|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Christian name that Reuben takes when he converts to Christianity?
(a) Renato del Salvador.
(b) Joseph Anderson.
(c) Arthur Frisole.
(d) Jim Bardayal.
2. How far pregnant was Hanna's mother when Hanna's father died?
(a) Two months.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Four months.
3. What does Hanna claim to be her favorite food in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"?
(a) Steak tartare.
(b) Ham omelettes.
(c) King prawn sambal.
(d) Roasted whole pig.
4. From what animal is the hair that was found on the Sarajevo Haggadah, according to the analyst?
(a) It is from a dog.
(b) It is from a weasel.
(c) It is from a cat.
(d) It is from a squirrel.
5. Who is the colleague of Hanna's that has supposedly been in Sarajevo in "Hanna: London, Spring 1996"?
(a) Joseph Kohen.
(b) Keith Lowery.
(c) Amitai Yomtov.
(d) Hamish Sajjan.
6. What was the name of the woman who was driving the car with Hanna's mother in it when she crashed?
(a) Frau Zweig.
(b) Anna Heinrich.
(c) Stela Kamal.
(d) Delilah Sharansky.
7. What comprises the first part of the Talmud?
(a) The Gemara.
(b) The Vedas.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Mishnah.
8. The Zohar is associated with that sect of Judaism?
(b) Orthodox Judaism.
9. When was Hanna's father born?
10. What does the Zohar translate to?
(a) The Book of Prayer.
(b) The Book of Silence.
(c) The Book of Splendor.
(d) The Book of Secrets.
11. Whom does Reuben claim gave him the objects of Jewish worship under torture?
12. What is the name of David Ben Shoushan's brother?
13. Who is the doctor that calls Hanna to inform her that her mother is hospitalized in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"?
(a) Dr. Josip Boscovic.
(b) Dr. Max Friosole.
(c) Dr. Keith Lowery.
(d) Dr. Werner Heinrich.
14. What is the name of Hanna's mother's secretary?
15. What game do Judah Aryeh and Father Vistorini play regarding the censorship of the Sarajevo Haggadah?
(a) A game of poker.
(b) A game of chess.
(c) A game of checkers.
(d) A game of lots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hanna's mother being held at the hospital in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"?
2. Who was the Jewish Rabbi that pressed the case for the Jews and had arranged the queen's secret marriage to Ferdinand, according to the narrator in "Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492"?
3. How does the rabbi explain the principle use of kosher salt to Hanna in "Hanna: London, Spring 1996"?
4. What is the name of the bookbinder that Ruti becomes involved with?
5. How many commandments comprise the Talmud?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)