|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492” (continued) – “A White Hair: Seville, 1480”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Isak's foot in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
(a) It becomes afflicted by frostbite.
(b) It is blown off by a land mine.
(c) It is severed by machinery.
(d) It is shot by a soldier.
2. What does Hanna learn when she finally reaches Ozren's apartment on the phone in "Hanna: London, Spring 1996"?
(a) She learns the Sarajevo Haggadah has been stolen.
(b) She learns the Sarajevo Haggadah has been destroyed by bombing.
(c) She learns her mother has died.
(d) She learns that Alia has died.
3. Who is Hanna's former teacher and the leading Hebrew manuscripts specialist in the world?
(a) Werner Heinrich.
(b) Joseph Kohen.
(c) Jim Bardayal.
(d) Yad Vashem.
4. What is General Faber said to be the commander of in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
(a) The Youth Guard.
(b) The White Horse units.
(c) The Black Hand units.
(d) The Nazi Party.
5. How many commandments comprise the Talmud?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hanna describe the parchments of the Sarajevo Haggadah having been made of in her assessment of them?
2. Who sold the Sarajevo Haggadah to the National Museum in Sarajevo?
3. By what nickname does Ruti's father call her?
4. When was the Sarajevo Haggadah last bound, according to the narrator in “Hanna: Sarajevo, Spring 1996”?
5. In what year was the queen's confessor, Tomas de Torquemada named Grand Inquisitor of the Holy Inquisition?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)