|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what town does Isaac recover from his unconsciousness?
(a) Bone Alley.
(d) Cavern on the Green.
2. Which member of Isaac's crew does the mother slake moth manage to kill before she dies?
(b) The Construct Council.
(c) The Weaver.
3. What do the travelers use to guide their way as they leave New Crobuzan?
(a) The stars.
(b) Homemade maps of the area.
(c) The moss on trees.
(d) The railroad tracks.
4. Why is the large slake moth lying "languorously" on the floor when Isaac approaches her?
(a) Because she is just waking from a nap.
(b) Because she is in labor.
(c) Because she is digesting her food.
(d) Because she is injured.
5. What is the first clue Isaac spots to confirm his suspicions that the slake moths live in the Glasshouse?
(a) An empty cocoon.
(b) A crack in the glass.
(c) A pile of moth droppings.
(d) A bloody pool.
6. What part of Isaac's body is chopped off during his arrest?
(a) His ear.
(b) His nose.
(c) His finger.
(d) His hair.
7. When Isaac awakens from his unconsciousness after his arrest, where is he?
(a) In an abandoned barn.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In his laboratory.
(d) In a sewer.
8. What type of constructs does Isaac take into the Glasshouse with him?
(a) Bird constructs.
(b) Fish constructs.
(c) Insect constructs.
(d) Monkey constructs.
9. What part of town is the Glasshouse located in?
10. What is the name of the Remude human who sweeps into the city center during the final battle?
(a) Jack Half-a-Prayer.
(b) Mac Half-a-Heart.
(c) Mac Half-a-Prayer.
(d) Jack Half-a-Heart.
11. How is Andrej killed?
(a) He is eaten by the slake moths.
(b) He dies of old age.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He does not die, he runs away.
12. Where does Derkhan go to purchase a dying patient?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The laboratory.
(c) The mental asylum.
(d) The morgue.
13. Who kills the slake moth eggs?
(d) The constructs.
14. What does Yagharek throw on the slake moth's back, saving its final victim's life?
(a) A kerosene lamp.
(b) A blowtorch.
(c) A candelabra.
(d) A box of lit matches.
15. At what angle is the electric cable inserted into the ground?
(a) 180 degrees.
(b) 360 degrees.
(c) 45 degrees.
(d) 90 degrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much longer does Andrej Shelbornek have to live before he is purchased by Derkhan?
2. Who do the Cactacae police kill in the scuffle following the mother slake moth's death?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT leave New Crobuzan at the end of the novel?
4. What stench does Isaac follow, which leads him straight to a slake moth?
5. What do the parasitic creatures around the militia men's necks resemble?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)