|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the chief archivist at the Historisches Museum der Stadt Wien?
(a) Jim Bardayal.
(b) Amitai Yomtov.
(c) Hamish Sajjan.
(d) Frau Zweig.
2. Who wrote the book My Youth in Vienna that Heinlich reads from to Hanna in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
(a) Joseph Kohen.
(b) Hamish Sajjan.
(c) Jim Bardayal.
(d) Arthur Schnitzler.
3. Whose mathematical text is taken out and presented to General Faber at the museum in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
(a) Elia Mizrahi's.
(b) Yad Vashem's.
(c) Albert Einstein's.
4. What is Hanna's mother's profession?
(a) She is a painter.
(b) She is a banker.
(c) She is a sculptor.
(d) She is a neurosurgeon.
5. What makes the Sarajevo Haggadah so rare and unusual?
(a) The style of the artistry in the book did not appear for over a hundred years later than it is dated.
(b) Jews believed that illustrations violated God's Commandments at this time.
(c) The statements made in the book go against Jewish law.
(d) The book was created and bound in a way that broke kosher Jewish laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hanna describe as the source of the blue pigment in the panels of the Sarajevo Haggadah?
2. What does Hanna describe the parchments of the Sarajevo Haggadah having been made of in her assessment of them?
3. In what language does Serif speak to Stela in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
4. What kind of cake is described as Werner's favorite in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
5. What is the name of Stela's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What notations does Hanna make during her inspection of the Sarajevo Haggadah? What samples does she take?
2. Who is Frau Zweig and how is her character introduced in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996"?
3. Why has Hanna come to Sarajevo in “Hanna: Sarajevo, Spring 1996”? Who accompanies her? What is Hanna's objective in this chapter?
4. How does Hanna describe her coming to work with Werner Heinrich initially in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996"?
5. Who is Lola and how is her character introduced in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
6. How is the setting of Vienna described in Part V of “Hanna: Sarajevo, Spring 1996”? Why does Hanna go there?
7. Who is Franz Hirschfeldt? How is his character described in “Feathers and a Rose: Vienna, 1894"?
8. What actions does Serif Kabal take to save the Sarajevo Haggadah?
9. Who is Razmus Kanaha? How does Hanna know this character?
10. How would you describe the relationship between Hanna and her mother?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)