) Lin's hand.
12. What does Mr. Motley threaten to do to Lin in a ransom note?
(a) Poison her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Torture her.
13. Which of the following descriptions best describes Isaac's unexpected visitor?
(a) A teenaged-man.
(b) An elderly woman.
(c) A middle-aged female.
(d) A small boy.
14. Who kills the slake moth eggs?
(d) The constructs.
15. What noise startles Isaac away from Lin?
(a) A knocking at the door.
(b) A small child crying.
(c) Screaming outside the window.
(d) Wings beating against the roof.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Isaac awakens from his unconsciousness after his arrest, where is he?
2. Which of the following characters does NOT leave New Crobuzan at the end of the novel?
3. Who convinces Isaac that Lin is already dead and that it would be a waste of time to search for her?
4. What floor of her apartment building does Lin live on?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways Lin has been damaged during her time away from Isaac?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)