|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Isaac and Yagharek believe the larva will become when it emerges from its chrysalis?
(a) A swimming creature.
(b) They have no idea what it will become.
(c) A shrieking creature.
(d) A flying creature.
2. What is a Garuda?
(a) A half-man half-robot creature.
(b) A half-lion half-bird creature.
(c) A half-robot half-lioncreature.
(d) A half-man half-bird creature.
3. What type of creature does Mr. Motley hire as his body guard?
(a) A have snake half-man.
(b) A half-man half-cactus.
(c) A half-bird half-cactus.
(d) A half-bird half-lion.
4. At what time of day do Isaac and Lin finally arise from their bed at the opening of the novel?
(a) 11:00 am.
(b) 1:00 pm.
(c) 12:00 pm.
(d) 10:00 am.
5. What devastating event happened in the year 1545?
(a) Bombs were unleashed.
(b) Nothing significant happened this year.
(c) A terrible drought killed all the livestock.
(d) An earthquake ravished the land.
6. At which restaurant does Lin host her celebratory dinner?
(a) Clock and Cocker.
(b) Daggers and Diamonds.
(c) Bread and Butter.
(d) Hen and Hennesey.
7. What type of animal is a mafadet?
(a) A reptile.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bird.
(d) A fish.
8. What does Ged do for a living?
(a) He is a computer software engineer.
(b) He is a librarian.
(c) He is a militia man.
(d) He is a professor.
9. Whom is Ged talking about when he says, "Completely egalitarian and individualistic"?
(b) All artists.
(d) The Garuda-People.
10. From which department of the government does the parliament clerk receive the box of grubs?
(a) Parks and Recreation.
(b) Animal Management and Control.
(c) Research and Development.
(d) National Security.
11. What does Isaac accidentally explode in his crisis engine?
(a) A goat's leg.
(b) An apple.
(c) A dozen eggs.
(d) A block of cheese.
12. Where have the wings from the Remade Garuda come from?
(a) From a buzzard.
(b) From an eagle.
(c) From a sparrow.
(d) From a pterodactyl.
13. What part of the university does Isaac work for?
(a) The technics department.
(b) The custodial department.
(c) The Physics department.
(d) The English department.
14. What is a construct?
(a) A servant.
(b) All of the answers are true.
(c) A cleaner.
(d) A robot.
15. What is Lemuel's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How big is the slake moth?
2. Which type of energy is Isaac most interested in?
3. How does Yagharek pay Isaac for his work?
4. What type of insect does Isaac find in his bed when he wakes up in the morning?
5. How many slake moths are imprisoned in the abandoned warehouse?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)