|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the large slake moth lying "languorously" on the floor when Isaac approaches her?
(a) Because she is digesting her food.
(b) Because she is just waking from a nap.
(c) Because she is injured.
(d) Because she is in labor.
2. What direction do the travelers head at the end of the novel?
3. How do the Cactacae feel about the slake moths?
(a) They are jealous of the attention they receive.
(b) They are terrified of them.
(c) They find them amusing.
(d) They think they are somewhat annoying.
4. Which of the following characters does NOT leave New Crobuzan at the end of the novel?
5. Where does Derkhan go to purchase a dying patient?
(a) The laboratory.
(b) The morgue.
(c) The mental asylum.
(d) The hospital.
6. What floor of her apartment building does Lin live on?
(a) The 9th floor.
(b) The 1st floor.
(c) The 7th floor.
(d) The 4th floor.
7. Whose dead body does Isaac find in Lin's apartment?
8. At what river does Isaac meet the Weaver?
(a) The Cobra River.
(b) The Canker River.
(c) The Cactus River.
(d) The Cancer River.
9. What stench does Isaac follow, which leads him straight to a slake moth?
(a) The smell of almond extract.
(b) The smell of rotting flesh.
(c) The smell of spoiled milk.
(d) The smell of musty flowers.
10. How does Isaac feel about the unexpected visitor's request?
(a) He agrees with the visitor.
(b) He disagrees with the visitor.
(c) He demands that the visitor leave immediately.
(d) He ignores the visitor.
11. What type of constructs does Isaac take into the Glasshouse with him?
(a) Insect constructs.
(b) Fish constructs.
(c) Bird constructs.
(d) Monkey constructs.
12. Which of the following adjectives best describes the climate inside the Glasshouse?
13. What does Mr. Motley threaten to do to Lin in a ransom note?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Poison her.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Torture her.
14. How many constructs does Isaac count at the council?
15. Whose dreams are NOT used to lure the slake moths to the trap?
(b) The construct council's.
(d) The Weaver's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who / what does Isaac want to warn Lin about after his arrest?
2. Who knocks out Andrej Shelbornek?
3. How does the Weaver feel about his performance against the slake moths?
4. What does the visitor beg Isaac to withhold from Yagharek?
5. Who is the slake moth's final victim?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)