|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a communicatrix?
(a) A newspaper journalist.
(b) A spiritual medium.
(c) A television news reporter.
(d) A sign language teacher.
2. What color are the slake moth's claws?
3. At what time of day do Isaac and Lin finally arise from their bed at the opening of the novel?
(a) 11:00 am.
(b) 12:00 pm.
(c) 10:00 am.
(d) 1:00 pm.
4. What does Isaac accidentally explode in his crisis engine?
(a) A block of cheese.
(b) A goat's leg.
(c) A dozen eggs.
(d) An apple.
5. What type of bird does Isaac have hanging to a cross in the center of the laboratory?
(a) A robin.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) A pigeon.
(d) A dove.
6. How was Benjamin Flex tortured?
(a) He was beaten to death.
(b) His limbs were chopped off.
(c) All of the answers are true.
(d) He was blinded.
7. What is the name of the bar Isaac frequents?
(a) The Black Horse.
(b) Moon's Daughter.
(c) Neptune's Son.
(d) The White Knight.
8. How do Isaac and Lin's new projects affect their relationship?
(a) The work makes them both more affectionate.
(b) The work makes them both more irritable.
(c) They begin spending less time together.
(d) They begin spending more time together.
9. What room number does David frequent while he's in the prostitution part of town?
(a) Room 17.
(b) Room 007.
(c) Room 37.
(d) Room 27.
10. From which department of the government does the parliament clerk receive the box of grubs?
(a) Research and Development.
(b) National Security.
(c) Animal Management and Control.
(d) Parks and Recreation.
11. During what season of the year do the slake moths hatch?
12. At which restaurant does Lin host her celebratory dinner?
(a) Bread and Butter.
(b) Daggers and Diamonds.
(c) Hen and Hennesey.
(d) Clock and Cocker.
13. What do the Vodyanoi typically cite as their artistic inspiration?
14. What does Isaac fuss about most when he wakes up in the morning?
(a) Changing his clothes.
(b) Taking a bath.
(c) Going to work.
(d) Eating his breakfast.
15. Why does Lin accept Mr. Motley's proposal?
(a) Because she needs the money.
(b) Because she wants to make Isaac jealous.
(c) Because she has nothing else to do.
(d) Because she finds him interesting.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Lin eats colorberries, from which part of her body does she secrete them?
2. Which of the following activities is taking place outside of Isaac's window at the opening of the novel?
3. What type of animal is a mafadet?
4. What neighborhood did Lin grow up in?
5. When were Yagharek's wings damaged?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)