|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall is the monster Percy sees after the car explodes in Chapter 4?
2. When did Grover have his first chance to find a new camper and bring him safely to Half-Blood Hill?
3. Where does Percy's mom work?
4. What does Percy say that Mrs. Dodds teaches?
5. Which cabin seems to be made of solid gold at the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Grover and Mr. Brunner discussing when Percy overhears them talking in Chapter 2?
2. What does Percy see when the bus he is riding in Chapter 2, has to stop because of an engine problem?
3. How does Percy describe himself in Chapter 1?
4. What type of freak weather is happening in Chapter 2?
5. What does Percy see when he walks around the farmhouse where he had been staying in Chapter 5?
6. In Chapter 9, what would Dionysus do to Percy if he had his way?
7. Who does Grover say that the old ladies were that Percy saw by the side of the road?
8. What does Percy's stepfather, Gabe, do?
9. How does Percy describe his drink in Chapter 5?
10. What does the mess hall area look like in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Percy not believe in mythological creatures at first? What circumstances and information convince Percy that mythological creatures are real? How does his realization that the creatures are real affect his life?
Essay Topic 2
Percy often feels that he has no control over his life. In what ways does Percy feel he has not control over his life? Why does he decide that he must control his own fate and destiny? How does he gain control over his destiny and how does that affect the outcome of his quest?
Essay Topic 3
Percy is often faced with situations where he has to choose a course of action. Does Percy choose the right and more difficult course of action or does he opt for the easy course of action? How and why does Percy choose to do what is right even if it is more dangerous or difficult?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)