|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what subjects did Hanna earn double-honors degrees in college?
(a) English Literature and Biology.
(b) Archeology and Art Preservation.
(c) Chemistry and ancient Near Eastern languages.
(d) History and ancient Near Eastern languages.
2. Who wrote the book My Youth in Vienna that Heinlich reads from to Hanna in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
(a) Hamish Sajjan.
(b) Joseph Kohen.
(c) Jim Bardayal.
(d) Arthur Schnitzler.
3. Who takes Lola to the National Museum in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
4. What kind of cake is described as Werner's favorite in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
(b) Waves of the Danube cake.
(c) Cherry cheesecake.
(d) Strawberry shortcake.
5. What is Amalie Sutter's profession?
(a) She is an art historian.
(b) She is a entomologist.
(c) She is an archeologist.
(d) She is a forensics specialist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose mathematical text is taken out and presented to General Faber at the museum in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
2. What is Serif's last name in the novel?
3. What is General Faber said to be the commander of in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
4. Who is Hanna's former teacher and the leading Hebrew manuscripts specialist in the world?
5. Serif tells Stela that he has arranged for Lola to go with a friend of his where due to the danger of sheltering a Jew in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Hanna the guilt that she feels regarding Ozren in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996"?
2. What theory does Dr. Heinrich present regarding the binding on the Sarajevo Haggadah?
3. What notations does Hanna make during her inspection of the Sarajevo Haggadah? What samples does she take?
4. What is the Sarajevo Haggadah? When and where was it created? Why is it valued?
5. Who is Franz Hirschfeldt? How is his character described in “Feathers and a Rose: Vienna, 1894"?
6. Who is Lola and how is her character introduced in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
7. How is life in the Kabal family home described in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940”?
8. How does Hanna describe her coming to work with Werner Heinrich initially in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996"?
9. Who is Frau Zweig and how is her character introduced in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996"?
10. What information does Frau Zweig relate about Mittl in "Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996"?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)