|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Percy drink for his first dinner in Chapter 7?
2. Where does Percy say that Mrs. Dodds is from?
3. Who is Clarisse's father?
4. What type of car does Gabe have?
5. In Chapter 8, when was the last time Zeus had a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Percy describe his drink in Chapter 5?
2. Who does Grover say that the old ladies were that Percy saw by the side of the road?
3. What does Percy see when he walks around the farmhouse where he had been staying in Chapter 5?
4. Who are Annabeth's parents?
5. How does Annabeth say that you get to Olympus?
6. What is it like for Percy when he moves to Cabin 3?
7. In Chapter 6, why might the Council of Cloven Elders think that Grover did not reach his goal?
8. What are Grover and Mr. Brunner discussing when Percy overhears them talking in Chapter 2?
9. Who is Percy's father, and how does he discover who his father is?
10. What does Percy see when the bus he is riding in Chapter 2, has to stop because of an engine problem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Events were often catalysts for change. What events were catalysts for change throughout the novel? Were these positive or negative catalysts? How did these catalysts affect Percy and the young man he becomes by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Half-Blood Hill was established for demi-gods. Why was the camp established for demi-gods? Why did the demi-gods need protection and how did Half-Blood Hill provide them the protection they needed?
Essay Topic 3
The novel is fantasy. Why is the novel fantasy rather than science fiction?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)