|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “Hanna: Sarajevo, Spring 1996” – “An Insect’s Wing: Sarajevo, 1940”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hanna describe the parchments of the Sarajevo Haggadah having been made of in her assessment of them?
(a) A Spanish goat.
(b) Goatskin from northern Africa.
(c) An Italian type of ancient cow.
(d) A Spanish mountain sheep.
2. When Hanna finally gets to see the book for the first time in “Hanna: Sarajevo, Spring 1996,” she says that "No conservator had handled this manuscript for" how long?
(a) "Fifty years."
(b) "Two centuries."
(c) "A century."
(d) "Twenty years."
3. What does the saltwater used at the seder table represent?
(a) The worship of the Golden calf.
(b) The parting of the Red Sea.
(c) The tears of the slaves in Egypt.
(d) The fish of the sea.
4. What is Amalie Sutter's profession?
(a) She is a entomologist.
(b) She is an archeologist.
(c) She is an art historian.
(d) She is a forensics specialist.
5. Where is Hanna's home?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) New York, U.S.
(c) Sydney, Australia.
(d) Boston, U.S.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sold the Sarajevo Haggadah to the National Museum in Sarajevo?
2. When was the Sarajevo Haggadah last bound, according to the narrator in “Hanna: Sarajevo, Spring 1996”?
3. What is the name of Karaman's child?
4. The word "haggadah" is from the Hebrew root word "hgd" which means what?
5. Where was the Sarajevo Haggadah last bound, according to the narrator in “Hanna: Sarajevo, Spring 1996”?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)