|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Isaac's final plan take place?
(a) At the Construct Council.
(b) At the Weird Circus.
(c) At the Glasshouse.
(d) At Perdido Street Station.
2. Which of the following strange behaviors is NOT exhibited by the fearful people of New Crobuzan?
(a) Accidents due to drowsiness.
(b) Periods of narcolepsy.
(c) Lack of sleep.
(d) Frequent nightmares.
3. At what time will Isaac's final plan against the slake moths be completed?
(a) 12:00 midnight.
(b) 10:00 pm.
(c) 6:00 pm.
(d) 8:00 pm.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways Lin has been damaged during her time away from Isaac?
(a) She is blind.
(b) Her abdomen is torn open.
(c) Her wings have been torn off.
(d) Her body is covered in scars.
5. What is the large slake moth feeding to her eggs?
6. What does Mr. Motley threaten to do to Lin in a ransom note?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Poison her.
(d) Torture her.
7. After the final attack, how long does Isaac hold Lin?
(a) Until his arms grow weak.
(b) Until she is strong enough to walk on her own.
(c) Until she dies.
(d) Until she falls asleep.
8. How do the Cactacae feel about the slake moths?
(a) They think they are somewhat annoying.
(b) They are terrified of them.
(c) They find them amusing.
(d) They are jealous of the attention they receive.
9. How do the moths feeding on dreams die?
(a) They explode.
(b) They drown.
(c) They die of fright.
(d) They are set on fire.
10. Which of the following adjectives best describes the climate inside the Glasshouse?
11. What is the name of the Remude human who sweeps into the city center during the final battle?
(a) Mac Half-a-Prayer.
(b) Mac Half-a-Heart.
(c) Jack Half-a-Prayer.
(d) Jack Half-a-Heart.
12. What is the mood of the novel in its final chapter?
13. What does Derkhan bribe the nurse with in order to purchase Andrej?
(a) Gold coins.
(c) Food and water.
(d) Insect spray.
14. How is Andrej killed?
(a) He is eaten by the slake moths.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He dies of old age.
(d) He does not die, he runs away.
15. How does the nurse feel about selling Andrej to Derkhan?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first clue Isaac spots to confirm his suspicions that the slake moths live in the Glasshouse?
2. What type of insect is a Remude human mixed with?
3. Who / what does Isaac want to warn Lin about after his arrest?
4. What direction do the travelers head at the end of the novel?
5. In what town does Isaac recover from his unconsciousness?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)