|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what birthday did Annabeth's mother give her a magic Yankees cap?
2. What type of vehicle do Percy, Annabeth, and Grover ride in on the way to the city in Chapter 10?
3. How big are the golden drachmas that the camp store loans Percy?
4. Where does the woman in the water in Chapter 14, tell Percy he must go?
5. What does Luke bring Percy to take on the quest in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Percy, Annabeth, and Grover camp at the beginning of Chapter 12?
2. In Chapter 10, what does Percy take with him when he starts the quest?
3. What are the newspapers saying about Percy in Chapter 13?
4. What does Percy see from the window of the train in Chapter 13?
5. What do Percy, Annabeth, and Grover see after stumbling around in the woods in Chapter 11?
6. What does the woman look like who greets Percy, Annabeth, and Grover to Aunty Em's Garden Gnome Emporium?
7. What does Ares look like in Chapter 15?
8. Why are Annabeth and Percy's parents rivals?
9. Who is Nereid and what does she tell Percy in Chapter 17?
10. In Chapter 15, what does Luke say is happening at the camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Percy often feels that he has no control over his life. In what ways does Percy feel he has not control over his life? Why does he decide that he must control his own fate and destiny? How does he gain control over his destiny and how does that affect the outcome of his quest?
Essay Topic 2
Annabeth’s mother and Percy’s father are feuding. How does the feud affect the relationship between Annabeth and Percy at first? How do circumstances change how Annabeth and Percy fell about one another in spite of any differences their parents have? How do circumstances change the relationship between Annabeth and Percy?
Essay Topic 3
Percy is immature at the beginning of the novel. How does Percy mature in the novel? What events and challenges cause him to grow up? How does Percy come of age in the book?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)