|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the slake moth kill Dr. Barbile?
(a) By making a small cut that slowly drains out her blood.
(b) By sucking out her insides.
(c) By giving her allergic reaction.
(d) By smothering her with its wings.
2. Where does Isaac go to research for Yagharek's project?
(a) To the zoo.
(b) To the circus.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To the library.
3. On what city holiday does Vermishank die?
4. What part of her body is Lin missing?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her stomach.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her lips.
5. Who sold Isaac the slake moth pupa?
(a) Benjamin Flex.
(b) Mayor Rudgutter.
6. What is Benjamin Flex' prison sentence?
(c) 5-10 years hard labor.
(d) Life imprisonment.
7. What are Yagharek's wings made of?
(d) He does not have wings.
8. Whom is Ged talking about when he says, "Completely egalitarian and individualistic"?
(b) The Garuda-People.
(c) All artists.
9. What is the name of the town where Isaac lives?
(a) New Bobuzon.
(b) New Dobuzon.
(c) New Crobuzon.
(d) New Wobuzon.
10. What neighborhood did Lin grow up in?
11. What does Isaac accidentally explode in his crisis engine?
(a) A goat's leg.
(b) A dozen eggs.
(c) A block of cheese.
(d) An apple.
12. Who sells colorberries?
(a) The Khepri Elders.
(b) The Khepri Children.
(c) The Khepri Men.
(d) The Khepri Women.
13. When were Yagharek's wings damaged?
(a) During puberty.
(b) In a terrible accident.
(c) At birth.
(d) After his life of crime.
14. What type of bird does Isaac have hanging to a cross in the center of the laboratory?
(a) A dove.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) A pigeon.
(d) A robin.
15. What is the one topic Mr. Motley always wants to discuss when he is sitting for Lin?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yagharek pay Isaac for his work?
2. What is a communicatrix?
3. What does Benjamin do for a living?
4. Where is Isaac going when he visits, "a moving stew of human and vodyanoi, cactus, khepri and other, rarer, breeds: hotchi and strider and stiltspear and races the names of which Isaac did not know"?
5. What type of insect does Isaac find in his bed when he wakes up in the morning?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)