|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Dr. Heinrich's apartment described in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
2. Where does Munib's father hide the haggadah in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
(a) In the floorboards of his home.
(b) In a Muslim cemetery.
(c) In the library of the mosque.
(d) In a Jewish cemetery.
3. How are the book clasps to the Sarajevo Haggadah described in the report that Hanna reads in the archives in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
(a) "Rusted and worn."
(b) "Water-damaged and rusted."
(c) "Cheap and faulty."
(d) "Extraordinarily beautiful."
4. Where is Hanna's home?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) Boston, U.S.
(c) New York, U.S.
(d) Sydney, Australia.
5. What word in the novel refers to an elementary school run by Sephardic Jews?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the report by the ancient Near-Eastern manuscripts specialist that Hanna reads at the archives in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
2. What word from “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996” means having or showing great knowledge or learning?
3. When did the Sarajevo seige begin in the Bosnian War?
4. Where was the Sarajevo Haggadah last bound, according to the narrator in “Hanna: Sarajevo, Spring 1996”?
5. What kind of cake is described as Werner's favorite in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Serif and Stela Kamal and how does Lola know them?
2. What causes Hanna the guilt that she feels regarding Ozren in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996"?
3. Describe Hanna's character in the novel. How old is Hanna? What is her focus of expertise?
4. Who is Frau Zweig and how is her character introduced in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996"?
5. Who is Isak and what is his relationship to Lola? What happens to Isak?
6. Who is Lola and how is her character introduced in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
7. How is life in the Kabal family home described in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940”?
8. Describe the narrative style established in “Hanna: Sarajevo, Spring 1996.” From whose perspective is this chapter related? Why?
9. What actions does Serif Kabal take to save the Sarajevo Haggadah?
10. How would you describe the relationship between Hanna and her mother?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)