|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Isaac going when he visits, "a moving stew of human and vodyanoi, cactus, khepri and other, rarer, breeds: hotchi and strider and stiltspear and races the names of which Isaac did not know"?
(a) The circus.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The church.
(d) The elementary school.
2. Which of the following couples is the slake moth's next victim?
(a) A mother and her infant child.
(b) A prostitute and her customer.
(c) A barman and his patron.
(d) An old woman and her dog.
3. What part of her body is Lin missing?
(a) Her stomach.
(b) Her lips.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her eyes.
4. What type of bird does Isaac have hanging to a cross in the center of the laboratory?
(a) A pigeon.
(b) A robin.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) A dove.
5. What is interesting about the mafadet's skin?
(a) It is covered in scars.
(b) It is covered in lion fur.
(c) It is covered in feathers.
(d) It is covered in scales.
6. On what city holiday does Vermishank die?
7. What room number does David frequent while he's in the prostitution part of town?
(a) Room 27.
(b) Room 17.
(c) Room 37.
(d) Room 007.
8. To whom does the parliament clerk send the box of grubs?
(a) Mayor Bentham Rudgutter.
(b) Dr. Magesta Barbile.
(c) Isaac Dan der Grimnebulin.
(d) Montague Vermishank.
9. What is wrong with Yagharek's wings?
(a) They are broken.
(b) They are too heavy to fly.
(c) They are too small to support his weight.
(d) They were removed.
10. What type of gun do most people in New Crobuzan carry with them at all times?
(a) Matchlock pistols.
(b) Flintlock pistols.
(c) Doglock pistols.
(d) Wheellock pistols.
11. What does Isaac do for a living?
(a) He is a mechanic.
(b) He is a librarian.
(c) He is a scientist.
(d) He is unemployed.
12. What do the slake moths feed off of?
(a) Fish and small rodents.
(b) Leaves and berries.
(c) Human flesh.
(d) Whole grains and vegetables.
13. What is the name of the town where Isaac lives?
(a) New Wobuzon.
(b) New Dobuzon.
(c) New Crobuzon.
(d) New Bobuzon.
14. How many slake moths are imprisoned in the abandoned warehouse?
15. What is Derkhan's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vermishank die?
2. Where is Lumlamai when he is attacked by the slake moth?
3. What has David become a spy?
4. Who owns the bar Isaac frequents?
5. What does Mr. Motley have multiples of?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)