|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is General Faber said to be the commander of in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
(a) The Nazi Party.
(b) The Youth Guard.
(c) The Black Hand units.
(d) The White Horse units.
2. The word "haggadah" is from the Hebrew root word "hgd" which means what?
(a) To listen.
(b) To tell.
(c) To love.
(d) To worship.
3. What river is described in the opening of “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
(a) The Vibas River.
(b) The Miljacka River.
(c) The Ganges River.
(d) The Neretva River.
4. In what language does Serif speak to Stela in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
5. What is Hanna's mother's profession?
(a) She is a sculptor.
(b) She is a neurosurgeon.
(c) She is a banker.
(d) She is a painter.
6. What makes the Sarajevo Haggadah so rare and unusual?
(a) The style of the artistry in the book did not appear for over a hundred years later than it is dated.
(b) Jews believed that illustrations violated God's Commandments at this time.
(c) The book was created and bound in a way that broke kosher Jewish laws.
(d) The statements made in the book go against Jewish law.
7. Who is Hanna's former teacher and the leading Hebrew manuscripts specialist in the world?
(a) Joseph Kohen.
(b) Werner Heinrich.
(c) Yad Vashem.
(d) Jim Bardayal.
8. Who sold the Sarajevo Haggadah to the National Museum in Sarajevo?
(a) Ozren Karaman.
(b) Jim Bardayal.
(c) Joseph Kohen.
(d) Yad Vashem.
9. What organization has Lola just attended a meeting of in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
(a) The French Resistance.
(b) The Black Riders.
(c) The White Underground.
(d) The Young Guardians.
10. How old is Dr. Heinrich when Hanna visits him in 1996?
11. Where is Hanna's home?
(a) Sydney, Australia.
(b) New York, U.S.
(c) Boston, U.S.
(d) Paris, France.
12. What kind of cake is described as Werner's favorite in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
(a) Cherry cheesecake.
(b) Strawberry shortcake.
(d) Waves of the Danube cake.
13. In what neighborhood do Karaman and Hanna go to dinner in Part III of “Hanna: Sarajevo, Spring 1996”?
(a) Long Shore.
(b) Old City.
(c) New City.
14. Who is the head of the museum library that is said to have saved the Sarajevo Haggadah during the Bosnian War in the novel?
(a) Yad Vashem.
(b) Jim Bardayal.
(c) Ozren Karaman.
(d) Joseph Kohen.
15. What genus of butterfly is the wing from the Sarajevo Haggadah said to be in Hanna's narrative?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the book My Youth in Vienna that Heinlich reads from to Hanna in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
2. Who takes Lola to the National Museum in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
3. What is the name of Karaman's child?
4. Where was Dr. Heinrich's family killed in a fire-bombing during WWII?
5. Who calls Hanna to tell her that the Sarajevo Haggadah has shown up in “Hanna: Sarajevo, Spring 1996”?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)