|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following activities is taking place outside of Isaac's window at the opening of the novel?
(a) There is an eerie calm.
(b) There is a circus.
(c) There is a market.
(d) There is a tornado.
2. Why does Lin accept Mr. Motley's proposal?
(a) Because she wants to make Isaac jealous.
(b) Because she finds him interesting.
(c) Because she needs the money.
(d) Because she has nothing else to do.
3. Which class system does Derkhan and her family fit into?
(a) The working class.
(b) The elite class.
(c) The white collar class
(d) The impoverished class.
4. How big is the slake moth?
(a) As big as a man.
(b) As big as a rabbit.
(c) As big as a bear.
(d) As big as an eagle.
5. To whom does the parliament clerk send the box of grubs?
(a) Mayor Bentham Rudgutter.
(b) Isaac Dan der Grimnebulin.
(c) Dr. Magesta Barbile.
(d) Montague Vermishank.
6. What devastating event happened in the year 1545?
(a) Bombs were unleashed.
(b) Nothing significant happened this year.
(c) A terrible drought killed all the livestock.
(d) An earthquake ravished the land.
7. How does Lin communicate?
(a) Through sign language.
(b) She does not communicate at all.
(c) Through humming and clicking.
(d) Through buzzing her wings.
8. What does Isaac do for a living?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) He is a librarian.
(c) He is a mechanic.
(d) He is a scientist.
9. Who sells colorberries?
(a) The Khepri Men.
(b) The Khepri Women.
(c) The Khepri Children.
(d) The Khepri Elders.
10. During what season of the year do the slake moths hatch?
11. What is a construct?
(a) A robot.
(b) A cleaner.
(c) A servant.
(d) All of the answers are true.
12. When were Yagharek's wings damaged?
(a) After his life of crime.
(b) During puberty.
(c) At birth.
(d) In a terrible accident.
13. What part of her body is Lin missing?
(a) Her lips.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her stomach.
14. What are Yagharek's wings made of?
(b) He does not have wings.
15. What is a communicatrix?
(a) A newspaper journalist.
(b) A spiritual medium.
(c) A sign language teacher.
(d) A television news reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vermishank die?
2. What street does Isaac live on?
3. What is a Garuda?
4. Which of the following types of insect is NOT hoarded for sale when the people of New Crobuzan find out that Isaac is working on new research?
5. Where must Lin travel to purchase colorberries?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)