|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Hanna's father when he died?
2. What game do Judah Aryeh and Father Vistorini play regarding the censorship of the Sarajevo Haggadah?
(a) A game of chess.
(b) A game of checkers.
(c) A game of poker.
(d) A game of lots.
3. By when are the Jews ordered to move from the kingdoms in "Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492"?
(a) By the end of July, 1492.
(b) By the end of June, 1493.
(c) By the end of December, 1492.
(d) By the end of August, 1493.
4. By what nickname does Ruti's father call her?
5. How did Mittl die?
(a) From a car accident.
(b) From arsenic poisoning.
(c) From a heart attack.
(d) From a brain aneurysm.
6. Who is the altar boy that lingers after Father Giovanni's Mass in the beginning of “Wine Stains: Venice, 1609”?
7. Who was the Jewish Rabbi that pressed the case for the Jews and had arranged the queen's secret marriage to Ferdinand, according to the narrator in "Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492"?
(a) Rabbi Yad Vashem.
(b) Rabbi Arthur Schnitzler.
(c) Rabbi Jim Bardayal.
(d) Rabbi Abraham Seneor.
8. What is the name of David Ben Shoushan's brother?
9. How old was Father Giovanni Vistorini when he came to Venice?
10. Where does David Ben Shoushan live with his family in 1492?
11. How many commandments comprise the Talmud?
12. What was the name of the woman who was driving the car with Hanna's mother in it when she crashed?
(a) Anna Heinrich.
(b) Delilah Sharansky.
(c) Stela Kamal.
(d) Frau Zweig.
13. How does the rabbi explain the principle use of kosher salt to Hanna in "Hanna: London, Spring 1996"?
(a) It is used to sprinkle on the table before eating.
(b) It is used to keep away evil spirits.
(c) It is used to bless the food before eating.
(d) It is used to brine meat to remove blood.
14. How old was the woman who was driving the car that Hanna's mother was in when it crashed?
15. How far pregnant was Hanna's mother when Hanna's father died?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Seven months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second part of the Talmud called?
2. Where is Hanna's mother being held at the hospital in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"?
3. In what year did Pope Sixtus V proclaim a ban on any books by Jews or Saracens that contained anything against the Catholic Church?
4. To what city does Reyna de Serena say she is going when she leaves Venice in “Wine Stains: Venice, 1609”?
5. Who is the doctor that calls Hanna to inform her that her mother is hospitalized in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)