|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Raz's wife?
2. What are Hanna and Ozren doing in her dream in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"?
(a) Walking on the beach.
(b) Walking in the woods.
(c) Taking a bath.
(d) Making muffins.
3. For how long has Raz been married in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"?
(a) Six months.
(b) Four years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
4. What does Ruti intend to use to pay for passage on a ship in "Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492"?
(a) Her dowry.
(b) The silver medallion from the book's binding.
(c) The gold that she stole from Rosa's family.
(d) Her uncle's inheritance money.
5. What Jewish sin is considered Judah Aryeh's greatest weakness in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What image appears on the clasp to the Sarajevo Haggadah?
2. How much time passed between the day the monarchs signed the edict of expulsion of the Jews and the day they finally ordered its proclamation, according to the narrator in "Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492"?
3. In what year did Pope Sixtus V proclaim a ban on any books by Jews or Saracens that contained anything against the Catholic Church?
4. When was Hanna's father invited to create the first Russian language department at the University of New South Wales?
5. Who is the doctor that calls Hanna to inform her that her mother is hospitalized in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has caused Hanna's mother to become hospitalized in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"? Where does Hanna go to see her?
2. Why is Reuben Ben Shoushan arrested? What does he confess to?
3. What does Reyna de Serena ask of Judah Aryeh in exchange for funds for the Jews in “Wine Stains: Venice, 1609”?
4. Who is Judah Aryeh? What is his relationship with Father Vistorini?
5. What is the relationship like between David and Joseph Ben Shoushan in the novel?
6. What are the repercussions of Reuben Ben Shoushan's confession?
7. Why does Hanna visit the Tate Museum in “Hanna: London, Spring 1996"? What reaction does she have there?
8. Who is Zahra and how is her character introduced?
9. What information does Frau Zweig relate to Hanna in “Hanna: London, Spring 1996"?
10. How does the narrative style transition from “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996” to “Wine Stains: Venice, 1609”? Why?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)