|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what language does Serif speak to Stela in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
2. When was the Sarajevo Haggadah last bound, according to the narrator in “Hanna: Sarajevo, Spring 1996”?
(a) The 1850s.
(b) The 1890s.
(c) The 1780s.
(d) The 1910s.
3. Where was the Sarajevo Haggadah created?
4. What is the name of Stela's son?
5. Where did Hanna spend six months learning how to properly mix wheat paste?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Sarajevo Haggadah sold to the National Museum in Sarajevo?
2. About how old is Munib described as when Lola first sees him in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
3. Who sold the Sarajevo Haggadah to the National Museum in Sarajevo?
4. What building does Lola make her way to in Sarajevo that her father once worked in, in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
5. When did the Hapsburgs annex Bosnia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrative style of the novel change in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"? Why do you think the author makes this change?
2. What is the Sarajevo Haggadah? When and where was it created? Why is it valued?
3. Describe Hanna's character in the novel. How old is Hanna? What is her focus of expertise?
4. What causes Hanna the guilt that she feels regarding Ozren in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996"?
5. Describe the narrative style established in “Hanna: Sarajevo, Spring 1996.” From whose perspective is this chapter related? Why?
6. Who is Razmus Kanaha? How does Hanna know this character?
7. How does Hanna describe her coming to work with Werner Heinrich initially in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996"?
8. Who is Werner Heinrich and what is his relationship to Hanna?
9. Where does Lola go in Sarajevo when she returns in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940”? Who does she meet there and how does this character help Lola?
10. How would you describe the relationship between Hanna and Dr. Karaman in “Hanna: Sarajevo, Spring 1996”?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)