|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day of the week is the Muslim Sabbath?
2. What genus of butterfly is the wing from the Sarajevo Haggadah said to be in Hanna's narrative?
3. Serif tells Stela that he has arranged for Lola to go with a friend of his where due to the danger of sheltering a Jew in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
(a) To the Italian zone.
(b) To Canada.
(c) To the United States.
(d) To the French zone.
4. Where was Dr. Heinrich's family killed in a fire-bombing during WWII?
5. When was the Sarajevo Haggadah sold to the National Museum in Sarajevo?
6. Who is the head of the museum library that is said to have saved the Sarajevo Haggadah during the Bosnian War in the novel?
(a) Joseph Kohen.
(b) Jim Bardayal.
(c) Yad Vashem.
(d) Ozren Karaman.
7. What makes the Sarajevo Haggadah so rare and unusual?
(a) The style of the artistry in the book did not appear for over a hundred years later than it is dated.
(b) Jews believed that illustrations violated God's Commandments at this time.
(c) The book was created and bound in a way that broke kosher Jewish laws.
(d) The statements made in the book go against Jewish law.
8. What does Hanna describe the parchments of the Sarajevo Haggadah having been made of in her assessment of them?
(a) An Italian type of ancient cow.
(b) A Spanish mountain sheep.
(c) Goatskin from northern Africa.
(d) A Spanish goat.
9. When does the inscription in the Sarajevo Haggadah suggest that it was surveyed by Giovanni Domenico Vistorini?
10. What kind of cake is described as Werner's favorite in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
(a) Strawberry shortcake.
(c) Cherry cheesecake.
(d) Waves of the Danube cake.
11. In what subject did Hanna earn her master's degree?
(b) Ancient Near Eastern languages.
12. What is the name of Karaman's child?
13. Where was the Sarajevo Haggadah last bound, according to the narrator in “Hanna: Sarajevo, Spring 1996”?
14. Who is Hanna's former teacher and the leading Hebrew manuscripts specialist in the world?
(a) Yad Vashem.
(b) Joseph Kohen.
(c) Werner Heinrich.
(d) Jim Bardayal.
15. What is the name of Lola's little sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as Serif's superior at the museum in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
2. How long is the report by the ancient Near-Eastern manuscripts specialist that Hanna reads at the archives in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
3. Who wrote the report analyzing the Sarajevo Haggadah and describing the binding, that Hanna reads in the archives in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
4. Where is Hanna's home?
5. Who was the ancient Near-Eastern manuscripts specialist whose report Hanna reads at the archives in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)