|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “Hanna: Sarajevo, Spring 1996” – “Hanna: Arnhem Land, Gunumeleng, 2002”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the woman who was driving the car that Hanna's mother was in when it crashed?
2. What building does Lola make her way to in Sarajevo that her father once worked in, in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
(a) The mosque.
(b) The finance ministry.
(c) The synagogue.
(d) The art museum.
3. Where does Lola say she spent the rest of World War II safely after she escaped genocide?
(a) In the United States.
(b) In the French zone.
(c) In the Italian zone.
(d) In Mexico.
4. Who was the ancient Near-Eastern manuscripts specialist whose report Hanna reads at the archives in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
(a) Joseph Kohen.
(b) Herman Rothschild.
(c) Werner Heinrich.
(d) Yad Vashem.
5. What image appears on the clasp to the Sarajevo Haggadah?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hanna's former teacher and the leading Hebrew manuscripts specialist in the world?
2. What is the name of David Ben Shoushan's wife?
3. Who has sent Hanna the photograph of the woman with the silver earring in "Hanna: London, Spring 1996"?
4. How many commandments comprise the Talmud?
5. What pope had claimed, "I am pope everywhere except in Venice," according to the narrator in “Wine Stains: Venice, 1609”?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)