|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the first Jews to settle in Venice in 1516?
(a) Polish pawnbrokers.
(b) Russian bankers.
(c) Russian field workers.
(d) German loan bankers.
2. In what year was the queen's confessor, Tomas de Torquemada named Grand Inquisitor of the Holy Inquisition?
3. What is the name of David Ben Shoushan's brother?
4. Where was Hanna's father a professor of Russian language and literature in the U.S.?
(a) New York University.
(b) Boston University.
(c) Yale University.
(d) Harvard University.
5. When was Hanna's father born?
6. What was the name of the woman who was driving the car with Hanna's mother in it when she crashed?
(a) Delilah Sharansky.
(b) Frau Zweig.
(c) Anna Heinrich.
(d) Stela Kamal.
7. What type of surgery does Hanna's mother undergo after the car accident in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"?
(a) A back surgery.
(b) A splenectomy.
(d) A hysterectomy.
8. What is the name of Judah Aryeh's wife?
9. From what animal is the hair that was found on the Sarajevo Haggadah, according to the analyst?
(a) It is from a squirrel.
(b) It is from a weasel.
(c) It is from a cat.
(d) It is from a dog.
10. Where did Reyna de Serena flee to come to Venice?
11. Who is in the photograph with the woman wearing the silver earring in "Hanna: London, Spring 1996"?
(a) Delilah Sharanksy and her husband.
(b) Arthur Schnitzler.
(c) Dr. Hirschfeldt and his wife.
(d) Serif and Stela Kamal.
12. What does Hanna claim to be her favorite food in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"?
(a) Ham omelettes.
(b) Steak tartare.
(c) King prawn sambal.
(d) Roasted whole pig.
13. When he presents the Sarajevo Haggadah to Giovanni, Judah Aryeh claims he obtained the book by what means?
(a) By buying it from an artist.
(b) By making it himself.
(c) By inheriting it from his grandfather.
(d) By winning a game of chess.
14. What does the Zohar translate to?
(a) The Book of Secrets.
(b) The Book of Silence.
(c) The Book of Prayer.
(d) The Book of Splendor.
15. Who is the doctor that calls Hanna to inform her that her mother is hospitalized in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"?
(a) Dr. Keith Lowery.
(b) Dr. Max Friosole.
(c) Dr. Josip Boscovic.
(d) Dr. Werner Heinrich.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Zohar is associated with that sect of Judaism?
2. Who is Hanna's friend that offers her a cottage in Hampstead in "Hanna: London, Spring 1996"?
3. Where does Raz's wife hold an assistant professorship teaching poetry in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"?
4. How did Mittl die?
5. How old was the woman who was driving the car that Hanna's mother was in when it crashed?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)