|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “Hanna: Sarajevo, Spring 1996” – “Hanna: Arnhem Land, Gunumeleng, 2002”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lola pretend to be in order to stay with Serif and Stela?
(a) Stela's sister.
(b) Serif's niece.
(c) Stela's cousin.
(d) A maid.
2. What Muslim name do Serif and Stela give to Lola while she stays with them?
3. Where is Hanna's home?
(a) Boston, U.S.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Sydney, Australia.
(d) New York, U.S.
4. About how old is Munib described as when Lola first sees him in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
5. Whom does Hanna accuse of having stolen the original Sarajevo Haggadah in “Hanna: Sarajevo, Spring 1996”?
(a) Amitai Yomtov.
(b) Jim Bardayal.
(c) Hamish Sajjan.
(d) Delilah Sharanksy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second part of the Talmud called?
2. In what subjects did Hanna earn double-honors degrees in college?
3. Where did Reyna de Serena flee to come to Venice?
4. What word in the novel refers to an elementary school run by Sephardic Jews?
5. What is the focus of the report by the ancient Near-Eastern manuscripts specialist that Hanna reads at the archives in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)