|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Serif tells Stela that he has arranged for Lola to go with a friend of his where due to the danger of sheltering a Jew in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
(a) To the French zone.
(b) To the Italian zone.
(c) To Canada.
(d) To the United States.
2. Who is Hanna's former teacher and the leading Hebrew manuscripts specialist in the world?
(a) Werner Heinrich.
(b) Jim Bardayal.
(c) Yad Vashem.
(d) Joseph Kohen.
3. Where does Munib's father hide the haggadah in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
(a) In a Jewish cemetery.
(b) In the library of the mosque.
(c) In the floorboards of his home.
(d) In a Muslim cemetery.
4. On what day of the week is the Muslim Sabbath?
5. What happens to Isak's foot in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
(a) It becomes afflicted by frostbite.
(b) It is severed by machinery.
(c) It is blown off by a land mine.
(d) It is shot by a soldier.
6. What is the name of Lola's little sister?
7. What was the name of Karaman's wife?
8. Who wrote the report analyzing the Sarajevo Haggadah and describing the binding, that Hanna reads in the archives in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
(a) M. Martell.
(b) J. Branko.
(c) Dr. Josip Boscovic.
(d) Werner Heinrich.
9. What is Serif's last name in the novel?
10. What does Hanna describe as the source of the blue pigment in the panels of the Sarajevo Haggadah?
(a) Lapis lazuli.
(d) Squid ink.
11. In what area did Hanna earn her PhD?
(a) Fine art conservation.
(c) American History.
(d) Ancient Near Eastern languages.
12. Where did Hanna spend six months learning how to properly mix wheat paste?
13. Who was the ancient Near-Eastern manuscripts specialist whose report Hanna reads at the archives in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
(a) Herman Rothschild.
(b) Werner Heinrich.
(c) Joseph Kohen.
(d) Yad Vashem.
14. In what language does Serif speak to Stela in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
15. In what subject did Hanna earn her master's degree?
(a) Ancient Near Eastern languages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What genus of butterfly is the wing from the Sarajevo Haggadah said to be in Hanna's narrative?
2. Around what two things is life organized in Serif's home?
3. From what had Lola sewn her Partisan fatiques?
4. What is General Faber said to be the commander of in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
5. What word in the novel refers to an elementary school run by Sephardic Jews?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)