• Percy begins his story with a warning to anyone who believes they might be a half-blood to stop reading immediately.
• Being a half-blood is dangerous and can get you killed, he warns.
• If you are just a normal kid who is reading the book because you think it is fiction, Percy says you can read on.
• Otherwise, stop reading.
• Percy is 12 years old, and he is retelling what happened when he was in sixth grade.
• Percy at the time of the story is a student at a boarding school in upstate New York called Yancy Academy.
• He and his classmates take a field trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
• Mr. Brunner, the Latin teacher gives the museum tour, and he asks some questions about the ancient Greek artifacts.
• When Percy answers some questions, Mr. Brunner tells Percy that what he learns from him is very...
This section contains 4,258 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)