|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940” (continued) – “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What building does Lola make her way to in Sarajevo that her father once worked in, in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
(a) The art museum.
(b) The finance ministry.
(c) The synagogue.
(d) The mosque.
2. What was the name of Karaman's wife?
3. Where does Hanna go to first see the Sarajevo Haggadah in “Hanna: Sarajevo, Spring 1996”?
(a) A royal court.
(b) A museum.
(c) A library.
(d) A bank vault.
4. How does the narrative style of the novel change in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
(a) The narrative shifts from first-person to third-person.
(b) The narrative shifts from third-person to second-person.
(c) The narrative shifts from second-person to first-person.
(d) The narrative shifts from third-person to first-person.
5. The word "haggadah" is from the Hebrew root word "hgd" which means what?
(a) To love.
(b) To tell.
(c) To listen.
(d) To worship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the saltwater used at the seder table represent?
2. What does Hanna order for dinner when she goes out with Karaman in “Hanna: Sarajevo, Spring 1996”?
3. What word in the novel refers to an elementary school run by Sephardic Jews?
4. Where was the Sarajevo Haggadah created?
5. Where was Dr. Heinrich's family killed in a fire-bombing during WWII?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)