|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Grover been the equivalent of a middle school student?
2. Who is Clarisse's father?
3. What does Percy say that Mrs. Dodds always wears?
4. In Chapter 8, when was the last time Zeus had a child?
5. In Chapter 1, what does Percy say is the best grade he ever received?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the monster look like that Percy sees in Chapter 4?
2. How does Percy describe his mother?
3. How did Grover's talk go with Mr. D?
4. Who does Grover say that the old ladies were that Percy saw by the side of the road?
5. How does Percy describe himself in Chapter 1?
6. How does Percy spend his days in Chapter 8?
7. What is it like for Percy when he moves to Cabin 3?
8. Who are Annabeth's parents?
9. How does Annabeth say that you get to Olympus?
10. Who is Percy's father, and how does he discover who his father is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Events were often catalysts for change. What events were catalysts for change throughout the novel? Were these positive or negative catalysts? How did these catalysts affect Percy and the young man he becomes by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Percy trusts almost no one except his mother. Why does Percy have difficult trusting people? What are some events that show his distrust? How does Percy learn to trust and who does he learn to trust? Why is it important for Percy to learn to trust himself and others?
Essay Topic 3
Percy chooses to save himself, Annabeth, and Grover instead of his mother when they are in the Underworld. Does Percy want to save his mother? Why does Percy not choose to save his mother? What is more important than saving his mother and why?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)