|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940” (continued) – “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Hapsburgs annex Bosnia?
2. What is Hanna's mother's profession?
(a) She is a banker.
(b) She is a painter.
(c) She is a sculptor.
(d) She is a neurosurgeon.
3. Who is Hanna's former teacher and the leading Hebrew manuscripts specialist in the world?
(a) Joseph Kohen.
(b) Werner Heinrich.
(c) Jim Bardayal.
(d) Yad Vashem.
4. What makes the Sarajevo Haggadah so rare and unusual?
(a) The book was created and bound in a way that broke kosher Jewish laws.
(b) The style of the artistry in the book did not appear for over a hundred years later than it is dated.
(c) The statements made in the book go against Jewish law.
(d) Jews believed that illustrations violated God's Commandments at this time.
5. What Muslim name do Serif and Stela give to Lola while she stays with them?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the report by the ancient Near-Eastern manuscripts specialist that Hanna reads at the archives in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
2. Where was Dr. Heinrich's family killed in a fire-bombing during WWII?
3. Where did Hanna earn her PhD?
4. Who sold the Sarajevo Haggadah to the National Museum in Sarajevo?
5. How does Hanna describe the handwriting in the report by the ancient Near-Eastern manuscripts specialist that Hanna reads at the archives in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)