|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the colleague of Hanna's that has supposedly been in Sarajevo in "Hanna: London, Spring 1996"?
(a) Amitai Yomtov.
(b) Joseph Kohen.
(c) Keith Lowery.
(d) Hamish Sajjan.
2. Micha tells the soldier that comes looking for Ruti that she left his shop with a soldier from where in "Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492"?
3. Where was Hanna's father a professor of Russian language and literature in the U.S.?
(a) Yale University.
(b) New York University.
(c) Boston University.
(d) Harvard University.
4. What is the name of Hanna's mother's secretary?
5. What does Ruti intend to use to pay for passage on a ship in "Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492"?
(a) Her dowry.
(b) The gold that she stole from Rosa's family.
(c) The silver medallion from the book's binding.
(d) Her uncle's inheritance money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hanna's mother being held at the hospital in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"?
2. What was the name of Hanna's father?
3. Who is in the photograph with the woman wearing the silver earring in "Hanna: London, Spring 1996"?
4. What game do Judah Aryeh and Father Vistorini play regarding the censorship of the Sarajevo Haggadah?
5. When was Hanna's father invited to create the first Russian language department at the University of New South Wales?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Hanna learn about her father in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"?
2. Why does Hanna visit the Tate Museum in “Hanna: London, Spring 1996"? What reaction does she have there?
3. Why is Reuben Ben Shoushan arrested? What does he confess to?
4. What has caused Hanna's mother to become hospitalized in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"? Where does Hanna go to see her?
5. What does the Latin citation that opens “Wine Stains: Venice, 1609” translate to in English? What is indicated by this citation?
6. How does the narrative style transition from “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996” to “Wine Stains: Venice, 1609”? Why?
7. What is unique about the hair that has been analyzed from the Sarajevo Haggadah?
8. How does Rosa manage to escape arrest in “Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492”?
9. Who is Judah Aryeh? What is his relationship with Father Vistorini?
10. How does Ruti come to learn that the soldiers are seeking her for arrest in “Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492”?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)