|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the slake moth attacks, who threatens to strike?
(a) The bus drivers.
(b) The newspaper journalists.
(c) The medical doctors.
(d) The dock workers.
2. Why was Benjamin Flex arrested?
(a) For supporting strikers.
(b) For overfishing.
(c) For damaging council property.
(d) For stealing from the city kitty.
3. What does Isaac fuss about most when he wakes up in the morning?
(a) Changing his clothes.
(b) Eating his breakfast.
(c) Going to work.
(d) Taking a bath.
4. Where is Lumlamai when he is attacked by the slake moth?
(a) In the laboratory.
(b) Down by the fishing docks.
(c) At the apple orchard.
(d) Near the public library.
5. What is a communicatrix?
(a) A television news reporter.
(b) A spiritual medium.
(c) A sign language teacher.
(d) A newspaper journalist.
6. What does Lin do for a living?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is a model.
(c) She is an artist.
(d) She is a prostitute.
7. What type of bird does Isaac have hanging to a cross in the center of the laboratory?
(a) A dove.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) A pigeon.
(d) A robin.
8. What do Isaac and Yagharek believe the larva will become when it emerges from its chrysalis?
(a) A flying creature.
(b) A shrieking creature.
(c) A swimming creature.
(d) They have no idea what it will become.
9. What is interesting about the slake moth's tongue?
(a) It is forked, like a snake's.
(b) It is covered in feathers.
(c) It does not have a tongue.
(d) It is made of metal.
10. According to David, who did Isaac get the larvae from?
(a) He has no idea.
(d) Mr. Motley.
11. What day of the week does Lin celebrate her new commission from Mr. Motley?
12. What is the name of the bar Isaac frequents?
(a) Neptune's Son.
(b) The Black Horse.
(c) The White Knight.
(d) Moon's Daughter.
13. Which of the following is NOT an adjective used to describe Mayor Rudgutter?
14. How big is the slake moth?
(a) As big as a bear.
(b) As big as a man.
(c) As big as a rabbit.
(d) As big as an eagle.
15. What does Isaac do for a living?
(a) He is a mechanic.
(b) He is a librarian.
(c) He is a scientist.
(d) He is unemployed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following activities is taking place outside of Isaac's window at the opening of the novel?
2. How does the slake moth kill Dr. Barbile?
3. Which type of energy is Isaac most interested in?
4. What are Yagharek's wings made of?
5. When were Yagharek's wings damaged?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)