|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940” (continued) – “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hanna describe as the source of the yellow pigment in the illustrations of the Sarajevo Haggadah?
2. What building does Lola make her way to in Sarajevo that her father once worked in, in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
(a) The art museum.
(b) The mosque.
(c) The finance ministry.
(d) The synagogue.
3. How are the book clasps to the Sarajevo Haggadah described in the report that Hanna reads in the archives in “Hanna: Vienna, Spring 1996”?
(a) "Water-damaged and rusted."
(b) "Extraordinarily beautiful."
(c) "Rusted and worn."
(d) "Cheap and faulty."
4. Where does Munib's father hide the haggadah in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
(a) In the floorboards of his home.
(b) In the library of the mosque.
(c) In a Muslim cemetery.
(d) In a Jewish cemetery.
5. Serif tells Stela that he has arranged for Lola to go with a friend of his where due to the danger of sheltering a Jew in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
(a) To the French zone.
(b) To the Italian zone.
(c) To Canada.
(d) To the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what language does Serif speak to Stela in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
2. When did the Sarajevo seige begin in the Bosnian War?
3. Around what two things is life organized in Serif's home?
4. About how old is Munib described as when Lola first sees him in “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940"?
5. What is the name of Lola's little sister?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)