|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hanna claim to be her favorite food in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"?
(a) Steak tartare.
(b) Ham omelettes.
(c) Roasted whole pig.
(d) King prawn sambal.
2. What type of surgery does Hanna's mother undergo after the car accident in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"?
(a) A back surgery.
(b) A splenectomy.
(c) A hysterectomy.
3. How old is Zahra when she is taken into slavery?
4. How old was the woman who was driving the car that Hanna's mother was in when it crashed?
5. What is the second part of the Talmud called?
(a) The Torah.
(b) The Mishnah.
(c) The Vedas.
(d) The Gemara.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Zahra's father?
2. What was the name of the woman who was driving the car with Hanna's mother in it when she crashed?
3. What is the name of Hanna's mother's secretary?
4. What is the name of David Ben Shoushan's wife?
5. By when are the Jews ordered to move from the kingdoms in "Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rosa manage to escape arrest in “Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492”?
2. Why does Hanna visit the Tate Museum in “Hanna: London, Spring 1996"? What reaction does she have there?
3. What information does Frau Zweig relate to Hanna in “Hanna: London, Spring 1996"?
4. What are the repercussions of Reuben Ben Shoushan's confession?
5. What does the Latin citation that opens “Wine Stains: Venice, 1609” translate to in English? What is indicated by this citation?
6. What is Ruti's relationship with Kabbalah? Why is this scandalous?
7. How is the birth of Rosa's baby described in “Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492”?
8. How is Giovanni Domenico Vistorini introduced in “Wine Stains: Venice, 1609”?
9. What is the relationship like between David and Joseph Ben Shoushan in the novel?
10. Who is Judah Aryeh? What is his relationship with Father Vistorini?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)