|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “Wine Stains: Venice, 1609” – “Saltwater: Tarragona, 1492”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Hanna's father invited to create the first Russian language department at the University of New South Wales?
2. Who wrote the report analyzing the Sarajevo Haggadah and describing the binding, that Hanna reads in the archives in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
(a) Werner Heinrich.
(b) Dr. Josip Boscovic.
(c) M. Martell.
(d) J. Branko.
3. What does Hanna describe as the source of the blue pigment in the panels of the Sarajevo Haggadah?
(b) Lapis lazuli.
(c) Squid ink.
4. Where does Hanna go to first see the Sarajevo Haggadah in “Hanna: Sarajevo, Spring 1996”?
(a) A royal court.
(b) A library.
(c) A bank vault.
(d) A museum.
5. What building does Lola make her way to in Sarajevo that her father once worked in, in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
(a) The synagogue.
(b) The mosque.
(c) The finance ministry.
(d) The art museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the inscription in the Sarajevo Haggadah suggest that it was surveyed by Giovanni Domenico Vistorini?
2. Who is the altar boy that lingers after Father Giovanni's Mass in the beginning of “Wine Stains: Venice, 1609”?
3. In what neighborhood do Karaman and Hanna go to dinner in Part III of “Hanna: Sarajevo, Spring 1996”?
4. Where does Raz's wife hold an assistant professorship teaching poetry in "Hanna: Boston, Spring 1996"?
5. In what year did Pope Sixtus V proclaim a ban on any books by Jews or Saracens that contained anything against the Catholic Church?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)