|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Isak's foot in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
(a) It is blown off by a land mine.
(b) It becomes afflicted by frostbite.
(c) It is shot by a soldier.
(d) It is severed by machinery.
2. In what subject did Hanna earn her master's degree?
(d) Ancient Near Eastern languages.
3. What does Hanna describe as the source of the blue pigment in the panels of the Sarajevo Haggadah?
(a) Squid ink.
(d) Lapis lazuli.
4. Where is Hanna's home?
(a) New York, U.S.
(b) Sydney, Australia.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Boston, U.S.
5. What is the name of Karaman's child?
6. Where was Dr. Heinrich's family killed in a fire-bombing during WWII?
7. What is Hanna's mother's profession?
(a) She is a neurosurgeon.
(b) She is a sculptor.
(c) She is a painter.
(d) She is a banker.
8. What kind of cake is described as Werner's favorite in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
(a) Cherry cheesecake.
(b) Waves of the Danube cake.
(c) Strawberry shortcake.
9. Where was the Sarajevo Haggadah created?
10. What does Hanna describe as the source of the yellow pigment in the illustrations of the Sarajevo Haggadah?
11. What organization has Lola just attended a meeting of in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
(a) The French Resistance.
(b) The Young Guardians.
(c) The White Underground.
(d) The Black Riders.
12. Where does Hanna go to first see the Sarajevo Haggadah in “Hanna: Sarajevo, Spring 1996”?
(a) A library.
(b) A museum.
(c) A royal court.
(d) A bank vault.
13. How does Hanna describe the handwriting in the report by the ancient Near-Eastern manuscripts specialist that Hanna reads at the archives in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
(a) In fancy, elaborate cursive.
(b) It is typed.
(c) Neat and printed.
(d) Almost illegible.
14. What was the name of Karaman's wife?
15. What does the abbreviation K.u.K. stand for in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
(a) Kreistler and Kensington.
(b) Kaiserlich and Koniglich.
(c) Kristler and Kurriour.
(d) Kristoff and Kreitzer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Isak commit suicide in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
2. Whose mathematical text is taken out and presented to General Faber at the museum in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
3. Where does Munib's father hide the haggadah in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
4. What is Serif's last name in the novel?
5. What is General Faber said to be the commander of in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)