|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What street does Isaac live on?
(a) Shadrach Street.
(b) Starlight Street.
(c) Sassafras Street.
(d) Solomon Street.
2. What is a communicatrix?
(a) A sign language teacher.
(b) A spiritual medium.
(c) A television news reporter.
(d) A newspaper journalist.
3. Where is Lumlamai when he is attacked by the slake moth?
(a) At the apple orchard.
(b) Down by the fishing docks.
(c) Near the public library.
(d) In the laboratory.
4. What does Mr. Motley have multiples of?
(d) All of the answers are true.
5. What is the name of the town where Isaac lives?
(a) New Crobuzon.
(b) New Dobuzon.
(c) New Bobuzon.
(d) New Wobuzon.
6. How do Isaac and Lin's new projects affect their relationship?
(a) The work makes them both more irritable.
(b) They begin spending less time together.
(c) The work makes them both more affectionate.
(d) They begin spending more time together.
7. How big is the slake moth?
(a) As big as a bear.
(b) As big as an eagle.
(c) As big as a man.
(d) As big as a rabbit.
8. What type of animal is the Weaver?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A snake.
(c) A bird.
(d) A spider.
9. On what city holiday does Vermishank die?
10. What type of gun do most people in New Crobuzan carry with them at all times?
(a) Wheellock pistols.
(b) Doglock pistols.
(c) Flintlock pistols.
(d) Matchlock pistols.
11. Which of the following types of insect is NOT hoarded for sale when the people of New Crobuzan find out that Isaac is working on new research?
12. Where is Isaac going when he visits, "a moving stew of human and vodyanoi, cactus, khepri and other, rarer, breeds: hotchi and strider and stiltspear and races the names of which Isaac did not know"?
(a) The elementary school.
(b) The church.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The circus.
13. Which of the following groups of people is NOT a group Lin would typically hang out with?
14. Where does Isaac keep the large larvae in his laboratory?
(a) In a shoebox.
(b) In a cage.
(c) In a fishbowl.
(d) In an aquarium.
15. Who sells colorberries?
(a) The Khepri Elders.
(b) The Khepri Women.
(c) The Khepri Men.
(d) The Khepri Children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Derkhan's last name?
2. During what season of the year do the slake moths hatch?
3. According to David, who did Isaac get the larvae from?
4. What part of the university does Isaac work for?
5. What beverage does Isaac typically drink on his way to work?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)