|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, when was the last time Zeus had a child?
2. Where does Percy's mom work?
3. In Chapter 2, who does Percy's class think is the pre-algebra teacher?
4. When did Grover have his first chance to find a new camper and bring him safely to Half-Blood Hill?
5. What is the only thing that Percy excels at in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Grover and what is he like?
2. What type of freak weather is happening in Chapter 2?
3. What does Percy see at the bottom of the lake in Chapter 7?
4. What does Percy see when he walks around the farmhouse where he had been staying in Chapter 5?
5. What does Percy see when the bus he is riding in Chapter 2, has to stop because of an engine problem?
6. How does Percy describe his mother?
7. In Chapter 6, what does Percy see when he looks back at the farmhouse?
8. What are Grover and Mr. Brunner discussing when Percy overhears them talking in Chapter 2?
9. Who does Grover say that the old ladies were that Percy saw by the side of the road?
10. What is it like for Percy when he moves to Cabin 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Percy is immature at the beginning of the novel. How does Percy mature in the novel? What events and challenges cause him to grow up? How does Percy come of age in the book?
Essay Topic 2
The Oracle made a prophesy before Percy left on his quest. What was the prophesy? How was the prophesy fulfilled and how did its fulfillment affect Percy and his companions?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Percy not believe in mythological creatures at first? What circumstances and information convince Percy that mythological creatures are real? How does his realization that the creatures are real affect his life?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)