|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Raz's wife?
2. What is the name of Judah Aryeh's wife?
3. How did Mittl die?
(a) From a car accident.
(b) From a heart attack.
(c) From arsenic poisoning.
(d) From a brain aneurysm.
4. Whom does Reuben claim gave him the objects of Jewish worship under torture?
5. The Zohar is associated with that sect of Judaism?
(a) Orthodox Judaism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Jewish sin is considered Judah Aryeh's greatest weakness in the novel?
2. When was Hanna's father invited to create the first Russian language department at the University of New South Wales?
3. By what nickname does Ruti's father call her?
4. By when are the Jews ordered to move from the kingdoms in "Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492"?
5. When he presents the Sarajevo Haggadah to Giovanni, Judah Aryeh claims he obtained the book by what means?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Giovanni Domenico Vistorini introduced in “Wine Stains: Venice, 1609”?
2. What does Reyna de Serena ask of Judah Aryeh in exchange for funds for the Jews in “Wine Stains: Venice, 1609”?
3. What are the repercussions of Reuben Ben Shoushan's confession?
4. What weakness does Judah Aryeh demonstrate in “Wine Stains: Venice, 1609”? What are the repercussions of this weakness?
5. What is the relationship like between David and Joseph Ben Shoushan in the novel?
6. Who is Zahra and how is her character introduced?
7. What has caused Hanna's mother to become hospitalized in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"? Where does Hanna go to see her?
8. What information does Frau Zweig relate to Hanna in “Hanna: London, Spring 1996"?
9. From what Jewish book is the citation that opens “Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492”? How would you describe this book?
10. How is Ruti's relationship with Micha described in the narrative?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)