|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Isaac connect Andrej to the electric cable?
(a) At the train station.
(b) At the river.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) At the laboratory.
2. At what angle is the electric cable inserted into the ground?
(a) 180 degrees.
(b) 45 degrees.
(c) 360 degrees.
(d) 90 degrees.
3. What is the construct council made of?
(d) Wires and batteries.
4. Who / what does Isaac want to warn Lin about after his arrest?
(a) The Weaver.
(b) The slake moths.
(c) The Militia.
(d) Mr. Motley.
5. Who convinces Isaac that Lin is already dead and that it would be a waste of time to search for her?
(b) The Weaver.
(c) Mayor Rudgutter.
6. What is the large slake moth feeding to her eggs?
7. Why does Isaac believe the slake moths are hiding out in the Glasshouse?
(a) Because it is the only place where their food is grown.
(b) Because the Glasshouse is abandoned.
(c) Because it is the only place Isaac has not checked yet.
(d) Because it provides daylight cover.
8. Which of the following characters does NOT leave New Crobuzan at the end of the novel?
9. What is the mood of the novel in its final chapter?
10. Where is Isaac arrested?
(a) In his laboratory.
(b) Running through the city streets.
(c) At the library.
(d) At the bar.
11. Why is the large slake moth lying "languorously" on the floor when Isaac approaches her?
(a) Because she is digesting her food.
(b) Because she is in labor.
(c) Because she is just waking from a nap.
(d) Because she is injured.
12. Why must Isaac enter the Glasshouse through the sewer system?
(a) Because he is too big to sneak in any other way.
(b) Because there is no other entrance.
(c) Because he is confused and loses his way.
(d) Because this is the safest entry point.
13. Who unexpectedly visits Isaac after he falls asleep with Lin?
(a) A Slake Moth.
(c) A Garuda-Bird.
(d) Mr. Motley.
14. What stench does Isaac follow, which leads him straight to a slake moth?
(a) The smell of musty flowers.
(b) The smell of spoiled milk.
(c) The smell of almond extract.
(d) The smell of rotting flesh.
15. What do the parasitic creatures around the militia men's necks resemble?
(a) Moth wings.
(b) Serpent tails.
(c) Puppy dog eyes.
(d) Human hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isaac clutch in fear after leaving Lin's side?
2. What sound does the crisis engine make when it is running?
3. Who do the Cactacae police kill in the scuffle following the mother slake moth's death?
4. After sunset, how many slake moths does Isaac see take flight into the night sky?
5. How many constructs does Isaac count at the council?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)