|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of David Ben Shoushan's wife?
2. Where was Hanna's father a professor of Russian language and literature in the U.S.?
(a) New York University.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Boston University.
3. What is the name of Raz's wife?
4. What pope had claimed, "I am pope everywhere except in Venice," according to the narrator in “Wine Stains: Venice, 1609”?
(a) Pope Gregory XIII.
(b) Pope Pius XI.
(c) Pope Benedict XVI.
(d) Pope John XXIII.
5. Where is Hanna's mother being held at the hospital in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"?
(a) Bellevue Hospital.
(b) Mount Auburn Hospital.
(c) St. Mary's Hospital.
(d) Mount Zion Hospital.
6. In what year was the queen's confessor, Tomas de Torquemada named Grand Inquisitor of the Holy Inquisition?
7. Where does Rosa go to hide after watching the bailiff take away her parents?
(a) In a synagogue.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In a mosque.
(d) In a cemetery.
8. What is the name of David Ben Shoushan's brother?
9. What was the name of Hanna's father?
(a) Aaron Sharansky.
(b) Werner Heinrich.
(c) Dr. Josip Boscovic.
(d) Arthur Schnitzler.
10. What is the name of Judah Aryeh's wife?
11. Who is in the photograph with the woman wearing the silver earring in "Hanna: London, Spring 1996"?
(a) Delilah Sharanksy and her husband.
(b) Serif and Stela Kamal.
(c) Arthur Schnitzler.
(d) Dr. Hirschfeldt and his wife.
12. By what nickname does Ruti's father call her?
13. How old was Hanna's father when he died?
14. Who has sent Hanna the photograph of the woman with the silver earring in "Hanna: London, Spring 1996"?
(a) Frau Zweig.
(b) Arthur Schnitzler.
(c) Werner Heinrich.
(d) Ozren Karaman.
15. What comprises the first part of the Talmud?
(a) The Vedas.
(b) The Gemara.
(c) The Mishnah.
(d) The Torah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Zohar translate to?
2. The Zohar is associated with that sect of Judaism?
3. In what year did Pope Sixtus V proclaim a ban on any books by Jews or Saracens that contained anything against the Catholic Church?
4. In what color is David's body clad in for burial in "Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492"?
5. How old is Zahra when she is taken into slavery?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)