|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annabeth give Percy for breakfast in Chapter 12?
2. Where is the object that Ares wants Percy to get for him in Chapter 15?
3. In Chapter 10, how long had Percy been at Half-Blood Hill?
4. Who is Ares' girlfriend married to?
5. In Chapter 15, where did Percy, Annabeth, and Grover last eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what does Luke say is happening at the camp?
2. What do Percy, Annabeth, and Grover see after stumbling around in the woods in Chapter 11?
3. In Chapter 10, what does Percy take with him when he starts the quest?
4. What does the woman look like who greets Percy, Annabeth, and Grover to Aunty Em's Garden Gnome Emporium?
5. What does Annabeth take on the quest in Chapter 10?
6. What does Ares give Percy before they head off to Los Angeles?
7. Who is Nereid and what does she tell Percy in Chapter 17?
8. What does the Santa Monica beach look like when Percy arrives with his companions in Chapter 17?
9. How do Percy and his companions get to Los Angeles from Vegas in Chapter 17?
10. In Chapter 14 as Percy walks ashore, what does he hear a news reporter saying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Annabeth’s mother and Percy’s father are feuding. How does the feud affect the relationship between Annabeth and Percy at first? How do circumstances change how Annabeth and Percy fell about one another in spite of any differences their parents have? How do circumstances change the relationship between Annabeth and Percy?
Essay Topic 2
Sometimes the gods would not acknowledge their half-blood children. What type of relationship did the gods often have with their half-blood children? Why did the gods not pursue a relationship with their children? How did that relationship affect their children and the lives their children led?
Essay Topic 3
Half-Blood Hill was established for demi-gods. Why was the camp established for demi-gods? Why did the demi-gods need protection and how did Half-Blood Hill provide them the protection they needed?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)