|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Cactacae police kill in the scuffle following the mother slake moth's death?
(a) Mr. Motley.
2. Why does Isaac believe the slake moths are hiding out in the Glasshouse?
(a) Because it is the only place where their food is grown.
(b) Because the Glasshouse is abandoned.
(c) Because it is the only place Isaac has not checked yet.
(d) Because it provides daylight cover.
3. Which of the following are slake moths most attracted to?
4. Which of the following strange behaviors is NOT exhibited by the fearful people of New Crobuzan?
(a) Frequent nightmares.
(b) Accidents due to drowsiness.
(c) Lack of sleep.
(d) Periods of narcolepsy.
5. What type of insect is a Remude human mixed with?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A praying mantis.
(c) A fire ant.
(d) A cockroach.
6. What is the first clue Isaac spots to confirm his suspicions that the slake moths live in the Glasshouse?
(a) A crack in the glass.
(b) A pile of moth droppings.
(c) An empty cocoon.
(d) A bloody pool.
7. Where do Isaac and his crew sleep on the night they search for Lin?
(a) In the underbrush.
(b) Underneath the bridge.
(c) In an abandoned barn.
(d) Near the railway tracks.
8. What part of Isaac's body is chopped off during his arrest?
(a) His nose.
(b) His finger.
(c) His ear.
(d) His hair.
9. What sound does the crisis engine make when it is running?
(a) Total silence.
(b) A hum.
(c) A click.
(d) A whine.
10. Why must Isaac enter the Glasshouse through the sewer system?
(a) Because he is confused and loses his way.
(b) Because this is the safest entry point.
(c) Because there is no other entrance.
(d) Because he is too big to sneak in any other way.
11. Which of the following adjectives best describes the climate inside the Glasshouse?
12. Whose dead body does Isaac find in Lin's apartment?
13. What stench does Isaac follow, which leads him straight to a slake moth?
(a) The smell of rotting flesh.
(b) The smell of spoiled milk.
(c) The smell of almond extract.
(d) The smell of musty flowers.
14. Who convinces Isaac that Lin is already dead and that it would be a waste of time to search for her?
(a) The Weaver.
(d) Mayor Rudgutter.
15. Who kills the first slake moth?
(a) It kills itself.
(b) The construct council.
(c) The Weaver.
(d) Mayor Rudgutter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many shots hit Mr. Motley?
2. What is the mood of the novel in its final chapter?
3. How much longer does Andrej Shelbornek have to live before he is purchased by Derkhan?
4. What does the visitor beg Isaac to withhold from Yagharek?
5. Where are the travelers headed?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)