|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Zahra when she is taken into slavery?
2. Where does Rosa go to hide after watching the bailiff take away her parents?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In a mosque.
(c) In a cemetery.
(d) In a synagogue.
3. What game do Judah Aryeh and Father Vistorini play regarding the censorship of the Sarajevo Haggadah?
(a) A game of lots.
(b) A game of chess.
(c) A game of checkers.
(d) A game of poker.
4. Micha tells the soldier that comes looking for Ruti that she left his shop with a soldier from where in "Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492"?
5. What was the group of Jews called that arrived in Venice after being expelled from Spain and then Portugal by the Catholic monarchs?
(a) The Levantinis.
(b) The Hietzings.
(c) The Galicia.
(d) The Ponentini.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Reyna de Serena flee to come to Venice?
2. What comprises the first part of the Talmud?
3. How much time passed between the day the monarchs signed the edict of expulsion of the Jews and the day they finally ordered its proclamation, according to the narrator in "Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492"?
4. From whom does Reyna de Serena say she obtained the Sarajevo Haggadah?
5. What is the name of Zahra's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Judah Aryeh? What is his relationship with Father Vistorini?
2. Why is Reuben Ben Shoushan arrested? What does he confess to?
3. How is the birth of Rosa's baby described in “Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492”?
4. What information does Hanna learn about her father in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"?
5. Who is Reyna de Serena? How is her character introduced?
6. What weakness does Judah Aryeh demonstrate in “Wine Stains: Venice, 1609”? What are the repercussions of this weakness?
7. What has led to the conflicts that David Ben Shoushan faces in “Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492”?
8. What has caused Hanna's mother to become hospitalized in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"? Where does Hanna go to see her?
9. What are the repercussions of Reuben Ben Shoushan's confession?
10. What does Reyna de Serena ask of Judah Aryeh in exchange for funds for the Jews in “Wine Stains: Venice, 1609”?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)